Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

Frank Turner

• Please log in to reply
1916 replies to this topic

Andrew

Andrew
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2013
  • 1,729 rep
I can't get over how good he was on Friday, it was one of my favourite gigs I've been to. He said on his twitter it was in his top 5 shows ever which is pretty cool. :happy:

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

Edinburgh was awesome. A very fresh setlist. He had back problems and some guitar issues so he seemed quite angry during the 1st half, but the crowd were great at supporting him and he really got happy and grateful to us and it showed. Awesome night.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

Amsterdam was also awesome! Better than Edinburgh, mainly just for the difference in the fans. At every UK show I've been to there have been one or more drunk assholes who ruin things for all around them, but A'dam was so much better! There was a lot of pushing and dancing but it was all light hearted and fun. Great setlist and the supports were fun too. All enjoyed with good friends in a city I love! Pics will surface soon hopefully.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

Many better people have better pictures of the gig which I'm sure can be found all over the internet but this is more personal and so for me it's better. I can't get the Polaroid Picture lyric out of my head with this "Let go of the little distractions, hold close to the ones that you love, cos we won't all be here this time next year so while you can take a picture of us."

1966931_10203345468304263_1642987484_n.j

Featuring Sanne (Daughter of Rage and Love), myself, Katarina, Gráinne (Comedy & Tragedy) and some friends :) (and the setlist I grabbed offstage when security man wasn't looking)

and a less sweaty one when we were still queuing.

1620969_10203259100976907_2091446999_n.j

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

Many better people have better pictures of the gig which I'm sure can be found all over the internet but this is more personal and so for me it's better. I can't get the Polaroid Picture lyric out of my head with this "Let go of the little distractions, hold close to the ones that you love, cos we won't all be here this time next year so while you can take a picture of us."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...

Featuring Sanne (Daughter of Rage and Love), myself, Katarina, Gráinne (Comedy & Tragedy) and some friends :) (and the setlist I grabbed offstage when security man wasn't looking)

and a less sweaty one when we were still queuing.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h...

Such beautiful photos! :happy: Wish I could have been there and met you all as well! Seems like it was a fantastic show!

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,685 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,068 rep

Such beautiful photos! :happy: Wish I could have been there and met you all as well! Seems like it was a fantastic show!

It was a fantastic show indeed! Frank and the others seemed happy as well, great atmosphere. Highlights for me were acoustic I am Disappeared and To Take You Home. Two of the many favourite FT songs I have! :happy:

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

It was a fantastic show indeed! Frank and the others seemed happy as well, great atmosphere. Highlights for me were acoustic I am Disappeared and To Take You Home. Two of the many favourite FT songs I have! :happy:

That really sounds fabulous! I'm so excited for the shows in Leipzig and Darmstadt and you're all getting me even more excited :P

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,685 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,068 rep

That really sounds fabulous! I'm so excited for the shows in Leipzig and Darmstadt and you're all getting me even more excited :P

I was gonna ask which shows you're going to! So yeah, have a super amazing time at those shows! :happy: I'm still excited to see what they're doing at the upcoming EU shows even though I won't be there myself.

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

I was gonna ask which shows you're going to! So yeah, have a super amazing time at those shows! :happy: I'm still excited to see what they're doing at the upcoming EU shows even though I won't be there myself.

Thanks a lot! :happy: Of course, totally understandable! Isn't it always like that? I love following a band's tour on the web, it's always exciting, even if I'm not part of those shows.

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

I'll see him in Stockholm this Wednesday and I can't wait, great to see that you guys here on GDC have had a great time on the concerts you've been to!

He had a shout out on twitter this afternoon asking for translations on Eulogy so I sent him a mail and offered my help with the Swedish one. He got back to me immediately but unfortunately for me he already had it covered ;)  Anyway, it's so classy of him doing things like this and there's not any other heroes of mine I can say that I've emailed with :lol:

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

I'll see him in Stockholm this Wednesday and I can't wait, great to see that you guys here on GDC have had a great time on the concerts you've been to!

He had a shout out on twitter this afternoon asking for translations on Eulogy so I sent him a mail and offered my help with the Swedish one. He got back to me immediately but unfortunately for me he already had it covered ;)  Anyway, it's so classy of him doing things like this and there's not any other heroes of mine I can say that I've emailed with :lol:

I do notice that his twitter bio was always his email address but now it's been changed to the FAQ section of his contact page. Seems to be trying to cut down on the number of emails, I don't blame him!

DecanoLP

DecanoLP
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 662 rep

Good times in Kiel yesterday :) That was probably my favourite FT show so far. The setlist wasn't as good as the ones in the UK, but the fantastic atmosphere made up for that.

And I loved that he played his brilliant Mr. Jones cover and St. Christopher Is Coming Home which I requested via mail on Wednesday. Amazing man (you can hear him mentioning the e-mail at the end of video haha)

Can't wait for Hamburg on Friday :)

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

Last night I saw him and it was fucking amazing and I loved the setlist. I was on the 2nd or 3rd row all the time (got moved as the crowd swayed obviously) and it was a club gig so I was barely 1.5 meters away from the stage. When he did a brief crowd walk during One Foot Before The Other I patted him on his leg and his guitar :lol: And I can't remember the last time I sweated as much as I did during that gig.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

Aw man the crowd walk is tough! I was one of them supporting one of his feet in Edinburgh and that was not easy! What did you think of the setlist? Any surprises?

