Hey, I need some help IDing some stickers

Steven Samuels

Ooh, that way.

So you mean he still uses the original Blue for concerts?

Mm, I doubt it, I don't really think it's in a very good state after all those years. But well. Maybe he does. Who knows.

you can buy guitars for the 50's in good condition.... and anny good guitarist with care for their instrument should have it in prober shape after 15 years.....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can buy guitars for the 50's in good condition.... and anny good guitarist with care for their instrument should have it in prober shape after 15 years.....

Yeah, but I doubt that in all the concerts Billie played with it it was treated very careful all the time. I wish I could find the website I read that Blue is too fragile to use for concerts, but I can't find it. And he's had it for more then 15 years.

And would you still play concerts where you jump around like crazy with your first guitar ever while it's years and years old?

Yeah, but I doubt that in all the concerts Billie played with it it was treated very careful all the time. I wish I could find the website I read that Blue is too fragile to use for concerts, but I can't find it. And he's had it for more then 15 years.

And would you still play concerts where you jump around like crazy with your first guitar ever while it's years and years old?

we had a discussion on a guitar site about this, we came to:

"a guitar is ment to be played, not be something you hang on a wall"

and after experience: old guitars are harder to break then a new one ^^

i allso got a guitar that was made in.. 1969 ^^

we had a discussion on a guitar site about this, we came to:

"a guitar is ment to be played, not be something you hang on a wall"

and after experience: old guitars are harder to break then a new one ^^

i allso got a guitar that was made in.. 1969 ^^

But again, an over 26 year old guitar that's been played a lot, also in a LOT of concerts that were'nt exactly soft (silent? can't find the word), is probably not in the same state as it was when it was new.

But I don't think we'll ever come to an answer in this discussion, we'd have to ask Billie to know it for sure.

THERE IS THE FRUSTRATORS STICKER

toplogok.gif

and a fuck metal sticker

oh and a used bandaid

Billie doesn't use the 'real' Blue for concerts and stuff, he uses a copy. Actually, does anyone know if he still uses the original/real Blue for anything, or is it too fragile for that? (something I read when I was a way new GD fan and looking stuff up about the band, can't remember where I read it and if it was true)

I heard he gave it to his son. I can't remember where I heard it from though...

he had a bunch of copies at the warning era, becouse he didnt whant to use blue so much.

but it didnt feel the same, so he broke/gave away them all ^^

That means he has placed new stickers on it since the 90's

3386284367_8de9355455.jpg Close up of blue these days :)

I'd like to have the pics of the stickers, too. Could you post them in this thread when you are done? :)

I heard he gave it to his son. I can't remember where I heard it from though...

Really? I'd like to see/hear that myself before I believe that....no offense, but it just seems unlikely.

^ yeah your right i mean he could give his son a guitar but not the guitar he's had since he was like 10. no way :blink:

Really? I'd like to see/hear that myself before I believe that....no offense, but it just seems unlikely.

Yeah, if I find out where I saw it from, I'll let you know. I'm not 100% sure it's reliable though.

I did some digging and I'm not 100% sure, but I think the black one says Marcus Tents. I know for sure the last word is tents, but I'm not sure what the first 3 letters of the first word are. _ _ _ cus Tents.

b-t-w, what guitar is it? I know its not a stratocaster (which is the base im using). Possibly a Gibson of some sort?

• 1 month later...

Okay so I know this is an old thread, but I've been a fan since 1994 and have been collecting these stickers for a long time (about 94) I actually got the what me worry sticker from Billie himself through a mutual friend back in 96. Anyway I thought I'd post these for people who might be looking for them. Because I know how hard It would be to find them. Trust me I know, I've been resourcing them for 15 years. lol. some are new and some are old and not on blue anymore and some were only on Billies guitar for a short time but here you go. I don't have every one because they are so obscure.

nl-logo.gif

l_21c351f720d897175803327abeaf18-1.jpg

lesleygore-1-1-1.jpg

7282.jpg

98683-1.jpg

3285460865_f0c758b128-1.jpg

qrsallstar-2.gif

372.gif

jitcrunchaspx-1.jpg

2818212457_3121f1ff05-1-1.jpg

JB_001.jpg

dgenlogo.gif

frustrators-1-1.jpg

b300_1.jpg

theinfluents.jpg

img897cz.jpg

And yes he still uses the original blue, only for certain songs.

