Random Green Day facts

Welshy

Mike has a strong connection to his Native ethnicity. (His adoptive mother & sister were Native)

Billie wrote When It's Time at age 19, but it was only revealed in the AI musical

Tre never sold any of his drum kits

hmm iunno

Homecoming was the first song written on AI.

Letterbomb was originally called Clusterbomb and Homecoming was originally called Were Coming Home Again.

Billies favorite song off AI is Letterbomb

Billes favorite song off Kerplunk! is Who Wrote Holden Caulfield.

Tre has only one testicle. That's pretty random.

In before close! Goddamn, we need a new spam thread.

• Like 3

We could collect some fact in this Thread and them someone, most likely Andres, could add the new facts to the random facts section on GDA?

Victoria Asher from Cobra Starship said that when she met Tre at the VMAs he told her his father was a fan of hers and asked her if she could send him (his father) an email.

AND WHERE DID YOU LEARN THIS?

I was wearing a Tie Dye shirt in Las Vegas on August 21st, 2009. Green Day would be playing a show later that night. In the afternoon, Tre walked up to me and said "You better change your shirt before the show. I fucking hate tie dye."

Jerk. :cry:

• Like 3

I was wearing a Tie Dye shirt in Las Vegas on August 21st, 2009. Green Day would be playing a show later that night. In the afternoon, Tre walked up to me and said "You better change your shirt before the show. I fucking hate tie dye."

OMG seriously?! That's awful!

But you met Tre, so it's not all totally bad?

Um, random fact? Mike has a heart defect.

Tell me I'm overreacting all you want, but I seriously just lost some respect for him.

why isn't this closed? is there not any mods online today?

anyway, When i come around was originally called Better Not Come Around, and has alternate lyrics (which can be heard on youtube),

and Geek Stick Breath used to be called "I Dunno".

on the side of the 39/Smooth LP, it says "James put down that skinhead!"

and in the Slappy vinyl it explains that James was a roadie who eventually wasn't allowed to go to shows because he kept beating up skinheads.

• Like 2

Haushinka was originally meant to be on Kerplunk

Sick of me was originally just called Sick

Do Da Da was going to be called Stuck With Me

I can see this going on for months....

Gah, why is it that I can just pull random trivia out of my ass until something like this shows up?

Uh, lessee...

-The song "The One I Want" is by Billie AND Mike. Says so on the insert with the 1000 Hours EP, but nowhere else

-The 1000 Hours EP has Too Cool! and No Way! scratched into the vinyl

-When the first Sweet Children EP released, it had a pic of Mike's shoes on it. Then the next pressing had the Bug picture, and apparently somewhere it has the mysterious message "What do you think now Mike?" (note: I have yet to prove this...)

-After John Kiffmeyer left the band, Dave EC played with them for 2 weeks, but was never featured on an album.

-Billie Joe produced a Riverdales album.

-Billie Joe has won 20 total awards since forming Green Day.

I, for one, love tie dye, Lauren! :lol:

OMG seriously?! That's awful!

But you met Tre, so it's not all totally bad?

Well, it's an unwritten rule that punks hate hippies.

Tell me I'm overreacting all you want, but I seriously just lost some respect for him.

It was a joke, forchristsake