SamMacs

SamMacs
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2011
  • 372 rep

Aw man the crowd walk is tough! I was one of them supporting one of his feet in Edinburgh and that was not easy! What did you think of the setlist? Any surprises?

I loved the setlist. I suppose it was pretty standard but some surprises would be the cover of Abba’s Dancing Queen which he said was spontaneous because there was a guy in the audience who shouted/requested it. He also sang Wherefore Art Thou Gene Simmons which I guess is pretty rare even though he did it when he was over here last summer. And he brought up a fan on the stage to play harmonica during Dan’s Song and she had apparently never played the harmonica before.

Advertising

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

Wow that is interesting. I never thought we'd hear Dancing Queen again and I thought the Dan's Song thing was over too. Nice to see him shake it up a bit.

DecanoLP

DecanoLP
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 662 rep

Hamburg's setlist yesterday wasn't that good tbh.

He played two requests and both of them were new songs. Song for Josh and Tattoos. Song for Josh is absolutely incredible though, such a sad song.

And he played Fields of June with Emily Barker in German instead of Ballad :(

His UK sets were pretty good, but oh well... By the way, am I the only one here who absolutely hates One Foot Before The Other? :lol:

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,149 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,098 rep

He played two requests and both of them were new songs. Song for Josh and Tattoos. Song for Josh is absolutely incredible though, such a sad song.

And he played Fields of June with Emily Barker in German instead of Ballad :(

His UK sets were pretty good, but oh well... By the way, am I the only one here who absolutely hates One Foot Before The Other? :lol:

He played Fields of June in German? I hope there's a video of that somewhere!

The recorded version is a bit meh for me but I love the live version. I'll never refuse an opportunity to shout and mosh!

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• 13,321 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,372 rep

Seeing him tonight with Mary and Luisa. So excited! 

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• 13,321 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,372 rep

What a great night it was! Hung out with Frank and Ducking Punches after the show. And I finally got him to sign my Wembley flag!

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

I honestly am blown away by how amazing this show was! :happy: Completely stunned! I might post some photos soon! 

What a great night it was! Hung out with Frank and Ducking Punches after the show. And I finally got him to sign my Wembley flag!

Was so great to spend the evening / night with you!

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

Excuse the double post, but I felt like sharing these with you guys :)

Ducking Punches! Dan was such a nice and also talented guy. We talked to him after the show and he tried to get all our names correctly. It worked for the others but not for mine :lol: In the end he managed to present all four correctly to Frank, though! Anja has a photo of us with him!

DuckingPunches1_zpsc2ab735c.jpg

Andrew Jackson Jihad! I really enjoyed when Frank joined in on the drums. He seemed to have lots of fun.

AndrewJacksonJihad_zps82bab886.jpg

Then here we go..

ft1_zpsa4ac4b9d.jpg

ft4_zpsf6293868.jpg

ft7_zpsd588a137.jpg

ft9_zps2a7ea1b6.jpg

ft11_zps907250b5.jpg

ft12_zps6efa63e1.jpg

ft13_zpsa26824ad.jpg

ft15_zpsf734a2db.jpg

Such a fantastic show, seriously!

Frank asked me which song I want him to play at the Darmstadt show when I told him I'd see him there. I immediately replied "Father's Day", the first song that came to my mind which I'd love to hear live. He then told me to write him a mail as a reminder :lol: Well yeah, we will see! :happy: He's really nice!

More (embarassing) photos:

Spoiler

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

Another double post.. I'm sorry. But Darmstadt was absolutely fantastic! He actually really played "Father's Day" and apologized with "I'm really bad at remembering names.." - well, that's fine. :happy: Also on the setlist: Tattoos and Love, Ire & Song. :wub: Other than that the usual setlist. I have another bunch of photos but I might just post them in my own thread!

Katarina.

Katarina.
  • Wanderlust

• 25,685 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2007
  • 3,068 rep

Another double post.. I'm sorry. But Darmstadt was absolutely fantastic! He actually really played "Father's Day" and apologized with "I'm really bad at remembering names.." - well, that's fine. :happy: Also on the setlist: Tattoos and Love, Ire & Song. :wub: Other than that the usual setlist. I have another bunch of photos but I might just post them in my own thread!

Sounds great! Father's Day and Love, Ire & Song - AWESOME

Dammit I so wish I could go to more shows, Uni getting in the way again

WestboundSign!

WestboundSign!
  • Wanderlust

• 6,012 posts
  • Joined Apr 20, 2011
  • 3,384 rep

Sounds great! Father's Day and Love, Ire & Song - AWESOME

Dammit I so wish I could go to more shows, Uni getting in the way again

Yeah, it was awesome, indeed!

I do absolutely know what you mean.. school's always getting in my way as well.

Comedy & Tragedy

Comedy & Tragedy
  • FISTS FOR NIPPLES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,613 posts
  • Joined Apr 13, 2009
  • 804 rep

School's getting in my way as well :( I got really lucky that I was off school for a week to go to Amsterdam, but of course he had to to a UK tour during my exams :pinch: Of course, now that I'm 18 there's no sign of an Irish date :lol:

Still, Amsterdam was incredible. :wub: I'd seen him before three times, but never doing a full set. They were all either festivals or a show he was opening up for. This was the first time I had a ticket saying "Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls". And being with my friends just made it even more amazing.

Speaking of which, I forgot to post these earlier

Spoiler

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,126 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,541 rep
Watch Frank Turner perform “The Way I Tend To Be” on ‘Ellen’

http://www.altpress...._to_be_on_ellen

0 user(s) are reading this topic