Lights Out, Hearts Collide, and the American Idiot B-Sides

Insomniac186

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billie has said that only a couple of songs from C&V were any good. "Hearts Collide" seems to be a likely candidate.

Seems a bit like an "apology to wife" song.

Seems a bit like an "apology to wife" song.

Yeah, a "Sorry I keep kissing Tré, I just can't help it" song.

Yeah, a "Sorry I keep kissing Tré, I just can't help it" song.

Adie should try to fucking understand. Tré's irresistible. You cannot help BUT kiss him. And screw him. Repeatedly. For years upon years. Until one of you dies.

Maybe Lights Out is a song about life without Tré's lovin'.

Maybe C&V was an album filled with Tré love songs, and Adie found out about it, so she destroyed the tapes. That seems highly likely.

Adie should try to fucking understand. Tré's irresistible. You cannot help BUT kiss him. And screw him. Repeatedly. For years upon years. Until one of you dies.

Maybe C&V was an album filled with Tré love songs, and Adie found out about it, so she destroyed the tapes. That seems highly likely.

Hahahahaha <3

Your theory is flawless; I approve. Except the part about screwing Tré until one of us dies. I'd keep screwing.

Your theory is flawless; I approve. Except the part about screwing Tré until one of us dies. I'd keep screwing.

I had that originally: "And if its Tré, then keep right on screwing"

I thought it would be a bit much though.

Adie is ruthless in her jealousy of Tré. Its been obvious for years.

I mean, she always visits them on tour to keep a watchful eye on Billie Joe and Tré. The man is bisexual, lustful, lonely, horny, and in the presence of Tré-fucking-Cool.

A man has needs, Adie. Christ!

I mean, she always visits them on tour to keep a watchful eye on Billie Joe and Tré. The man is bisexual, lustful, lonely, horny, and in the presence of Tré-fucking-Cool.

:lol: Hahahahaha I love this.

Shit it's true :ermm:

Dude, the grossness of necrophilia doesn't even apply when we're talking about Tré. I can understand Billie's struggle to not fuck Tré; I mean, he's Tré. But if I were a straight/bi man, I'd totally do Adie, too. Poor confused Billie. Stuck between two hot pieces of ass.

Dude, the grossness of necrophilia doesn't even apply when we're talking about Tré. I can understand Billie's struggle to not fuck Tré; I mean, he's Tré. But if I were a straight/bi man, I'd totally do Adie, too. Poor confused Billie. Stuck between two hot pieces of ass.

Stuck between two hot pieces of ass? I thought Billie Joe wasn't just fucking Tré? (ba dum chh)

Nah.

Green Day have said that the C&V songs were in the direction of Warning. They were stuck in a musical rut at the time, making uninspired, boring tracks that hadn't moved on from the Warning sound. So they got rid of them and went in a totally new, ambitious direction with American Idiot (and Money Money 2020 was a product of that along the way).

These new tracks do have that ambitious, interesting AI/21st CB sound - so therefore they are the exact opposite of C&V according to the band themselves! Saying it sounds like American Idiot disproves your own idea, American Idiot was deliberately totally different to C&V.

Stuck between two hot pieces of ass? I thought Billie Joe wasn't just fucking Tré? (ba dum chh)

Fuck, you blindsided me with that one. And I love you for it. :wub:

Fuck, you blindsided me with that one. And I love you for it. :wub:

Its what I do.

And to add more fuel to this rumor fire, I submit this:

gd094xn-2-1.jpg

I wouldnt have thought so mainly because Too much Too soon and shoplifter fit in with American Idiots storyline and Lights Out and Hearts Collides have references about Gloria and Chrstian in them and Governator is just about Arnie and that would probably never be a album track also I fought the law was a cover so thats just what i think

I totally got a boner of that, such love cannot be held down

Nor should it be.

I'm just so happy they could finally admit it.

My mom's been changing Green Day lyrics all day to things Billie/Tré related. Example: Instead of "I love feeling dirty" in "Dominated Love Slave", it's now "I love kissing Billie".

My mom's been changing Green Day lyrics all day to things Billie/Tré related. Example: Instead of "I love feeling dirty" in "Dominated Love Slave", it's now "I love kissing Billie".

"So Biiiilll-ie drive it deep."

"So Biiiilll-ie drive it deep."

C'mon, we all know Billie's the bitch and Tré's the butch.

C'mon, we all know Billie's the bitch and Tré's the butch.

No. Tre likes the pain. Billie Joe may be on top, but its only because Tre's so aggressive on the bottom.

Actually, billie joe's aggressive on THE bottom, but that's another matter entirely.

I hope at the show they perform Hearts Collide and kiss at the end. It could be the finale. It would be beautiful.

What the fuck is up with all the Billie and Tre gay thing now :lol: No, just no! :lol:

Billie has corrupted Mike and Tre with his bi-sexual-ness!

So to sum it up, Money money 2020 is the "stolen" album they speak of (or joke about at our expense :thumbsup: )

I've been saying this for five years, thank you for being the only person to agree with me so far.

I've been saying this for five years, thank you for being the only person to agree with me so far.

disagree.

Archived