Artists who have covered Green Day songs?

Nymrawd

I read somewhere that One Direction did cover of "Wake Me Up When September Ends" on their soundcheck?

no, it was actually one of their songs, but it kinda sounds like it I guess

Bowling for soup did a cover on Stuart and the ave.

That was a hell of a cover, I wish the video was better quality

Weezer-Worry Rock

Elvis Costello (with Billie Joe)

Avril Lavigne-Basket Case

American Idiot

• Like 1

Even got to play in front of Tre Cool, the drummer for Green Day, which was a thrill for all of them!

i saw Weezer a couple weeks ago and they covered Basket Case (badly, might i add). they also covered One Direction, sadly that was the better of the two covers :ermm:

i saw Weezer a couple weeks ago and they covered Basket Case (badly, might i add). they also covered One Direction, sadly that was the better of the two covers :ermm:

Wheatus, we saw Wheatus. If we saw Weezer it would have been better,

Wheatus, we saw Wheatus. If we saw Weezer it would have been better,

THAT ONE! i always get them confused :P stupid similar names

THAT ONE! i always get them confused :P stupid similar names

When I saw Weezer they covered Teenage Dirtbag because everyone gets then mixed up. It was fantastic.

Florence and the machine have some old Green Day covers out there, which are cool. Particularly their take on Platypus (I Hate You).

Florence and the machine have some old Green Day covers out there, which are cool. Particularly their take on Platypus (I Hate You).

I'd love to hear Florence sing that last verse in her typical baroque pop pseudo-operatic style. That would literally make my life.

So I found the aforementioned Florence cover of Platypus. She recorded the entirety of Nimrod acoustic with Lightspeed Champion in 2007. The quality is pretty bad as it was just recorded with a laptop microphone, but the last verse is as awesome as I suspected.

Redundant is magical.

Also Scattered. Love it.

And All The Time.

There's Worry Rock as well. That's all I can find, but I'll try and dig the others out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well no shit Far as Hell covered Green Day, that's what they're known for

Not that they're exceptionally good at it though

• 2 weeks later...
“When I Come Around” – Honeyblood (Green Day Cover) [AV Undercover Video]

Scottish indie-pop duo Honeyblood stopped by the AV Club office to perform a cover as a part of the AV Undercover project. Listen to their version of “When I Come Around” by Green Day above.

When asked about why they wanted to play that particular song, drummer Shona McVicar said it was, “An old classic song and something we probably both listened to when we started listening to rock music.” They certainly played it like it was a song they grew up listening to. As one of Green Day’s more laid-back early songs, it fits Honeyblood’s style well. They played a cool, charming version that showcases their shoegaze and ’90s alternative rock influences.

http://zumic.com/music-videos/105593/come-around-honeyblood-green-day-cover-av-undercover-video/

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...