Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The Influents

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

persons

persons
  • Persons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts
  • Joined Jan 03, 2009
  • 79 rep
i searched for a thread for them but couldn't find one, this is the band that jason white and bill schneider were in, so talk about them here, if there's a thread for them, sorry, feel free to close this if there is.

Ormond

Ormond
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined Apr 14, 2007
  • 0 rep
You can download both Influents albums on their website (http://www.theinfluents.net/) for free. Well worth listening to.

alaniluau

alaniluau
  • Like Every Other American

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
It is my duty to bump this.

They're one of my favorite bands. This is what really got me interested in the lovely Mr. White. My favorite song is undoubtedly Give the Anarchist a Cigarette. I've got both the CDs. I bought Some of the Young off Amazon for $0.01. ohmy.gif How such a masterpiece could be sold for so little is beyond me.

haushinkaitlyn

haushinkaitlyn
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Joined Apr 15, 2005
  • 0 rep
They're so good! I wish there was more than two albums though. Womp womp.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
Wow. Big bump.

Just wondering if anyone else bought the DVDs from their website? If so, did you get the DVD of them and Green Day at Gilman as well?
I bought the Making of Some of the Young, and the Gilman DVD came with it. Not sure if they accidentally sent it or if it was meant to come.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
I have not bought the DVDs. Thanks for reminding me. Either way, the Influents and Green Day are a heavenly combination.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
I know.

This actually reminded me that I haven't watched it in ages. I know what I'll be doing while my Dad's out :lol:

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
I wanna come over for that! Now that school's out, I'm going to have a day where I literally just sit and watch all of the Jason-related films I have. It will be joyous.
  • Demon!Dean likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
I would need many more Jason films for me to be able to do that. I guess I could watch the two I have, then hop on the computer to watch Towncraft? Even though it's not all about Jason.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
That's true, but the parts he does have in Towncraft are adorable. He wears that silly, irresistible Jason grin while sitting there talking about skateboarding. :lol: And I always tear up in the end when all the Little Rock guys talk about how proud they are when they see him on TV with a Max pin.

You know how YouTube has some clips of the Influents live at some random coffee shop? People are just walking past and talking over the beautiful music. :( I wish I could go back in time and go to some of those lo-fi gigs.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

That's true, but the parts he does have in Towncraft are adorable. He wears that silly, irresistible Jason grin while sitting there talking about skateboarding. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... And I always tear up in the end when all the Little Rock guys talk about how proud they are when they see him on TV with a Max pin.

You know how YouTube has some clips of the Influents live at some random coffee shop? People are just walking past and talking over the beautiful music. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... I wish I could go back in time and go to some of those lo-fi gigs.

Yes, and talking about the boots. And the hat he was wearing!
I remember those videos. That would have been great to be there. At any Influents show, really.

I feel like Johnnie gets no love :(

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

Yes, and talking about the boots. And the hat he was wearing!
I remember those videos. That would have been great to be there. At any Influents show, really.

I feel like Johnnie gets no love http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Oh, the hat is priceless! Johnnie deserves some recognition, but then again so do all of the guys. I always feel very awkward trying to explain the awesomeness of Greg Schneider to people.
"You know Green Day's tour manager, Bill?"
"Uhhhh, no?"
"Well his little brother is a fantastic guy!"

:mellow:

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

Oh, the hat is priceless! Johnnie deserves some recognition, but then again so do all of the guys. I always feel very awkward trying to explain the awesomeness of Greg Schneider to people.
"You know Green Day's tour manager, Bill?"
"Uhhhh, no?"
"Well his little brother is a fantastic guy!"

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

:lol:

I have the same problems with my friends. They give me a blank look, then burst into laughter because apparently I can't say Schneider properly.

One friend doesn't like Bill at all since I showed her a picture from the Influents website. Jason's standing in front of this fridge in a service station. Bill is standing behind with one hand on Jason's shoulder and a creepy/pedophile look on his face. So he's become known as Creeper Bill to her.

I'll see if I can find the pic.

EDIT: Here it is! He doesn't have his hand on Jason's shoulder like I thought, though. I'm pretty sure it's just his normal photo-face, he gives the camera this look in a few photos.

Posted Image

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I have the same problems with my friends. They give me a blank look, then burst into laughter because apparently I can't say Schneider properly.

One friend doesn't like Bill at all since I showed her a picture from the Influents website. Jason's standing in front of this fridge in a service station. Bill is standing behind with one hand on Jason's shoulder and a creepy/pedophile look on his face. So he's become known as Creeper Bill to her.

I'll see if I can find the pic.

EDIT: Here it is! He doesn't have his hand on Jason's shoulder like I thought, though. I'm pretty sure it's just his normal photo-face, he gives the camera this look in a few photos.

http://theinfluents....umb_l_pic03.jpg

Creeper Bill, I'm in stitches! :lol: He does tend to pull odd faces in photographs, but he's a big teddy bear in person. I have an attachment to his feet. I think that picture amplifies his weird stare because they're in a sketchy looking gas station. Jason's hair is beautifully frizzy, too!

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

Creeper Bill, I'm in stitches! http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... He does tend to pull odd faces in photographs, but he's a big teddy bear in person. I have an attachment to his feet. I think that picture amplifies his weird stare because they're in a sketchy looking gas station. Jason's hair is beautifully frizzy, too!

