21 Guns Music Video

Sanity Loan

They should have silhouettes of Christian and Gloria in the video or something like that.

But a big NO to set characters and a storyline like JOS and WMUWSE.

I just think it should be a bit abstract and all unique and shit. Yes I'm coherent.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWESOME!! I mean, brutal! :D

Oh, I like the Waiting vid! Should be cool :)

Thank god it's not Sam Bayer, the guy irritates me.

And I love the Waiting video, I'm sure this is gonna be good too :happy:

I really didn't like JOS or WMUWSE, so I hope it's not a concept video.

I have mixed feelings of the Waiting video...I love the bright colours, but for some reason the way that everyone freezes halfway through annoys me, and I want to punch that girl who does the stupid headbang after the silence. I hope Marc Webb has improved since then...

It would be awesome if Marc Khor worked with them again.

I've liked all of Marc Webb's work from what I've seen (yes, including Waiting) and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Before I've read the news, i thought "hopefully the producer is the same from waiting"..

I really didn't like JOS or WMUWSE, so I hope it's not a concept video.

I have mixed feelings of the Waiting video...I love the bright colours, but for some reason the way that everyone freezes halfway through annoys me, and I want to punch that girl who does the stupid headbang after the silence. I hope Marc Webb has improved since then...

It would be awesome if Marc Khor worked with them again.

I liked JOS a lot, that was one of my favorite videos done from AI

I can't wait!!!!

They should just use the Comcast live verson of this (available in the additional download links).

I have to say I do like 21 Guns but thought Before the Lobotomy would have been a fantastic choice for the next single.

Yeah...Before The Lobotomy is great!! :happy: I hope also for iViva la Gloria!, East Jesus Nowhere and Horseshoes and Handgrenades!!

so i can't read the article from my phone, or go through all the pages. Who's the director for the video?

so i can't read the article from my phone, or go through all the pages. Who's the director for the video?

Marc Webb

Yeah I forget who did Nice Guys Finish Last, I just know he had a cameo in it... he was the guy in the touque and sunglasses who yelled "Where else would you rather be than RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW?!"

Evan Bernard?

I really want to see how the video will look like

I don't get why so many people hate the AI videos... American Idiot was a fantastic video! The imagery with the green and white flag, the colors running, filming the guys at different speed, and more slime than we saw on the entire series of You Can't Do That On Television! Eat your heart out Alanis!

And Holiday is my fave Green Day video to date! Those skanky dancers were quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. The part where Billie's "running" next to the car and then just stops while the background keeps moving was great for a lul. And come on, all the different characters they played in that vid, can you imagine how difficult it must have been to block* that scene? I love how Tre is always the woman. LOL

* Block: the blocking of a scene, whether for the stage or screen, refers to the planned setting and movements of the involved characters. For example, the director will instruct actor 1 to stand at the bar and actor 2 to stand near the east wall, then actor 1 will look over at actor 2, actor 2 will notice, and then make his way over to actor 1 and commence dialogue.

In the scene involving various characters played by the members of Green Day, the scene had to be blocked so that when the characters by the same member were filmed, they would never cross the path of another character that would be filmed at a different stage. Not only that, Billie Joe played both a character who threw a punch AND the character who got hit by the punch. Therefore, the blocking in a scene like this has to be meticulous.

I don't get why so many people hate the AI videos... American Idiot was a fantastic video! The imagery with the green and white flag, the colors running, filming the guys at different speed, and more slime than we saw on the entire series of You Can't Do That On Television! Eat your heart out Alanis!

And Holiday is my fave Green Day video to date! Those skanky dancers were quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. The part where Billie's "running" next to the car and then just stops while the background keeps moving was great for a lul. And come on, all the different characters they played in that vid, can you imagine how difficult it must have been to block* that scene? I love how Tre is always the woman. LOL

* Block: the blocking of a scene, whether for the stage or screen, refers to the planned setting and movements of the involved characters. For example, the director will instruct actor 1 to stand at the bar and actor 2 to stand near the east wall, then actor 1 will look over at actor 2, actor 2 will notice, and then make his way over to actor 2 and commence dialogue.

In the scene involving various characters played by the members of Green Day, the scene had to be blocked so that when the characters by the same member were filmed, they would never cross the path of another character that would be filmed at a different stage. Not only that, Billie Joe played both a character who threw a punch AND the character who got hit by the punch. Therefore, the blocking in a scene like this has to be meticulous.

i concur. the worst green day video ive seen was redundant. next to macys day parade.

^ :o but i love Redundant! and Macy's Day Parade is so cute!

but yea i always though the holiday video was done well, although i havent seen it in a long time.

all i have to say is that 21Guns better not be anything like Wake me Up when September Ends...it'll deliver the wrong message AGAIN

and then i'll have to go around explaining the whole plot surrounding Christian & Gloria left and right and that's just a mess.

i concur. the worst green day video ive seen was redundant. next to macys day parade.

Redundant... another video with exceedingly meticulous blocking.

Oh God, speaking of Nimrod videos... Hitchin' A Ride was fantastic. I've always thought it was very well done.

I think the best Green Day video so far though is American Idiot. Just a very unique and energetic video..

I want another video like jesus of suburbia exept 21CB version.

Oh God, speaking of Nimrod videos... Hitchin' A Ride was fantastic. I've always thought it was very well done.

I think the best Green Day video so far though is American Idiot. Just a very unique and energetic video..

I really liked the Nice Guys Finish Last video since we on the subject of Nimrod videos

As long as there are no freaking Transformer robots in it and isn't as boring as Know Your Enemy it's fine.

I liked the Wake Me Up When September Ends video. But i highly doubt this will be part two.

I was dreading the whole Transformers thing!

Thats just not Green days Style I hope

I was dreading the whole Transformers thing!

Thats just not Green days Style I hope

Yeah exactly I dont want to see no robots at all in the video for 21 guns

Yeah exactly I dont want to see no robots at all in the video for 21 guns

that would be a sad day in green day history.

Archived