Dookie Demos Studio 1993

KerplunkxCreak

I love this bootleg!

It is cool to finally here Pulling Teeth technically live.

Too bad they never play it live.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this is pretty neat, I've never heard that instrumental or Walking The Dog before.

Thanks!

I would ask them from the downstage to play Walkin' the dog in Spain.

If they do,for sure I'm recording it lol

Matt, one of GDA's old webmasters, got his hands on a copy of the demo from someone that works at Warner Brothers or something. I think he was the one that put them on the Internet originally. I have a burned CD of them.

It is pretty fucked up to hear now how much they've changed.

I love how much they've changed though Courtney don't you? I don't recognise the old band it's like two sets of people, but love them both equally :)

x

is walking the dog sung by tre?

it just sounds as he's the main one singing..

cool anyway ^^

All these demos are crazy. I love the one for Don't Wanna Fall In Love.

I didn't listen to them again, and I haven't in years, but I'm pretty sure it was Billie that sang Walkin' the Dog.

I love how much they've changed though Courtney don't you? I don't recognise the old band it's like two sets of people, but love them both equally :)

x

Yes, it was great to watch their career change from back then till now. Fucking mind blowing.

Walkin' the Dog is a cover I think, I'm not sure by which band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_the_Dog

By these lot according to Wiki.

Walking The Dog is originally by The Beatles.

As you know, Billie was influeced by them.

Also,Tre's singing :)

So..I really voice their voices there...They were like too young but awesome at the same time.

:)

Walkin' the Dog is a cover.........but I didn't think it was by the Beatles......

Walkin' the Dog is a cover.........but I didn't think it was by the Beatles......

I know it's a cover, but I thought it was by the Beatles because I think I ehard it once..

I'm going to look for the real song lol

I've heard some of these before, but not all of these thank you :) Dookie is the greatest album ever.

• 3 years later...
Green Day Early Dookie Demo Tape - Burnout

Green Day Early Dookie Demo Tape - Walking The Dog

Love their cover of Walking The Dog :lol:

What I don't get about these demos is that Billie's voice is so much higher and whinier than it ever was on 1039 SOSH and Kerplunk :lol:

What I don't get about these demos is that Billie's voice is so much higher and whinier than it ever was on 1039 SOSH and Kerplunk :lol:

There are three sets of Dookie demos which Billies voice varies on, i reckon they were ripped off an old tape or something and the pitches go slightly sped up than how they were originally recorded.

In the instrumental, just after 1:20 in, there is a little snippet of a song that (even though I've heard no more than 2 seconds of it) sounds pretty cool :) Just imagine how cool it would be if somewhere this year something like an unreleased studio recording or a lost song from the Dookie/Nimrod era was found *_*

• 5 months later...

It is interesting how a lot of these songs can be interpreted as hate towards the underground community in california or the record producers that harrased them before they decided to try for a major label. The different lyrics on this demo are less dark so that whichever path they chose it could be interpreted either way.

Its cool how longview is more 39/smooth sounding thus not as dark and pessimistic. When I come around is slower and less dark as well. However, JAR through Sasafrass roots is just too edgy and overwhelmingly punchy. Having a blast and burnout however are much better recordings then what ended up on the final product. Walkin the dog through FOD are really great as well. Fun listen and definitely staying on the iphone.

• 5 months later...

Archived