Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Hunger Games

* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth
  • I am a mountain, I am the sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but when I read the book I imagined everything much more gory, especially during the tracker jacker scene!

Nah, I feel exactly the same ;)
And I so hope that they're gonna include that scene with Haymitch's hungergames. Gotta love that chapter.

Ana.

Ana.
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Joined Jan 18, 2012
  • 355 rep
I read the books ages ago and I absolutely loved them. Although I have almost forgotten everything again. Perhaps I'll re-read Catching Fire some time before the movie comes out.

momoluvGD

momoluvGD
  • The Worser Half

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 934 rep

Nah, I feel exactly the same http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...
And I so hope that they're gonna include that scene with Haymitch's hungergames. Gotta love that chapter.

Me too! Ugh, I can't wait!! :D

I read the books ages ago and I absolutely loved them. Although I have almost forgotten everything again. Perhaps I'll re-read Catching Fire some time before the movie comes out.

I am probably going to read the series again before the movie comes out as well. I did that with the first movie.

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,173 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 961 rep

Whatever they do. ENOUGH WITH THE SKAKY CAMERA. NOBODY LIKED IT. I was so frustrated the entire movie. I understand what Gary Ross was trying to do, but with a movie like this it made it look low budget. The first movie was a disappointment for me. Catching Fire is my favorite of the series so they BETTER not screw this up.

dr_sadness_88

dr_sadness_88
  • Jamaican Jerk Sauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2007
  • 1,512 rep

I am reading catching fire atm. and so far i am not liking it. i am in 180 pages so i hope it gets better

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep

I am reading catching fire atm. and so far i am not liking it. i am in 180 pages so i hope it gets better

Catching fire's my favourite  :sorry: I liked it so much that I read it again but that time in English. heh. 

And don't worry, it will get better - There's gonna be a plot twister that changes everything. 

I mean... Finnick freaking Odair. That's enough to like it :creep: :P

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,058 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,153 rep

Just finished reading The Hunger Games, am a third of the way through Catching Fire - so far really liking it! 

Although it annoys me that she keeps screwing Peeta over. 

Harry Potter.

Harry Potter.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,913 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2012
  • 982 rep

I know right!

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep

I wish she would just go for Gale :rolleyes: It gets even worse in Mockingjay - Jeez, make up your mind already. 

FreakyMe

FreakyMe
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 294 rep

oh,i never red one of the books,one of the much reasons for it,thta in germany they called "panem-hungergames"

i dont know how this is in america,but so its called i germany and thats so fuckin stupid,cause panem is the latin word for bread,and i will never read a book with the title bread.

and i also don't like lovestories

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep
"panem-hungergames"

*"Die Tribute Von Panem - Tödliche Spiele" ;) (The Tributes Of Panem - Deadly Games)

Lemme tell ya somethingl: I absolutely dislike love stories, but this trilogy is so much more than that, really, that weird stupid peeta-gale-katniss love triangle is by far not the main plot. These books are about war, revolution and loss and reflect modern society in an extreme way.

You really should give them a try. You won't regret it. 

Spoiler

And did anyone here read "divergent" by Victoria Roth? If you liked the The Hunger Games I'd highly recomment to check it out  :)

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 17,058 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,153 rep
oh,i never red one of the books,one of the much reasons for it,thta in germany they called "panem-hungergames"

i dont know how this is in america,but so its called i germany and thats so fuckin stupid,cause panem is the latin word for bread,and i will never read a book with the title bread.

and i also don't like lovestories

That's a really shit reason for not reading a book. 

Also, I've reading 1 and 2 but I read the reviews on Mockingjay and they were far from good. Is it worth buying on my kindle? or should I just borrow it from the library? 

FreakyMe

FreakyMe
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 294 rep
Lemme tell ya somethingl: I absolutely dislike love stories, but this trilogy is so much more than that, really, that weird stupid peeta-gale-katniss love triangle is by far not the main plot. These books are about war, revolution and loss. 

You really should give them a try. You won't regret it. 

Spoiler

And did anyone here read "divergent" by Victoria Roth? If you liked the The Hunger Games I'd highly recomment to check it out  :)

ok,i will give them a try,when i have time i check if the libtrary has an book of them

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep
That's a really shit reason for not reading a book. 

Also, I've reading 1 and 2 but I read the reviews on Mockingjay and they were far from good. Is it worth buying on my kindle? or should I just borrow it from the library? 

I got them all. In German and English. 

I heard different opinions: Some say mockingjay's boring, some liked it. 

I belong to the latter, but I wouldn't read it again. So I'd say borrow it from the library. 

