The Static Age

J'net

This is definitely another song that rocks the house live. I thought Billie's comment about it was interesting:

"I love old punk flyers. You’d see things like a crucifixion of Mickey Mouse: two things that aren’t supposed to go together. That’s kind of what the song is about. The music is almost Springsteenish."

Discuss your thoughts about this song here.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quite possibly my favorite of the whole album. :)

Aaah, finally, this song's amaaaaaaaazing, the "All I want to..." part is probably my favourite part of the entire albu. :D

I like the message that comes with this one. Not to mention it's pretty catchy song with great sounding chorus.

All I want to know

Is a God-damned thing

Not what's in the medicine

All I want to do is

I want to breathe

Batteries are not included

What's the latest way that a man can die

Screaming hallelujah?

Singing out "The dawn's early light"

The silence of the rotten, forgotten

Screaming at you.

It kind of makes me emotional in a way that no other song does. I can't really explain it :P

This song is awesome! Probably one of the best on the album! :happy:

This song is so fun live :woot: Just like J'net has said before, the floor becomes a trampoline the minute it starts

This is tied at number 1 with 21 guns. I love this song so much. I hope it becomes a single eventually

basically sums up the want of being free from technology and the media, to me it's an evolved American Idiot, idk.

but i love singing it, yay! and, agreeing with just about everybody here, the most powerful point in the song starts with the "all i want to..."

Amazing song. The "All I Want To" part is incredible.

I really wanna hear them play this on tour :wub:

I like the message that comes with this one. Not to mention it's pretty catchy song with great sounding chorus.

All I want to know

Is a God-damned thing

All I want to do is

I want to breathe

Screaming hallelujah?

Screaming at you.

It kind of makes me emotional in a way that no other song does. I can't really explain it :P

I like that part too!!!!!

I have to agree with everything that has been posted here so far! This is one of my favorite songs off of the new album and I completely love it. The message behind it, the catchy melody, the lyrics... :wub: Oh my god.

And my personal relationship to it. Once upon a time on a cold, windy night in San Francisco in early April of 2009... :D

I would stand outside of The Independent with Paulina and hear this song for the first time in my life and it was also the first time they played it live. I felt in love with it the second I heard it and I still have those notes I made this night about the songs. Even in the recordings from this night, you can hear me saying something like "I think that´s my favorite so far" :D:wub:

Furthermore, it´s sooo much fun to listen to this song while driving!

I just love this song! (If you wouldn´t have guessed already :P)

I didn't know Static Age was loved this much.

The song is great I love the feel of it. It's defiantly gonna be a fun one live. I think the saxophone they do live should be on the album but still it's a great song.

But it's my second least favorite on the whole album but I still love it very much.

its a good song but its church on sunday i disquise. :ninja:

At first, I HATED It.

Now, Its one of my favorites

same haha

BUT I don't like the whole sax solo thing they've been doing at those live shows... :/

Nonononon jason nononnoo

I love this song. I like the bridge or whatever that is when he sings "hey hey its the static age".

All I want to know

Is a God-damned thing

All I want to do is

I want to breathe

Screaming hallelujah?

Screaming at you.

Yes, me too.

One of my favourites no doubt.

When I listen to the album falling asleep, this is always the only song that I wake up on. weird.

All I want to know

Is a God-damned thing

All I want to do is

I want to breathe

Screaming hallelujah?

Screaming at you.

The "screaming hallelujah" part is what makes me shiver...

At first I didn't like this song, but after a while it definitely grew on me. I love the bridge.

"I love old punk flyers. You’d see things like a crucifixion of Mickey Mouse: two things that aren’t supposed to go together. That’s kind of what the song is about. The music is almost Springsteenish."

I have to disagree, he's wrong. He has no idea!!

j/k :P

I love this song. When I got the record I could not get it out of my head and replayed it over and over again. It was the first one I learned all the words to. I kept replaying it cause I just had to get all the words down! It drove me crazy! Its also the one song I would go around work singing and it would keep me in such a good mood all night.

I love how BJ Says Fucking Lies in this song it send a shiver donw my spine :)

I love how BJ Says Fucking Lies in this song it send a shiver donw my spine :)

I think that was American Eulogy

Archived