Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Vampire Diaries/The Originals

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

Poll: Well?

So who's your favourite Salvatore brother?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Not the same thing, if all could be your choice, who would Elena be with?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is Damon Salvatore hot?

Vote Guests cannot vote

ScreamsInSilence815

ScreamsInSilence815
  • Broken Biscuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts
  • Joined Nov 26, 2008
  • 378 rep

*EDIT* VAMPIRE Diaries. Damn me and my fast typing...
I searched.
Finally saw the pilot last night since I missed it on Thursday.
I actually thought it was really interesting...plus Stefan is like OMG hot.
But anyway...
I think it was a little weird how in the beginning, he like couldn't walk into her house when he showed up, then later she invited him in and he could cross the threshold.. Like wtf. Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't read the books? Or maybe she had to invite him in first?
Idk.
Anyhow. Discuss. If you saw it, did you like it or not? If you didn't see it, do you intend to at some point?

Samantha

Samantha
  • interstellar gator-skin boots

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,310 posts
  • Joined Dec 25, 2004
  • 437 rep
I watched the pilot
Wasn't that impressed, but I'm hoping it'll get better
Too much happened in the first episode to make it seem interesting and keep you guessing
It was like
BAM he's a vampire
BAM he likes her alot
BAM oh look he has an evil brother
No suspense at all

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • 24,112 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,682 rep
I'll probably watch the pilot for the lulz.
I hear Mia from Degrassi's in it? haha

Samantha

Samantha
  • interstellar gator-skin boots

• 16,310 posts
  • Joined Dec 25, 2004
  • 437 rep
hahaha yeah
she does the brooding
not the vampire laugh.gif

Blu

Blu
  • Mike's Brat

• 8,233 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • 138 rep
The CW is stealing another Degrassi kid? Haha
I was gonna try watching this. Hopefully it's decent. There haven't been any good vampire shows in a long time. Well, Moonlight was okay. But it got cut and I barely got to watch it. I can't remember if there have been any others.

Blu

Blu
  • Mike's Brat

• 8,233 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • 138 rep
I just watched the pilot. It's just okay. Hopefully it gets better. It reminds me a lot of the feel of Twilight right now and I don't like that, to be honest. I'm tired of the Twilight craze. The show has a lot of music I like in it though. And I recognize a lot of the actors, though I can't name or place them without looking them up.

mayday01

mayday01
  • Dearly Beloved

• 7,762 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2006
  • 38 rep
QUOTE (ifmemoryserves @ Sep 13 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll probably watch the pilot for the lulz.
I hear Mia from Degrassi's in it? haha

The lulz were rull good.
Like the fog in the cemetery.
You'll know what I mean when you see it.

This is so identical to Twilight.
Only maybe less cheesy with slightly better acting.
Except, idk. They're both pretty chessetastic with bad acting.
Take the girl from this and RPattz and it'd be perfect.

Chad is Rad

Chad is Rad
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Joined Feb 24, 2009
  • 4 rep
I really dont think the show is going to match up with the books. I read them, and everything in them was presented in a way more suspenseful way than their showing on the show so far. The show's just kind of boring, in my opinion. bored.gif

I really like the cast of characters though, they match up perfectly in my head. Hopefully the show gets better, but I'll watch them regardless.

Blu

Blu
  • Mike's Brat

• 8,233 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • 138 rep
QUOTE (Chad is Rad @ Sep 14 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really dont think the show is going to match up with the books. I read them, and everything in them was presented in a way more suspenseful way than their showing on the show so far. The show's just kind of boring, in my opinion. bored.gif

I really like the cast of characters though, they match up perfectly in my head. Hopefully the show gets better, but I'll watch them regardless.

You can't build an entire book's suspense in 1 episode. Who knows how it'll go. Hopefully it'll get better.

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
I never read the books, hell I didn't even know that there WERE books. But I don't care HOW much advertising this show does to say it's based on a book series...
This show is so about Twilight. The guy cast to play Stefan looks strikingly similar to Edward, the girl (I don't know/forget her name) fits the characteristics of Bella to a pin, except she's actually pretty, you know they're totally going to end up together and it's gonna be all hard and stuff.

I wanted to watch this because I'm a huge Buffy nut, and I wanted to see how similar this would be to Twilight. It was definitely made for the Twilighters in mind, no doubt about it. I only saw the last half hour, it was alright. I'll try to keep up with it as best I can.

-Billiejoezee-

-Billiejoezee-
  • Too mental to go crazy.

