American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

How much are the tickets and where do you get them?

Anja, it would be SO great if you could come over and join us :).

Got a ticket for 9/4, too. I don't honestly know how I am going to manage getting out there for this at that time of year, but I did go ahead and buy a ticket. Like Cheryl, I have a "patient-up-until-now" husband. :blink:

I'll think about that later.

It's something I really want to see, though. And all of you, too, of course. :banana:

Haha - I wouldn't call him 'patient' at all, lol. He tolerates all 'this shit' I put him thru... :rolleyes: But yeah, it will be quite a while before I decide to bring it up...

I'm still not too fond of the idea, but now it's out there anyway, I want to go. (which, of course, is not possible)

... that sounded a bit hypocritical.

I know.. and I am starting to feel the same way :dry:

It's got to be because of the other songs they added, it'd be interesting to see how and where they inserted those. And which songs they are too!

Gosh I hope there'll be as much exciting stuff in the bay area when I take my semester there!

There's absolutely no way I can go out there and see this. So I can only hope that it becomes so successful that it makes it to Broadway. That's probably a stretch, but still... :)

Initial reaction: "These guys are fucking NUTS!"

I'm keeping an open mind. Don't get me wrong, I love theatrical and stage performances...but I've just got a bad gut feeling about this one. Maybe not that it'll be badly made. I don't really think it'll be a disaster. But more that it won't set very well with a good protion of the fanbase for some reason, and that's never good.

Damn, I think the first two dates are sold out.

Well, living where you do, you should be able to see any date during its run, and you can still come meet us for dinner/drinks/whatever before and/or after the show(s) we see.

I have the opposite problem of most fans: I'd easily be able to get to the theater, but I don't have any damn money right now. :/

Well, living where you do, you should be able to see any date during its run, and you can still come meet us for dinner/drinks/whatever before and/or after the show(s) we see.

Yeah that would be cool. I kinda wanted to see it the first weekend but whatever, at least I'll have many other opportunities.

I have the opposite problem of most fans: I'd easily be able to get to the theater, but I don't have any damn money right now. :/

I kinda have that problem too.

I kinda have that problem too.

We should split the cost of a ticket and then invest in a very long coat. You know what I'm saying? :shifty:

We should split the cost of a ticket and then invest in a very long coat. You know what I'm saying? :shifty:

haha that wouldn't be a bad idea.

haha that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Haha, let's do it! Or we can just be pathetic and hang out outside and wait for other people to tell us how awesome it was.

Haha, let's do it! Or we can just be pathetic and hang out outside and wait for other people to tell us how awesome it was.

that was my initial plan. It's better than nothing. The coat idea would be best though.

that was my initial plan. It's better than nothing. The coat idea would be best though.

Hahahaha - the world's TALLEST theater-goer.

Hahahaha - the world's TALLEST theater-goer.

It would be so awesome. Zeke and I just need to find a coat. :lol:

you have 6 months to save up for it. :thumbsup: $5 bucks a month should do it.

you have 6 months to save up for it. :thumbsup: $5 bucks a month should do it.

And I just got a job interview. Things are looking up. :happy:

And I just got a job interview. Things are looking up. :happy:

Good luck with that - and don't forget to save a little every week. We want to see you at the theater :).

Good luck with that - and don't forget to save a little every week. We want to see you at the theater :).

Thank you. :) Don't worry, I pretty much always put my paychecks directly into my savings account. Aw, well, I want to finally meet some GDC-ers at a Green Day event. I saw Beth at the Pinhead Gunpowder show at Gilman, but I was too shy to say hi, haha.

Anja - tickets for the preview nights are available on the Berkeley Rep theater site:

http://www.berkeleyrep.org/season/0910/3634.asp

They are $32-54 and can only be purchased online. There is a small service fee, $5 or $7 or something like that. Can you manage to get back to the states for this?

Thank you, Dorie. I hope I can manage it. I not only wanna see the theater production sooo bad but I also would love to hang out with you guys again. So I think I will just buy a ticket for myself cause then I'd probably more eager and motivated to do everything I can to get back to the states for this. I don't know how yet but where there's a will there's a way, right?! :)

For which day did you get tix? This question actually goes out to everyone who got one :D

Thank you, Dorie. I hope I can manage it. I not only wanna see the theater production sooo bad but I also would love to hang out with you guys again. So I think I will just buy a ticket for myself cause then I'd probably more eager and motivated to do everything I can to get back to the states for this. I don't know how yet but where there's a will there's a way, right?! :)

For which day did you get tix? This question actually goes out to everyone who got one :D

I think most people got tickets for the 9/4 show.

I think most people got tickets for the 9/4 show.

That sucks (for me) cause this show is already sold out :/

That sucks (for me) cause this show is already sold out :/

Yeah I think that one and the day after are both sold out which sucks.