Lights Out

Dai.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it! When I first heard it I was just like: WOW, I have to play it again! Oh, no, it's finished again! I have to play it one more time :D

I love this song. I think that it should have been on the album instead of a song like Static Age. (I personally think that Static Age is the WORST song on the album.)

When I first heard this song, I cried. It is so beautiful, well written and performed. My favorite part of the song is Billie's voice when he sings, "As the darkness falls over the lights," around 1:47 into the song. I melt everytime I hear that part. I love the lyrics. They remind me of my life, and everything I've overcome.

iTunes just reminded me that I've listened to this song 71 times since I bought it.

This is one of my favorite songs EVER.

It's definetly in my top ten favorite Green Day songs.

It's ahhhhmazing.

it's awesome!!!but i prefer the hearts collide!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that you are the first one who prefers hearts collide more than lights out :D

anyway, lights out is great song, one of those songs I will never get tired of listening it.

It's my bedtime song :happy:

Speaking of which, I have to play it now.

Lights Out,

Here comes the night

As the darkness falls over the light (earlier than usual because winter is coming)

• 2 weeks later...

I love this song so much! It was my mobile phone's ringtone for the last months. Changed it last week to Basket Case. But still love this one badly!

I love this song, especially the 'private suicide' bit. It's one of those magical Green Day moments for me, everytime I hear it I grin from ear to ear :D

• 2 weeks later...

all i can say is that i'm happy this song isn't on the album. i like listening to it sometimes, tho

As much as I love the song [it's definitely in my top 5], after listening to the album alot...it wouldn't have made sense to include it. It doesn't fit in with the style of the other songs. It has a more Dookie or Insomniac feeling to it, I think.

I absolutely love this song. I cannot stop listening to it. It's got Nimrod all over it & it's magical.

This song reminds me one of their older songs, yet it doesn't. The lyrics and Billie's singing are more mature and different. It's in my top 10 favorite songs everrrr because of how lovely it is, and how it's old, yet new at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If they ever played this live, I don't know what I would do :lol:

scream and sing as loud as I can :D

All I can say --> :wub:

scream and sing as loud as I can :D

All I can say --> :wub:

That would be a good start :wink:

Just as long as I haven't died of a heart attack first :P

• 5 weeks later...

Blasting this and screaming "AND I'M LIVING OUT MY PRIVATE SUICIDE!!" when I'm home alone has become one of my favorite activites :D

Oh and I concure about the bass line :) ^^

I like the line "I lost myself in the place between heaven and hell." For some reason it always gets me.

I agree with what someone else said, in that it doesn't really fit on the album, but I'm glad they at least released it as a B-side. It reminds me of Nimrod in some ways, and then sometimes it doesn't really sound like anything else they've done. I don't know, but I love it.

Awww, this is such a great song! It's one of my favourite B-sides of all time. And I agree that it does have a slight Nimrod vibe about it. :wub: I love the lyrics too.

I love this song! Its very catchy and I love jamming to it in the car!

Me too! :happy:

Archived