• 13,583 posts
  • Joined Jan 12, 2009
  • 1,557 rep
I've only read the books.

walkingalone_x3

walkingalone_x3
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2006
  • 1 rep
I actually really liked this.
In fact I've watched the pilot episode twice now.
It does remind me of Twilight, but it's a better, less cheesetastic version of Twilight.
I'm excited for a new episode tomorrow night.

M1KEY

M1KEY
  • Finger Fucker

• 2,206 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2006
  • 291 rep
I haven't watched it yet (have it downloaded), but a good friend of mine, Sara Canning, is on the show. She's in Georgia right now for 6 months for the filming. We celebrated her birthday 2 days before she left for Georgia, then once she got there she posted on my facebook wall teasing me that Ian Somerhalder had gone out with her for her birthday and bought her a shot and gave her a birthday hug... cause she knows I think he's McDreamy. LOL Anyway, I really hope the show does well and that she has a lot of success with it.

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
I'm watching it right now and I'm KINDA getting into it. It's a bit difficult, but I really am trying. I like what I can get into so far, hopefully this will make up for my Buffy loss.
Fuck Boone got HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

Blu

Blu
  • Mike's Brat

• 8,233 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • 138 rep
QUOTE (Jaymee!! @ Sep 15 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never read the books, hell I didn't even know that there WERE books. But I don't care HOW much advertising this show does to say it's based on a book series...
This show is so about Twilight. The guy cast to play Stefan looks strikingly similar to Edward, the girl (I don't know/forget her name) fits the characteristics of Bella to a pin, except she's actually pretty, you know they're totally going to end up together and it's gonna be all hard and stuff.

I wanted to watch this because I'm a huge Buffy nut, and I wanted to see how similar this would be to Twilight. It was definitely made for the Twilighters in mind, no doubt about it. I only saw the last half hour, it was alright. I'll try to keep up with it as best I can.

I'm a big Buffy fan too. Without it there's a big void. I was hoping the show would kind of fill it. But the similarities to Twilight are getting to me. I'm hoping the show gets better. The actors are better than the Twilight ones, but if the storyline doesn't pick up, then it's going to lose me. The CW has basically lost me, so it's hard to remind myself to turn to the channel if I'm ever around a TV or go to cwtv.com and watch online. I really want a vampire show to be successful and I really want something to fill what Buffy left behind. I'm trying to keep up with the show right now. I just really hope it gets better. I don't think I can stand another cheesy/crappy vampire show/movie right now. The only decent one on TV right now is True Blood. But that's not the kind of vampire show that fills what Buffy left behind.

Advertising

Chad is Rad

Chad is Rad
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Joined Feb 24, 2009
  • 4 rep
I've seen 3 episodes already, and it still doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. confused.gif

Guest_☼_*

Guest_☼_*
  • Joined --
  • 0 rep
I've seen all the episodes thus far and I really like it. I know it is similar to other Vampire shoes and books, but its new and different than stupid reality shows.

I am also digging the evil brother. Oh he is yummy.

fashionvictim86

fashionvictim86
  • GDA's God

• 10,601 posts
  • Joined Oct 31, 2002
  • 121 rep
laugh.gif They talked about Twilight a little in the last episode. Damon was reading the blonde girls book and she was like "why don't you sparkle in the sun?" laugh.gif

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
QUOTE (fashionvictim86 @ Oct 4 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif They talked about Twilight a little in the last episode. Damon was reading the blonde girls book and she was like "why don't you sparkle in the sun?" laugh.gif

bwahaha
Wait...she knows that he's a vampire?
I've only seen bits of pieces of the episodes...and I missed the one on Thursday completely. I forgot to turn the channel to it sad.gif

And Blu, I think the only way we'll be able to fill that Buffy void is by having the network re-air all the episodes again, keeping it at once a week, pretending they are all new again crying5lc.gif It's hard to believe it's been 6 years.

fashionvictim86

fashionvictim86
  • GDA's God

• 10,601 posts
  • Joined Oct 31, 2002
  • 121 rep
QUOTE (Jaymee!! @ Oct 4 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bwahaha
Wait...she knows that he's a vampire?
I've only seen bits of pieces of the episodes...and I missed the one on Thursday completely. I forgot to turn the channel to it sad.gif

Yeah, I think that's the first time it was addressed in the show though that she knew. I won't say any more about the episode if you haven't seen it though!

