21 Guns Music Video

Sanity Loan

because he's also done about 10 other videos for them

Yeah and I always found the videos he has directed to be pretty good IMO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn... if they had to pick any past director to work with why Marc Webb?

MARK KOHR FTW!!!!

Let's hope it's better than Waiting...

I read somewhere that the music video will be continuation of the WMUWSE, or something like that.

Is that correct ?

Oh god, I hope not! Enough of the cheesy mini after school videos.

wikipedia lied to me. they said sam beyer or however you spell his name is directing it.

I hope they are lying. I think the Green Day world has seen enough of his tan, I mean his work.

I love the video for Waiting! :happy:

Well so long as its better then know your enemy I dont care if paris hilton diects it!

Guest Shangri-La
because he's also done about 10 other videos for them

edit

dammit i'm thinking of mark khor.

but i do recall marc webb directing a few of there older videos, too. i believe khor and webb did most of their stuff before american idiot

False..

Mark Kohr did Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around, Geek Stink Breath, Stuck With Me, Hitchin' A Ride, Good Riddance and Redundant.

Roman Coppola (who i wish they'd work with again) did Walking Contradiction.

i don't know the guys name who did Minority and Nice Guys.. but it's the same guy and it wasn't marc webb. he only did Waiting.

Kevin Cerslake, or whatever his name is, did Brain Stew/Jaded and Francis Lawrence did Warning. and then all the sam bayer videos..

so i'm not sure what you're talking about. he's only directed one of their videos unless there's something i don't know.

This song deserves an EPIC video.

and by epic I don't mean being filmed in a war zone.

I do agree that the video for "Wating" was really lame, I tried watching that and couldn't finish it.

But we could put some fath in the man, if this video sucks then I'll make my own version.

What videos for them did he do?

He did...

My Chemical Romance: I'm Not Okay, Helena, Ghost of You, Teenagers, and I Don't Love You

Evanescence: Call Me When Your Sober and Good Enough

AFI: Miss Murder, The Days of the Phoenix, Leaving Song Pt II and Love Like Winter

I doubt it will be a continuation of WMUWSE ... so far the only place that says that is Wikipedia. I can't see them doing that four years later, it wouldn't make sense.

I wouldn't rule out a reference to war though, given the artwork.

Also given the fact that the entire song is about war. I'd put any amount of money on the fact that the video will be entirely about war, and in that sense, it will be a continuation of WMUWSE.

I actually really disliked the WMUWSE video. I found the video to be cheesy, and over done.

I love the Waiting video. I'm excited. I wish I could go back down to LA and stalk them tomorrow...

I'm from Kansas and I'm actually in LA right now cause i'm on vacation. I really wish there was something i could do to see them... at least once haha. :/

Waiting eh? Green Day are at a very unrealistic house party where everyone else is 10 years younger than them for some reason :lol:. I hope it's an improvement on that extremely dull video.

Still, at least it isn't Sam Bayer.

Woohoo! I hope it's a good video! (better than KYE) :D

I think we all do Lol :D

They should just use the Comcast live verson of this (available in the additional download links).

I have to say I do like 21 Guns but thought Before the Lobotomy would have been a fantastic choice for the next single. But after hearing the live version of 21 Guns at the Fox Theatre I was absolutely blown away, it is totally amazing and beautifully filmed. Georgous. I can't see the video improving on it.

Mark Kohr did Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around, Geek Stink Breath, Stuck With Me, Hitchin' A Ride, Good Riddance and Redundant.

Roman Coppola (who i wish they'd work with again) did Walking Contradiction.

i don't know the guys name who did Minority and Nice Guys.. but it's the same guy and it wasn't marc webb. he only did Waiting.

Kevin Cerslake, or whatever his name is, did Brain Stew/Jaded and Francis Lawrence did Warning. and then all the sam bayer videos..

Yeah I forget who did Nice Guys Finish Last, I just know he had a cameo in it... he was the guy in the touque and sunglasses who yelled "Where else would you rather be than RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW?!"

He did...

My Chemical Romance: I'm Not Okay, Helena, Ghost of You, Teenagers, and I Don't Love You

Evanescence: Call Me When Your Sober and Good Enough

AFI: Miss Murder, The Days of the Phoenix, Leaving Song Pt II and Love Like Winter

Exactly

He's pretty good imo. Just look at Helena for example. That's a beautiful video.

I'm glad they took him for the job

Exactly

He's pretty good imo. Just look at Helena for example. That's a beautiful video.

I'm glad they took him for the job

That's kinda funny, because I was thinking the 21 Guns vid should have a funeral, since it references the 21 gun salute to fallen soldiers. And my next thought was, without it looking like the Helena video. Haha and now it's the same director.

You really scared me with this WMUWSE sequel... But I highly doubt it. This video has to be as beautiful as the song!

That's kinda funny, because I was thinking the 21 Guns vid should have a funeral, since it references the 21 gun salute to fallen soldiers. And my next thought was, without it looking like the Helena video. Haha and now it's the same director.

lol

I haven't thought about it but it's possible indeed.

If I just were in LA and could sneak in :eyebrows:

Archived