Lady_Rufus

Lady_Rufus
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined Mar 16, 2008
  • 207 rep

Usually hate teen novels but this...it just gets its hooks inta ya! Read the whole trilogy in 5 days last summer. Loved the first book, must admit i was worried with the second, it took a long time to get going proper.

Spoiler
The third book was the same, it began rather boring and didn't really get started until halfway through but when it did it never got bland. Plus i love how the author put some effort into making a kind of social and cultural context. Most teen novel author don't seem to bother with any of that these days, or if they do, they don't do as nearly as good of a job that Collins did.

Advertising

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,692 rep

I loved the way the second book turned out. I thought the arena was so interesting!

As for the third book, people said it was really slow but I didn't even mind the beginning. and it got really intense towards the middle. but the end? I don't know, it seemed pointless to me. I felt like the book ended before the ending, y'know?

My brother in law didn't like it, I liked it but didn't think the ending was remarkable.

You don't have Amazon Prime? I borrowed it as one of my free book a month thing. I haven't even used it in a while, too bad I can't give you the free book. Or maybe I can, haha. 

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 7,432 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 2,722 rep
I started reading the first book last night- why did I not read them sooner!? :runaround: what I've read so far is awesome! I'm just about to start chapter 13.

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,841 rep

I've been meaning to read them for ages, heard the second two weren't very good though.

!

!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Aug 03, 2012
  • 374 rep
I've been meaning to read them for ages, heard the second two weren't very good though.

Well, I think the majority is that the third book was a letdown. The second book was better than the first, imo.

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 7,432 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 2,722 rep
I finished catching fire last night.
Spoiler

may10

may10
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined Jan 03, 2013
  • 66 rep

Love this book I went to see the midnight showing with like 30 other friends we filled up the first 4rows :D it was the best day ever!Cant wait for Catching Fire Peeta is my favorite (mainly cause Ive had a crush on Josh Hutcherson since he did the movie Kicking and Screaming) also I love Peeta's character he'll wlays be there for Katniss :)

Pieces of Truth

Pieces of Truth

• 4,006 posts
  • Joined Aug 04, 2012
  • 1,993 rep

Am I the only one who hates Peeta?  :mellow:

Like literally all the time he did nothing but being a pain in the ass. 

Wells

Wells
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Joined Jan 05, 2011
  • 396 rep

Am I the only one who hates Peeta?  :mellow:

Like literally all the time he did nothing but being a pain in the ass. 

Nah you're not the only one. :P

I mean, I don't hate him but he annoyed me from the very beginning. Not so much in the movie as in the book though.

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• 4,780 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,786 rep

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but when I read the book I imagined everything much more gory, especially during the tracker jacker scene!

That's one of the problems with Hollywood as a whole. It's business. A wider audience (as young as possible) translates directly to more cash for studios, crew, cast, etc... If money wasn't a problem, I'm sure they would be more faithful to the series. Harry Potter went from PG to PG-13, but the last 2-3 movies probably could have been R.

RevDrFunk

RevDrFunk
  • Grandmaster Tactician

• 4,008 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,515 rep

So has everyone been seeing the Capitol Portraits that have been getting posted all over the internet (err, is this even the Movie Thread?  I cant tell anymore).  I can't exactly post a link since they're being hosted by a bunch of different sites...though you can find them all on The Hunger Games facebook page.

The one for Finnick just got posted...and yeah, I really don't like the vocal minority that hates Sam Claflin.  Like dude the movie isn't out, so you're legitimately judging him on looks right now.  And well, I dunno, I think Sam Claflin's pretty dang pretty myself.  I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Lauren

Lauren
  • no te preocupes

• 14,973 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 3,692 rep

Here it is:

Spoiler

I like the way he looks. I hope his voice matches the voice in my head, though!

Little Girl Little One

Little Girl Little One
  • THE DARK OF AGES PAST

• 5,204 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2009
  • 2,448 rep

I can handle me some of that. :mellow: I really can't wait to see him act all seductive though. 

Spoiler

RevDrFunk

RevDrFunk
  • Grandmaster Tactician

• 4,008 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,515 rep

Here it is:

I like the way he looks. I hope his voice matches the voice in my head, though!

Well, in Pirates he had to have an English accent to him, so I don't know if he'll sound the same for this one...but he's pretty soft spoken.  I like him though, kinda boyish really. 

He's really going to have a pretty wide range to play Finnick though, you're right, Alison.  Ah well, here's his chance to hit the big time, eh?

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • The Better Half

• 3,173 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 961 rep

CATCHING FIRE TRAILER FOAEH:OIWHGO:IWHEGHOUWGO"WBEGOUWHEGBOW"EG:OWBGO:JWBGWJEBG"JOWE 

Ok fangirling not done 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users