I basically watch it because it's before Supernatural (which I liked Smallville there better, now I keep missing that, dammit). The show seems like it goes off in like 5 different story lines though. So I think if you miss an episode you miss a lot of shit. I read that 2 of the people on the show (including the guy who plays Stefan) was on the show Everwood, which I used to love so much but it was cancelled after 4 seasons. sad.gif

ScreamsInSilence815

ScreamsInSilence815
  • Broken Biscuit

• 6,335 posts
  • Joined Nov 26, 2008
  • 378 rep
I'm glad she's finally going to find out the whole secret. The plot was starting to wear thin on me a little. I was like "Sheesh. Just find out already!"

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
Ahhh I missed this again last night because of work. What happened?!

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
OMGGG I saw the second airing of the episode that I missed yesterday.
OMGGGG she knows.
OMGGGG Stefan is hot!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

...it's funny to see Boone as an evil guy laugh.gif

Austyn

Austyn
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,607 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2006
  • 6 rep

unf. needs more screen time, on the real.

huuuuge guilty pleasure. i remember paul wesley from the oc episode he was on...when his last name was wasilewski O:

ScreamsInSilence815

ScreamsInSilence815
  • Broken Biscuit

• 6,335 posts
  • Joined Nov 26, 2008
  • 378 rep
QUOTE (Austyn @ Oct 13 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i remember paul wesley from the oc episode he was on...when his last name was wasilewski O:

Haha. He was on an episode of Smallville in like the second season, and I became obsessed with him then...
Then I saw his name listed on The Vampire Diaries and I was all like blink.gif WHO'S THAT?
It took me a little while to make the connection...I'm rather slow.
laugh.gif

walkingalone_x3

walkingalone_x3
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,419 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2006
  • 1 rep
This week's episode was AMAZING!
biggrin.gif

persons

persons
  • Persons

• 3,278 posts
  • Joined Jan 03, 2009
  • 79 rep
hey, i was watching the new episode and you can hear "21 Guns" in the backround, pretty awesome!
  • Faith. likes this

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
QUOTE (walkingalone_x3 @ Oct 16 2009, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This week's episode was AMAZING!
biggrin.gif

WHAT HAPPENED?! Spoiler it if you have to.
I missed it last night because of work, and I'm missing it tonight because I'm going downtown! sad.gif

walkingalone_x3

walkingalone_x3
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,419 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2006
  • 1 rep
QUOTE (Jaymee!! @ Oct 16 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT HAPPENED?! Spoiler it if you have to.
I missed it last night because of work, and I'm missing it tonight because I'm going downtown! sad.gif

And the spoiler begins now:
So Elena shows up at Stefan's house demanding him to tell her what he is. He tells her that he's a vampire. She freaks out and goes home. Stefan then enters her house through the window and tells her that he never wanted this to happen, and she can't tell anyone, and that he'll explain everything to her the next day. So Elena and Stefan meet up at a restaurant and he tells her what's true and what's false about being a vampire. They go into the woods at his old house and he tells her the background story of his and Damon's lives. Kathrine is the one that turned the both of them and used mind manipulation on them. That is why they hate each other.
Now enter Damon: He killed Vicki's druggie friends, but he didn't kill Vicki. He brought her back to his house, where she then drank his blood, they partied, and then he killed her to continue her transformation into a vampire.
Vicki is now apart of the "undead", so when she wakes up she freaks out and goes to Elena's to see Jeremy, because she doesn't know what's happening to her. Jeremy calls Matt to tell him to come help him with Vicki. Eventually Stefan and Elena show up, Stefan immediately sees that Vicki is turning and tells the boys to take her upstairs that she'll be fine. Well Vicki freaks out again and runs off. Stefan goes to track her, meanwhile the sheriff and that one news reporter guy that Aunt Jenna was seeing are looking for the vampires in the woods. They are tracking them using the Gilbert watch and some weird compass thing that lets them know when vampires are nearby.
Anyway, Stefan finds Vicki and tells her that she'll die if she doesn't feed, but that it's up to her to make the choice. The news reporter guy finds them and shoots Stefan with a wooden bullet, that weakens Stefan to the point that he could stake him. And he's about to stake Stefan when Damon shows up and bites him, Damon pulls the bullet out of Stefan. Meanwhile, Vicki is behind them with the news reporter feeding on his blood. Thus Vicki's transformation is complete, she says she's sorry and runs off again. Stefan then heads back to Elena's to tell her what happened, and she tells Stefan that she can't be with him anymore.

I hope all of that made sense.
If not, let me know.

Here's a picspam of Damon's half of the episode.
It might help: http://liptease.live....com/21755.html

Jaymee!!

Jaymee!!
  • LL Cool Tré

• 18,995 posts
  • Joined Feb 19, 2007
  • 3,597 rep
mellow.gif
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question: Who is Kathrine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users