American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Tonight was crazycakes. I mean, they pretty much went all out for Theo. Inserting little things here in there including probably my favorite "Holiday" ever. When Theo got on top of the bus, everyone else yelled "King of Fuck."

When Theo came out during "Homecoming," he already was already tearing up. By the time "Whatsername" started, Gerard was losing it. Then Ben. Then Declan. Esper as well. Johnny's got a bit emotional during his monologue at the end.

And then there's the encore. The beautiful, gorgeous, hilarious encore. My video is having a hard time uploading but my friend posted this and she was next to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGoz3-dIkTQ

Billie, Johnny and Esper performed "Walking Out On Love" by The Exploding Hearts for Theo. Such a great send-off for such an entertaining performer. :wub:

Because it's just too good to not post. :runaround:

Holiday:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1641504/holiday.mp3

Thanks for posting! :woot:

That's so nice of them to perform that song after Good Riddance.. Aw, Theo.

And Holiday. Wow. Love it!

Wow That's amazing, It's so sad that the cast members are going away like that... =/

I think they should have some kind of commitment for being in a musical, for the time it is playing, or I don't know, more than just a year or two. Actors in the movies or tv series have that... Well, I guess it's just not the same thing but still, it's sad.

Thanks for all the video and audio of Theo's last show. Awww, love how they sent him out in style. :wub:

Wow That's amazing, It's so sad that the cast members are going away like that... =/

I think they should have some kind of commitment for being in a musical, for the time it is playing, or I don't know, more than just a year or two. Actors in the movies or tv series have that... Well, I guess it's just not the same thing but still, it's sad.

I believe they are under contract for a certain amount of time to begin with. But it's neither in their interest nor the producers to have them under contract for years. If the play is a huge money loser and closes early, presumably the play would still have to pay the actors. And, if something awesome comes along for the actors, it would be a shame if they were committed to two years of a play and had to pass on it. Remember, most of these guys have been with AI since September 2009 in Berkeley, so that's a considerable time commitment and a move across the country!

• Like 1

I believe they are under contract for a certain amount of time to begin with. But it's neither in their interest nor the producers to have them under contract for years. If the play is a huge money loser and closes early, presumably the play would still have to pay the actors. And, if something awesome comes along for the actors, it would be a shame if they were committed to two years of a play and had to pass on it. Remember, most of these guys have been with AI since September 2009 in Berkeley, so that's a considerable time commitment and a move across the country!

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense :) So I guess all the actors that are going away it's because it was offered more money for them to be in other shows, or doing other stuff?

It's still sad that I haven't seen the musical and all these great actors AND singers are going away :(

I know a few big names are leaving or have left, but the replacements wouldn't be there unless they were kick ass at the role themselves, so I'm not worried about it.

*le sigh* Tonight's "Good Riddance" doesn't look like it's going to be put up. As soon as my video is done PMS-ing, I'll post it. :lol:

Probably copyright issues. I didn't know that was an Exploding Hearts song, good to know, thanks!

What is the best ticket you can get for a reasonable price? Reasonable being under $100. I just had a quick glance at tickets and fuck me I never realized just how expensive they are. And as for all the terminology (mezzanine etc), well thats lost on me

What is the best ticket you can get for a reasonable price? Reasonable being under $100. I just had a quick glance at tickets and fuck me I never realized just how expensive they are. And as for all the terminology (mezzanine etc), well thats lost on me

If you've never seen the show before, mezzanine is a great view. It's the middle level of the theater. The front of the Mezz is best - it overhangs at about the 9th row or something so you are close. Those tickets are still over $100, though, at least back to the middle of the Mezzanine. Back of the Mezzanine is still good, though, and better (to me, anyway) than back of the Orchestra. Those tickets should be less than $100, maybe 70-ish? Balcony front rows are surprisingly good, but don't go there if you have a heights issue. :lol:

I am not fond of the Orchestra unless you can score an aisle seat so you can lean out and see stuff. I've always had some bonehead in front of me blocking my view during the show when I have sat there.

If you want to go really cheap, look for partial view tickets...those are maybe $37? Try to get left side partial view, you miss too much of Billie Joe on the right side since he comes in on the right. It's not like you miss a ton, though, still excellent views. And I think most shows (although maybe not the weekends?) have student priced partial view seats also. You buy those day of show at the box office starting at 10am or so.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense :) So I guess all the actors that are going away it's because it was offered more money for them to be in other shows, or doing other stuff?

It's still sad that I haven't seen the musical and all these great actors AND singers are going away :(

Not so much the money (although surely that helps too) as better roles. Joshua Henry, the original Favorite Son, left for a starring role in Scottsboro Boys, also on Broadway. It got great reviews, but not ticket sales and sadly closed in a really short time.

I imagine they do get tired of doing the same show night after night, too. It's not like a TV show, where it's different for each production. And, of course, I didn't mention that most of them have been rehearsing this whole thing since probably Spring of 2009. So, they have been living and breathing it for nearly two years now.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the videos/audio of Theo's last show. He'll be surely missed! :wub: ^and thanks for the Melissa link. I'm looking forward to seeing her!

My video:

I love the completeness of your video, nice quality too! thank you!

Awwwww, that's a great fun send off for Theo. :)

I would really love to have a quality mp3 of "Walking Out On Love" from the show. Would anyone here be able to do that please?

I guess no one has posted it yet: First Look: Melissa Etheridge Steps Into St. Jimmy's Shoes in American Idiot

I think that t-shirt sort of clears up the discussion whether she'd be taking off her shirt like the previous St. Jimmys...

oh, wow! i thought her make up would be darker... anyway i wish i could see her in this. Is that a color changing shirt or something? Wait, does this mean that Johnny won't rip off his shirt and will 'draw' on his shirt? Can't wait to hear all about how this all works! :lol: Looking forward to all the recaps/updates for this week too.

Here's a better video from my friend:

Rebecca Naomi Jones still in the show ? O-o

Yes. Of the original females leads, Becca will be the only one left after Christina leaves.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the video and audio of Theo's last show. Awww, love how they sent him out in style. :wub:

Yes, a typical Broadway contract is either 6 months or 12 months. But if the show closes before those months are up, the producers do NOT have to keep paying them.

I mean, your seats are reserved. You can arrive a minute til curtain if you want. It depends on what you want to do before the show. ie. get a drink, buy some merch, go to the restroom, etc. Doors usually open 30 to 45 minutes before scheduled curtain.

I mean, you're seats are reserved. You can arrive a minute til curtain if you want. It depends on what you want to do before the show. IE. get a drink, buy some merch, go to the restroom, etc. Doors usually up 30 to 45 minutes before scheduled curtain.

Ahh, thanks. I wasn't sure. I've never been to a Broadway musical before.

But yeah, you should be fine. People start lining up an hour/hour and a half beforehand and it's strange.

Thanks for all those encore videos, it's wonderful to see them. :happy:

Like, except for the whole cast member leaving being the reason for it thing, that's not wonderful. :(

Oh, she is SO going to nail this. Wish I could be there to see it.

I think that t-shirt sort of clears up the discussion whether she'd be taking off her shirt like the previous St. Jimmys...

Damn. :eyebrows:

My video:

Plaid - that and the Holiday audio were way too good not to share...thanks so much for posting!

Gonna miss Theo. :cry: