I just received/dowloaded/bought my copy of 21st CB

Marie_GD

Any piece of music that is meant to be cohesive, like this one...a rock opera, will have repeating themes, to hold the ideas together.

I am glad you like it though.

And yes they have come a long way. A band that changes and grows and goes in different directions is a talented band indeed.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This cd is awesome. Some songs remind me of Letter bomb, and castaway, warning..ect. it's all soo good. even if it sounds kinda weak at first, they always change it up. I love it.

and technically we didn't wait five years. They toured for AI for like 2 years? so we've been waiting since 2007.

I bought the special edition version with the actual artwork and lyrics book. It's quite good, although probably not worth my extra £10. Love the album!!! It's nice to have it at a good quality now ;)

I hardly ever say this but there is not a bad song on this CD. Every single one is fantastic.

I thought the SAME thing. I was sitting there listening to the entire album from star to finish for the third time and a song came on and I went "eh. I don't want to listen to this one." but right before I hit the "next" button, the song got going in a completely different direction and caught my attention again.

The songs are set up so.....ah. I can't even explain it.

I almost imagine it to be like playing a game of pac man. You're going in a sure direction and all of a sudden BAM you turn around and go to the other side of the maze.

maybe? I have no idea. hah. It's truly inexplicable.

I got my cd May 14th! YEAH that's right a day before :D I am pretty special. Haha jk but I did pre-order from Green day.com and I am incredibley pleased and have been bragging about how great the album is to all of my friends! I perosnally Love the song 21st century breakdown a lot. It's my favorite at the moment.

and technically we didn't wait five years. They toured for AI for like 2 years? so we've been waiting since 2007.

2006. :) But still, yeah, no one started waiting for this album several months before AI came out. :P

I thought the SAME thing. I was sitting there listening to the entire album from star to finish for the third time and a song came on and I went "eh. I don't want to listen to this one." but right before I hit the "next" button, the song got going in a completely different direction and caught my attention again.

I almost imagine it to be like playing a game of pac man. You're going in a sure direction and all of a sudden BAM you turn around and go to the other side of the maze.

Haha that's a great way of putting it! When I got up this morning I thought I'd just have a quick listen to the best songs, but as I was going through I realised that applies to every single one of them. I'm in love :wub:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'll finally get my CD today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

My computer was fucked up yesterday so I couldn't come on here and talk about the fucking amazing record I'm now holding in my hands.

I love it. At first I was like, this sounds so different than what I expected, then I was like, but still really good. After the second listen though, I fell in love. Just when I thought a song was going to be all slow and boring it sped up and went in totally the opposite direction. My favorites are the title track, American Eulogy, Christian's Inferno, East Jesus Nowhere, Murder City, Horseshoes and Handgrenades. I love how at the end of Restless Heart Syndrome it explodes into fucking holy shit awesomeness.

My rating: 5 stars

Picked up the Best Buy version last night. Love the artwork. :wub:

My HMV has totallly sold out xD they had 40 plus copies and they all sold today and yesterday, (big, big deal apparently in a town like this) the manager had to drive out of town to get more from another store

bought it from the fnac today, importing it into itunes now. :D (beautiful thing, walking into an electronics shop and the first you see is this huge stand filled only with 21CB *.*)

sure feels weird buying a new Green Day CD (:

i pre-ordered mine... the booklet one. woke up friday morning to my housemate handing me the package (wake up to green day...doesnt get better than that) and i jus sat there and listened to the whole thing through.

i wasnt too sure about it at first though, only like 2 or 3 songs stood out to me but i've kept listening to it and now i'm loving it. (Peacemaker and East Jesus Nowhere my current favorites)

some of the songs remind me of their old old stuff, which is great coz american idiot album was very different to the types of songs they used to write in their first few albums. but they've never had a shitty album...they're officially musical geniuses, how can anyone not love them! :D

all hail the mighty green day!

I bought mine yesterday as soon as I got out of school.

Its just the normal cd, and I'm glad I went into the shop to buy it for myself :)

this really IS a great record, altogheter its perfect, every song its so kickass.......... :lol:

Someone's probably alread mentioned this but has anyone noticed similaritys between songs on this album & other Green Day songs ?

Christian's Inferno sounds so much like The Network.

Mass Hysteria / Deadbeat Holiday

Static Age / Church on Sunday

That is a great way of putting it. :)

Every time I listen to it, it still puts me in the same place it put me when I first listened to it.

I guess it is like a drive on a massively curvy road? You could say that too, cause you got fast , then slow down and slide around the curve, then go slow...hmmm...maybe not, but that is all I can come up with.

Your description is better.

When I hear this stuff live I am going to go bat shit. August 11th will be my first Green Day concert!

Christian's Inferno sounds so much like The Network.

Yesss. That's what I love about it so much.

That is a great way of putting it. :)

Every time I listen to it, it still puts me in the same place it put me when I first listened to it.

I guess it is like a drive on a massively curvy road? You could say that too, cause you got fast , then slow down and slide around the curve, then go slow...hmmm...maybe not, but that is all I can come up with.

Your description is better.

When I hear this stuff live I am going to go bat shit. August 11th will be my first Green Day concert!

Haha. I know what you're saying. It's so hard to explain, which is possibly the most amazing part of this album. I can honestly say, I've never listened to an entire album so many times and want to listen again; feel almost...a need for it when I'm not listening. It'll probably wear off within the next few days but this is almost like a drug to me; I'm crazy.

Aww! I see them july 22nd. It'll be my second time.

It's so exciting.

Yesss. That's what I love about it so much.

Haha. I know what you're saying. It's so hard to explain, which is possibly the most amazing part of this album. I can honestly say, I've never listened to an entire album so many times and want to listen again; feel almost...a need for it when I'm not listening. It'll probably wear off within the next few days but this is almost like a drug to me; I'm crazy.

Aww! I see them july 22nd. It'll be my second time.

It's so exciting.

I know. I miss it when I am not listening.

I thought that would wear off with America Idiot. I listened to it, at least part of it, every day for two years. Pretty much something else Green Day every day too. I went through one period where it was Warning and AI, then Insomniac, then Nimrod..etc.

This album reminds me of so many things. A lot of the music I listened to growing up, The Beatles, just..a lot of it. So I get nostalgic.

I think Billie's lyrics on this album of some of his very best as well.

I know. I miss it when I am not listening.

I thought that would wear off with America Idiot. I listened to it, at least part of it, every day for two years. Pretty much something else Green Day every day too. I went through one period where it was Warning and AI, then Insomniac, then Nimrod..etc.

This album reminds me of so many things. A lot of the music I listened to growing up, The Beatles, just..a lot of it. So I get nostalgic.

I think Billie's lyrics on this album of some of his very best as well.

I definitely agree. I can't go a day without listening to Green Day, or shooting off lyrics in my head, or even thinking about what's up with the band. It's obsessive. I don't know. I have yet to meet anyone with that same intense love for the band, other than on this forum. It's just one of those things you have to...get.

You and I both had hard times explaining exactly what it is the album makes us feel; if we, two loving Green Day fans, can't explain that....intense synchronizing we have with the band to each other then there is no way in hell we could explain it to anyone else.

I love it.

I'm enjoying the new album however i must say that Billie's song writing is a bit laughable

None of the stores where I live have the album yet. ARGH! Fucking bullshit.

I'm enjoying the new album however i must say that Billie's song writing is a bit laughable

How so? Just wondering what your perspective is on it?

I got it yesterday, but then went out to a friend's birthday party and didn't get home till late then my friend slept over so I haven't gotten past the fourth song because thats all I got to in the shower :P

So I'm gonna listen in full very soon while doing some work.

Archived