I just noticed Jason's hair. It was lovely back then. I really hope he never goes bald :lol:
And I just noticed Willie seems totally unaware of the camera, just staring at Bill going "What are you doing, man?"

This sounds really creepy, but what are Bill's feet like?

Advertising

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

I just noticed Jason's hair. It was lovely back then. I really hope he never goes bald http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
And I just noticed Willie seems totally unaware of the camera, just staring at Bill going "What are you doing, man?"

This sounds really creepy, but what are Bill's feet like?

Baldness would be the ultimate downfall! I have long held a yearning to fix my hands to that head of his, if only for a brief moment. :whistle Most pictures of the band are kind of funny, often each individual member seems lost in his own little world.

I experienced nearly the entire Pinhead Gunpowder show from atop those feet of his, so I regard them as a sort of safe haven. They're kind of large and lumbering, just like Bill is in general. Warning: creepy Influents fan is a creep. Haha.
  • Todd likes this

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

Baldness would be the ultimate downfall! I have long held a yearning to fix my hands to that head of his, if only for a brief moment. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... Most pictures of the band are kind of funny, often each individual member seems lost in his own little world.

I experienced nearly the entire Pinhead Gunpowder show from atop those feet of his, so I regard them as a sort of safe haven. They're kind of large and lumbering, just like Bill is in general. Warning: creepy Influents fan is a creep. Haha.

It amazes me how a man of almost forty can keep his hair so much prettier than I can keep mine. So soft... :whistle
I think most Jason fans would agree that that's the first thing they'd want to do upon meeting him.

Bill seems really nice, if somewhat shy, from what I've heard from people meeting him. I love it that it always seems to be guys of Bill's size that are the quiet ones. Not calling him fat, he's just...cuddly.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
That's right, he is almost 40! I always forget. Him and Jade are just a few days apart, but I always think of Jason as being much older. Jason's married and seems to have a more mature air to him, plus Jade just looks like a little baby most of the time.

Bill definitely seems so cuddly, much more so than his little brother who's a shrimp. Haha. I'm sure Greg is a real sweetheart too. When they announced that he was compiling footage of this year's Frustrators shows to make a live DVD, most people were all, " :woot: I can't wait to see the DVD!" and I was all " :woot: Greg Schneider!"

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
I remember when they announced that. I wasn't really into the Frustrators, so I was all "Oh, cool, Greg :happy: "

Greg and Bill almost remind me of that movie with Danny DeVito and Arnie. Was it called Twins? Even though Bill and Greg aren't twins, Greg just seems so scrawny compared to his brother, it's almost hard to believe they're brothers.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
Oh, I think I know that movie! I was kind of surprised when I first discovered le Influents and figured out the relationship between Greg and Bill. If I ever end up sitting on Bill's feet for a show again, I'm going to ask him how his little bro is doing and if he has any random stories from when they were growing up.

We're doing an admirable job at perpetually bumping this thread. It's always surprised me that so very few Green Day fans appreciate the Influents. They are somewhat of a Green Day side project, granted a fringe one.

Karen.

Karen.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2010
  • 375 rep
I downloaded the songs based on your bumping the thread!

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep
This thread is turning into the emirisan and alaniluau chat thread.

That'd be awesome, going to a Pinhead show, standing right up in front of Bill and having him tell you little stories from his childhood while he plays. :lol:

One day I'm going to make a Green Day family tree sort of thing. Where FBHT and The Network are the direct descendants, then comes Pinhead and The Frustrators, then The Influents, and so on.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

Yes! We have a convert!

What do you think of them?

Karen.

Karen.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2010
  • 375 rep

Yes! We have a convert!

What do you think of them?

They sound good so far, haven't had much time to listen to them yet. I made a cd for my car - it's cute that they all fit on one disc!
Re Jason - I love I'm a Mess - it's in my iTunes top 25!

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

They sound good so far, haven't had much time to listen to them yet. I made a cd for my car - it's cute that they all fit on one disc!
Re Jason - I love I'm a Mess - it's in my iTunes top 25!

Gosh, I haven't listened to I'm A Mess in yonks. Thanks for reminding me about it!

The CD sounds like a good idea.

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep
See Emilie, our thread has made a difference in the musical life of a person!

That's very exciting! :happy: I've never known anyone who listened to the Influents and didn't fall in love. This band is what converted me into the diehard Jason fan I am today.

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

See Emilie, our thread has made a difference in the musical life of a person!

Influents fans: changing people's lives by constantly bumping old threads.

Imagine if we made an Influents Club and it featured in Club Digest! :o
I would be so proud.
  • Todd likes this

Karen.

Karen.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Joined Apr 25, 2010
  • 375 rep

Imagine if we made an Influents Club and it featured in Club Digest! http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
I would be so proud.

Haha!

alaniluau

alaniluau

• 4,615 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2009
  • 1,183 rep

Imagine if we made an Influents Club and it featured in Club Digest! http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
I would be so proud.

I love you.

Haha!

Influents fans are kind of insane, aren't they? :P

Emilie.

Emilie.

• 14,628 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,692 rep

I love you.