Billie Joe interview in Maxim

farley drexel hatcher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article!

Billie really is hysterical! I'd love to see him on Funny or Die!

And yeah, I think he's shorter than 5'8" and he's so light!

It mildly pisses me off when he says he eats pizza and burritos, WHERE DO YOU PUT IT?

Then he smiles and I love him again!

hardwood floors? interesting...

and 5'8? really billie joe? i think he might be exaggerating a bit

I think he means with his hair all bushed up. :sherlock:

He told the story about pissing in the closet at the concert I went to! Hardwood floors, that's great. :lol:

"anything but Time Of Your Life"

Good God I love you Billie Joe

I liked that too, sick of seeing articles that say shit like "Green Day have been having the time of their life the past few years" or the current favorite reviewer/interviewer line about the band going from songs about masturbation to a more mature sound...get some originality people!

5 foot 8 inches and 145 pounds - he's such a little guy. :happy:

anyone notice he said "I'm only About" before that lol

maybe he's unsure? No way he's 5'8 Haha

That pissing in the closet story is one of the first ones in the storytime thread. Can't remember where he told it, though. But I love the flushing the hangar part. Funny interview. Where can we vote for that King of Pop thing?

His answer to the DUI thing was good. It seems he really learned from something so stupid. And in regards to the acid, I had a summer full of it many years ago and it's one drug that I won't ever do again either. That shit is harsh.

But it was fun. But don't do drugs, kids! Haha.

Thanks for scanning that!

I think that's the first article I read that I seriously squeeked with laughter.

His answers to those questions were so great, quotable, and classic Billie Joe.

Thanks so much for the scans! The article made my day!

this interview seriously made my day. "actually, i'm running hardwood floors" :lol: :lol:

but yeah, a really good interview. like everyone's been saying, really refreshing, not just the same old serious questions... billie=hilarious.

I feel like if Billie was in the magazine he would be like naked and barely covered by a white fur blanket in a room with the fire going and a bear skin rug on the ground.

I feel like if Billie was in the magazine he would be like naked and barely covered by a white fur blanket in a room with the fire going and a bear skin rug on the ground.

I completley agree with you.

When I heard he was in Maxim, I had an image considerably close to that.

I completley agree with you.

When I heard he was in Maxim, I had an image considerably close to that.

Interviewer - So what's your favourite kind of bear skin?

Billy Joel (cause that's how they would spell it) -Well fucking y'know like I'm in to the whole grizzly y'know thing but like y'know I like to keep it simple y'know?

I think he means with his hair all bushed up. :sherlock:

Mhmm! I think so too - and with his big heeled creepers on!

I don't even think he's 5'7 to be honest.

I liked this little interview. Kudos to Maxim for not asking the same old stuff.

reading right now, I agree in his views about acid, I remember last time I took some, my friends left and I was alone with a computer, then I came to GDC, then the rest is history

Interviewer - So what's your favourite kind of bear skin?

Billy Joel (cause that's how they would spell it) -Well fucking y'know like I'm in to the whole grizzly y'know thing but like y'know I like to keep it simple y'know?

:lol::lol:

Oh dear, yes.

They'd have Billy Joel Legstrong or something. And you placed the y'know's perfectly, haha.

That would've made the article even better because we'd all be heckling Maxim for their fantastic research, and how they didn't edit out all of his annoying, yet weird-without-them y'knows.

Thanks for this, I actually love interviews like this where it's short and sweet but actually really informational and entertaining.

The last question made me LOL pretty seriously

anyone notice he said "I'm only About" before that lol

maybe he's unsure? No way he's 5'8 Haha

I always thought he was 5'7, but, who knows?

He usually wears those tall shoes to make himself taller, so he may be 4 feet for all we know. Those shoes are pretty high.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Oh dear, yes.

They'd have Billy Joel Legstrong or something. And you placed the y'know's perfectly, haha.

That would've made the article even better because we'd all be heckling Maxim for their fantastic research, and how they didn't edit out all of his annoying, yet weird-without-them y'knows.

Lmao.

They edit them out, because he says them like twice every sentence, and in interviews they only put it like once.

WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS VERY VERY INCORRECT.

Billie bullshitted his little 5"8 thing.

I'm 5"5 and with my converses on I'm 5"6, and standing next to Billie I was like half an inch taller than him.

Archived