Blue is a Fernandes 59 revival strat. Made in Japan and yes that is the original neck, Fernandes used to make the replicas untill the were asked to stop making the fender style headstock. They originaly had the word fernandes on the head stock but they are known to peel off, witch finding one with the fernandes logo makes them somewhat expensive, around $500 to $1,000. You will have a very hard time finding them. And an even harder time finding a blue one. I found one in England for sale back in 2001 and snatched it up for about $800 US because I knew I'd probly never see one again. Billie put a seymour duncan jb humbucker in blue around late 1994. He had 2 other pickups in it before then. Anyway, I did all of this to make a blue copy and I ended up making three. one is a EXACT replica of blue around late 94. I mean exact, down to the datail of the chips in the paint in the same spots, what I call sticker guts (the nasty looking gummed up spots where sticker had been. I faded, cracked, and yellowed the pickguard just like Billies, Have the same seymour duncan. every detail is almost perfect. I say almost because of the stickers on the back. I don't know what they are of. I also think of myself as an artist and made up the stickers that I couldn't find and there as perfect as I can get. I don't think anyone other than Billie and a few others would know the diff. and would like to think that Billie might confuse them if they were side by side, but I know he wouldn't because like me I know MY guitar. the other two are of diff time periods. both are fernandes but not orig paint I had them painted blue because I can't find anymore. one looks like Billies around 1998 and the other I keep up with Blue as it is at the current time(when he removes one I remove one, when he adds one I add one). all three have the same detail down to the scratches, chips, dings, sticker guts, and torn stickers. I plan to take new pics and post more of the stickers as I scan and upload them to my computer.

Whoa, Justin, care to take some pictures of those guitars for us? I'd really love to seen them. :)

YOU ARE MY HERO.

You welcome.

If you guys have any ?'s about stickers and what the are I can tell you. all but one (the green one thats next to the helmet).

well here goes

The Influents- Band on Adeline records. Jason White (the fourth member of Green Day) also is in the band.

The Thumbs _ Band on Adeline records

The Queers- Band. the round sticker that says ef you. used to be on Lookout records.

The Hi Fives- Band. Used to be on Lookout records.

Pansy Division-Band. Used to be on Lookout records.

The frustraitors-Band on Adeline. One of Mikes other bands.

Cycle Zombies_ One of Billies new stickers. Motorcycle club.

Orange and black helmet- yes it's the bengals.

The Circus Tents- Band 80's- 90's skate/hardcore/punk from the bay aera.

The Muffs- Band used to be on reprise records.

Eight ball- eightball

Bouncing Souls- Band

Jawbreaker-Band

Dgeneration_Band

Joey Ramone- Round red and black sticker. The Ramones.

What me worry- A sticker a guy made a bunch of around 1992. and a few somehow ended up in Billies hands around then.

I will post the rest when I can get a chance. BTW if you know what the green sticker is please let me know, it's the only one so far I can't figure out.

Hey guys, Im trying to customize a RB Guitar like the guitar in this picture

Im not normally looking for stickers but....geez, this is really somethin I wanna try to do. Can anyone help? thanks.

Hey,

that's cool - good luck!!!! be sure to post a pic of the finished product!!!!!

Whoa, Justin, care to take some pictures of those guitars for us? I'd really love to seen them. :)

I will when I get my other computer and camera back from my soon to be ex wife.

PS Justin 1039 thanks for posting all those pics of the stickers!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something I drew up in paint. Think I may paint my Rockband guitar and make this. It will go great with the new Green Day Rockband thats comming out.

rockbandbilliejoesguitar.jpg

Archived