I just received/dowloaded/bought my copy of 21st CB

Marie_GD

THE ALBUM IS PURE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the special edition one! Can't wait to get it signed if I meet Green Day after the United Center show. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit, I'd trade my right liver for the special edition one, seems like a fair deal, ok, special edition and 3 tees

Dammit, I'd trade my right liver for the special edition one, seems like a fair deal, ok, special edition and 3 tees

:lol:

definitely a fair trade.

I wish I wasn't in Pittsburgh, without a car. :/ I could've gone to that NYC meet and greet.

FAVOURITES

- American Eulogy

- Last Night On Earth

- Peacemaker

- Viva La Gloria (Little Girl)

- Restless Heart Syndrome

- 21 Guns

- See The Light

& also the 21st Century Breakdown DEMO, and Hearts Collide.

I love the entire album, but I find myself listening to those songs most often.

I think that's the thing you put on your hand and you wear it on concert. I think so... :P

i think it's called a "cooler bag". i dont know how to call it in english LOL

the vynils one?

because the book version IS NOT WORTH SHIT

if you read this, get the normal version, forget about the "book"

I expected the album to be something like this so i'm not dissapointed, instead i feel sad about the band that was always with me for more than 10 years. In my opinion they lost their essence, they are so different in every aspect, and the album hasnt got anything of the things i liked about them, its souless, plastic. I sadly have seen how my favourite band has become a product.

Wow, souless?

Sorry, I just do not get this from this album at all. It is full of passion.

WB certainly went cheap on the book for the deluxe edition this time around. This thing is shit quality compared to the American Idiot special edition. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be thrilled with the triple vinyl + cd edition when that arrives next month.

Damn I wish Horseshoes and Handgrenades would be a single!

June :o

How are you going to survive?

I've got it in my iPod,that's for sure....If I didn't I wouldn't survive actually:)

But I want the CD....you know what I mean?

I've got the digital download cause I ordered the special edition. And I can't stop listening it !

The first time I listened it was before the release and I couldn't say if I like it or not. But I changed my mind on may 12th when I was at "Le Trabendo" for private show. They played most of the new songs and I fell totally in love with them.

Sorry if I make mistakes, I'm french :-)

I bought it the day it came out. Been listening to it ever since.

I got it as soon as i woke up on Friday morning :happy:

I can't stop listening to it.. it's been too long!

My favourite so far is Restless Heart Syndrome! I just love when it kicks into the guitar solo!

But the album as a whole is definately .. what's the right word? .. EPIC (:

i bought it on the 15th, right after school

only listened to it today, massive ear phones on bed listened all the way through whist reading the lyrics

not to sure what i think of it yet :|

I listened to the download from itunes on my ipod for the first time last night. The quality is amazing, so crystal clear and so frickin loud. Simply beautiful.

I bought mine yesterday... I went with my friends to town and I totally was getting on their nerves... I fucking love this album... Peacemaker is catchy

i bought it on the 15th, right after school

only listened to it today, massive ear phones on bed listened all the way through whist reading the lyrics

not to sure what i think of it yet :|

lol your avatar is awesome :lol:

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon and I put it on as soon as it came through the letterbox. I've already picked out a few favourite songs but I think the whole thing is great! :D

I pre-ordered the whole album for the extra tracks and then bought it later that say so i had the physical album.

It was my last day of school on Friday so I didn't get home til nearly midnight. But my mum bought me the album whilst I was at school and I listened to it soon as I got back. Constantly. All night long. But yeah, I just got the normal album, not the one with the booklet or owt.

It is hard when you don't have anyone to talk to about something you are passionate about. I am glad you found someone that loves them though! Hopefully you guys can have a ton of discussions about the new album, and all their stuff. :)

Yeah I know, I went for years not having anyone, and my friend who really loved them a few years ago hates them now, and she didn't really know much about them as she put on. I just love talking to people about them because I am passionate about my music and Green Day. Thank you, I am so glad that there is someone out there to talk to and knows as much as I do which is great. Aw, thanks. I hope so too, I know we cannot shut up about it already to our friends that they are getting sick over it. :lol:

the vynils one?

because the book version IS NOT WORTH SHIT

if you read this, get the normal version, forget about the "book"

may I ask why?

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon and I put it on as soon as it came through the letterbox. I've already picked out a few favourite songs but I think the whole thing is great! :D

Well, I have to admit, I had started to get worried about this one. I received it on Tuesday, 3 days early, from my Warner pre-order. For one reason or another, I wasn't able to listen till Friday. I was afraid that all the build-up and reading so many superlatives about it would make it seem kind of anticlimactic and disappointing when I finally heard it. But, I put it on the sound system in the family room when I was alone on Friday afternoon and sat down to listen to it.

I was pleased with the song 21st Century Breakdown (I did hear the demo previously) - I love that they've extended the "Celtic punk" sound through to the end of the song. It's just great. I'd heard Know Your Enemy before, so I was still waiting for a completely new song. When ¡Viva la Gloria! started, I just felt a huge wave of wonderfulness wash over me. I think someone said in another thread that when they heard the opening of that song, they knew this was going to be good (paraphrased). I think that's when I knew, too.

After listening to the whole album again and again, I absolutely love it. There's so much to say about it that I'll restrain myself here. But I continue to be delighted with the way Peacemaker follows East Jesus Nowhere - two such amazing songs right there next to each other! And I love - really love almost every song on this disc. Each time a new one starts, I grin with delight. I haven't even started to pick songs to listen to yet. I'm still listening from start to finish in order.

And here I go again, ... "sing us a song of the century" ...

J'net's happy :).

my mom wouldnt take me anywhere to buy it...so im still waiting.

my dad (who lives in PA) went and got me the Speical Edition, t-shirt and KYE single to make up for it....it should arrive in the mail by next friday!

Archived