Cigarettes & Valentines (San Jose, CA)

djrossstar

Green Day performed Cigarettes & Valentines at soundcheck last night in San Jose, CA.

Since there is no audio/video of the song, a bunch of us here would REALLY appreciate it if the people who saw this live could describe the song for us.

After reading through 30 pages on the San Jose show, all we have gathered is that the song was 'sweet.' After waiting almost 10 years to hear this song, we really would like to know more ... lyrics, melody, speed of the song, ANYTHING! Who knows if we'll hear it again.

I'll never forget at Storytellers in 2005 when I asked BJA about the 'stolen album.' It was here that for the first time he told us that three of the songs were named 'Cigarettes and Valentines,' 'Drop Out' and 'Walk Away.' After I posted that on the forum, articles started poping up regarding the 'lost album' as being named 'Cigarettes and Valentines' although the band never declared that the record title.

Info please!

DJ Rossstar

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I'm gonna have to agree with Rossstar. Let's hear about this shit in minute detail, people!

WE NEED DETAILS. DETAILS. DETAILS.

I think it's a good idea to make a thread for this, because it's pretty difficult to get some information about the song from the San Jose thread. Plus, this one is easier to find for people who have a video/audio or who heard the song.

Green Day performed Cigarettes & Valentines at soundcheck last night in San Jose, CA.

Since there is no audio/video of the song, a bunch of us here would REALLY appreciate it if the people who saw this live could describe the song for us.

After reading through 30 pages on the San Jose show, all we have gathered is that the song was 'sweet.' After waiting almost 10 years to hear this song, we really would like to know more ... lyrics, melody, speed of the song, ANYTHING! Who knows if we'll hear it again.

I'll never forget at Storytellers in 2005 when I asked BJA about the 'stolen album.' It was here that for the first time he told us that three of the songs were named 'Cigarettes and Valentines,' 'Drop Out' and 'Walk Away.' After I posted that on the forum, articles started poping up regarding the 'lost album' as being named 'Cigarettes and Valentines' although the band never declared that the record title.

Info please!

DJ Rossstar

why didn't they air that?

and yeah, some info will be appreciated

Because TV never airs the 'good' questions. However, Daily Download allowed me to ask mine!

I like the idea of this thread, but please change the title to something that tells that there's no audio/video, I got my hopes of there. :P

I like the idea of this thread, but please change the title to something that tells that there's no audio/video, I got my hopes of there. :P

Better? I like the idea of the thread, too, but almost every post so far is someone echoing the fact that they want details. Can we please assume that we all want details and leave posting for those who HAVE the details?

All I know so far is what Kat told me: it was "sweet," and she didn't think it was a ballad, but it sounded kind of ballad-ish just because Billie Joe played it alone.

I'm wondering if this means that they're going to release some of those "lost" songs in some way in the future. Wasn't there supposed to be a box set that was gonna be released this year anyway?

Thanks, J'net. :)

Wasn't there supposed to be a box set that was gonna be released this year anyway?

Correct. :o

I haven't been keeping up with the tour threads, so this is the first I've heard of it. :o

That's so fucking great. Maybe they'll play it again during the tour.

I said 10 years because Warning was released almost 10 years ago in 2000. So C&V would have been released sometime after in 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004.

DJ Rossstar

I know who you are, Ross.

I just didn't think that it'd been 10 years since the rumoured Cigarettes and Valentines album went 'missing.'

this is fucking GROUNDBREAKING. although i've heard somewhere that C&V is Money Money 20 20. fact or fiction?

They've been pulling a lot of 'secret' songs outta the basket, well... two. That song from HLAHG, now this.

I'm wondering if this means that they're going to release some of those "lost" songs in some way in the future. Wasn't there supposed to be a box set that was gonna be released this year anyway?

Sorry have I missed an amazing amount of something? Where has this news come from?

Archived