Lights Out, Hearts Collide, and the American Idiot B-Sides

Insomniac186

What the fuck is up with all the Billie and Tre gay thing now :lol: No, just no! :lol:

Billie has corrupted Mike and Tre with his bi-sexual-ness!

Corrupted? What would be so wrong if Mike and Tre were bisexual? And you can't be 'corrupted.' The attraction already has to be there for anything to happen.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been saying this for five years, thank you for being the only person to agree with me so far.

Green Day have personally said it was dull-ish uninspired songs with a Warning type sound though (not new wave fabulousness :lol:). I tend to believe them.

Green Day have personally said it was dull-ish uninspired songs with a Warning type sound though (not new wave fabulousness :lol:). I tend to believe them.

Green Day have also said the aren't The Network, and we all know how that turned out. I knew that was baloney from the start.

I think songs like Shoplifter and Hearts Collide both sound Warning-ish. Plus the fact that Hearts Collide has the word "valentine" in it, but perhaps it's just a coincidence. We'll never know the answers unless the band says something someday. Perhaps they just figure that they'll never re-do these songs and in the band's opinion they are dull and uninspired but aren't bad enough to not make worthy b-sides. Plus, just simply by listening to the tracks none of them have the big-budget polish to their sound. If they weren't recorded for C&V, they could simply be random songs recorded just for the hell of it. They have enough money to do so after all. Besides, they have been working on the follow-up to AI since 2006, so don't tell me they didn't record anything at all until the official recording sessions for 21CBD.

I'll just let the facts speak for themselves; they don't share the same production and/or mixing credits, therefore they can't be from the AI and 21CBD album sessions. Rob Cavallo is not credited for the AI b-sides (with the exception of Favorite Son), and Butch Vig isn't credited for the 21CBD b-sides or even the iTunes cover songs. Green Day has even stated before that when they recorded AI they only recorded the songs that are on the album. The US AI tour program also shows them in the studio recording AI with the tracks listed on a whiteboard (which is what they do a a studio to show which songs need what during the recording process) and none of the b-sides are on it (On an interesting side note, according to that whiteboard AI was apparently supposed to have an intro and Are We The Waiting and St. Jimmy were supposed to be the same song w/ two acts).

my theory is the C&V being stolen idea was made up to pacify the record label. Perhaps they were reaching their deadline and were unsatisfied, so they said the tape were lost so the record company could not blame them .

however you may be right that these were the songs to be on C&V

I was wondering if even 21st Century Breakdown could possibly be C&V, just with things tweaked. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. :sherlock:

It's quite obvious there never was a "Cigarettes & Alcohole" record because in these times of information and internet it would have spread like fire. I mean they couldnt even keep 21st century breakdown demo from leaking. I dont care what anyone say's I dont buy it until I see some real proof. Anyways, great investigation...but still I dont really care.

It's quite obvious there never was a "Cigarettes & Alcohole" record because in these times of information and internet it would have spread like fire.

I want to hear this Cigarettes and "Alcohole" record you speak of.

i may be crazy. i think the demos for this were written before american idiot, but they felt that the whole story think was going to drop down as a horrible review more than the shenanigans compilation album did, so they tried out am. idiot, and saw that success, so they showed light on this, re-recorded with more practice [the little but powerful differences to the demo and actual 21st century breakdown song], and voila, there we have it. and if they woulda said they just put those songs to the side, tons of people would have been upset saying they wouldnt care if it was billie joe's recording of him masturbation, they would get it, and the pressure from that would fuck them allover with the fear of the album not doing so well. plus the fact that AI was more specific with details gave the audience a first understanding and view on how the album is suppose to be seen, with an easy applicable music video.. or 5. but like now since we all understand how this is suppose to be seen, we dont really NEED the videos, we just want them.

..or maybe there are NONE AT ALL X]

hahah oh my gosh these last 2 pages....only on GDC can you hear people say this :lol:

Hearts Collide Sounds More Like An American Idiot Outtake.

I think that Green Day thought someone stole the album when later after they recorded american idiot, Tre was looking though the couch cushions for candy and there it was!

Today I was thinking about some things... one of them being the deadly debated C&V lost album by Green Day. I know it has been talked to death, but i think that this insight is preety much valid. Whe all know about the fondness of Green Day for side projects that have little/nothing to do with the "main" sound of the band. I think that if a Network album was released under the Green Day name, people would lost it, at least in the mainstream audience. A Punk/Pop rock band doing new wave silly songs about hungry models? No way!

They need to have some kind of escape of their active musical carreers, so they create this side bands to compensate what i've said before. Releasing underground albums for exclusive fans, for die-hard fans.

What does this all have to do with C&V? Well, a lot of rumors suggest that the album wasn't "Green Day at its Best", or that it was some kind of "Blessing in disguise". So, they decide to release the album in little portions, like in b-sides and side projects. I Really can't believe that Money Money 2020 was C&V, but at least one song from it, the only serious song on the album, Roshambo.

This song actually mentions "Valentine" and has that pseudo new wave romantic feel to it. So has Mother Mary from FBHT album, and Hearts Collide from Know your enemy b-side.

Sure, it can all be a coincidence, maybe i'm a little insane, but my guess is that they thought the album was really not that good, and decided to release t bit by bit...

What do you think?

please no more that same old c&v stuff =(

Have you at least gave a read to the text? --.

We already have a thread like this, I'm going to merge them in a sec :)

Have you at least gave a read to the text? --.

you got the point there really, but it's fucking huge mystery and we fans can think about it to the end of the world =D i doubt that those guys are goin' to tell the truth about cigarettes & valentines. you've been pretty detective with this case ! :lol:

What IS it with people and 'Cigarettes and Valentines'?!

They just can't accept that it hasn't and probably will never release. :sleep:

We already have a thread like this, I'm going to merge them in a sec :)

Sorry, i couldn't find the old one :P

Thanks for the "merge"

:D

the talk about this album does intrigue me.

it would be kinda funny though if after all this time green day were telling the truth and it really was stolen.

although i doubt it. if it were stolen in 2003, i am certain it would have been released by now.

although i doubt it. if it were stolen in 2003, i am certain it would have been released by now.

Maybe the person who stole it wanted to be the only person to ever hear it so they could feel special. If it was me, that's what I'd do. *shifty eyes* xD

thats actually a pretty good point! thats never crossed my mind before but Cigarettes and valentines was stolen from the studio also I fought the law was a cover that The Clash or some other band wrote Green Day just covered it. But that does make sence other than those to points i just made. But i give you credit that would have never crossed my mind!

We've got a little book of conspiracies right in our hands, don't we?

We've got a little book of conspiracies right in our hands, don't we?

Plus two trillion points for the rad reference. xD

Green Day have also said the aren't The Network, and we all know how that turned out. I knew that was baloney from the start.

They said it clearly as a joke. By making it so obvious they let us in on the joke from the word go - no one was ever supposed to believe it.

We'll never know the answers unless the band says something someday.

They have said something.........they said it sounded like Warning and was dull and uninspired! :lol:

Only in this case they weren't obviously joking like with The Network, they were serious. Lying about The Network was funny. Lying about the album being boring and sounding like Warning is not funny or entertaining in any way, so why would they? There's no reason not to believe them :P

Archived