Random Green Day facts

Welshy

Back in the early days when they toured in the Bookmobile, the van was broken into while the band was onstage and their clothes and money was stolen. With the help of one of the local girls they were able to play again the next night in borrowed clothes, and given a place to stay. They showed their appreciation by writing "Thank you and we love you" in chalk on the girl's pool's diving board afterwards.

I only read that this year though

Just because you read it this year doesn't mean it happened this year. Lol.

Billie coached his son's little league sometime inbetween AI and 21CB. He recently said that they've now gotten too big and can outplay him or something.

• 2 years later...

According to an interview in 2006

Billie Joe actually grew up in Fairfield until he was 3 then moved to Rodeo.

(Fairfield is east of Rodeo between Vallejo and Vacaville.)

They take mortorcycle rides for down time.

They listen to satellite radio and their ipods for music.

interview starts at 40

• Like 2

I read in one of the drum magazines (sorry don't remember which) that Tre had fully restored his drumkit from Woodstock and said that it still had mud left on it from that day. Also he always records using the same snare drum.

Edited by basketcase4933
  • Like 2

Billie was a baseball coach?! Maybe he can come over and teach me somethings I don't know ;)

He was a soccer coach too! There's a picture somewhere of him and Joey's team when he was little :lol:

I love how half the thread is about Tre. :happy:

Okay random fact,

At one concert (Not sure which, sorry) Tre and Billie were barking at Mike to freak him out.

• Like 1

He was a soccer coach too! There's a picture somewhere of him and Joey's team when he was little :lol:

Oh my god! I wanna see that picture!

I know a lot but here are just a few that come to mind:

*Billie hates guns. He believes all guns should be melted down or destroyed

*Mike's into motorcycles and bikes and shit like that

*Billie enjoys surfing

*Tre loves sushi

*Billie likes putting together home movies

*Mike used to be obsessed with wanting to fly

• Like 1

*Billie hates guns. He believes all guns should be melted down or destroyed

Haha where'd you find that out?

Billie's cat really was in the dryer in Deadbeat Holiday, as he said on Twitter :D

I thought he sucked with electronic items?

Haha come on give him some credit. He's had a computer for a few years.

I bet Adrienne does all the work. :ninja:

• Like 2

The thing about Billie liking to put together home movies comes from an interview in 2004/5 where he said he'd only just got his first computer and was just starting to use it, and was trying out putting together home movies on it.

So it's not really much of a fact that he "likes to put together home movies". He didn't say it was a hobby or anything, he just said he'd tried doing it when he first got a computer.

• Like 1

The thing about Billie liking to put together home movies comes from an interview in 2004/5 where he said he'd only just got his first computer and was just starting to use it, and was trying out putting together home movies on it.

So it's not really much of a fact that he "likes to put together home movies". He didn't say it was a hobby or anything, he just said he'd tried doing it when he first got a computer.

Interviewer: "In your spare time, besides for music, do you have any hobbies?"

Billie: "I've been putting together home movies on my computer. I got a computer for the first time ever, so i've joined the human race."

Since he was asked in general if he had any hobbies, and that was the only thing he responded with, I would assume that he's pretty into it and considers it a hobby. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

OMG! He was mugged??? I wanna give him a hug really bad!

Anyways, thank you.

Lol yeah. And no problem!

(edit: sorry for the double post. my bad.)

Billie: "I've been putting together home movies on my computer. I got a computer for the first time ever, so i've joined the human race."

Since he was asked in general if he had any hobbies, and that was the only thing he responded with, I would assume that he's pretty into it and considers it a hobby. Just sayin'.

Oops, I stand corrected. I still think he said it like it was just something he'd been doing recently though, rather than something you could state as a fact that he enjoys doing 7 years later, if you see what I mean. But him saying that is an interesting fact in itself either way so thanks for finding the quote!

Is that a video or a magazine? Can you post the link if you have it? :D