American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Lucky for us, you don't have a choice! You have to go.

I like the way you think, Andres :).

The only thing I´ve been eagerly waiting for since more than four years is finally taking place and I can´t make it!?!?! :(

Anyone wants to spare a change for me and help me making it to Berkeley in September? :/

The new york times article was printed into my local papers! Now all my friends are going to think that Green Day sold out. Grrrrr.

I have never wished I lived in America more than today.

I wish I could see this. Maybe they'd come to Australia.

So who else has already bought tickets (besides those of you I already know from twitter and facebook)?

Me! :blink: For Sept 4th- if I can't make it, I can always sell the ticket I guess- It's a really GOOD SEAT!

Here are my opinions on the whole thing:

I've been reading all the comments on here and for the first time I am seeing a LOT of negativity amongst the fans. Well, you don't have to like the idea of American Idiot becoming a theatrical production, but no one is twisting your arm to see it either. It's not like it's going to invade your world through the TV or the radio- you don't even have to push a button or turn a knob to get rid of it. You either go to the show or you don't.

If they can make a series of Friday the 13th movies, whats so bad about rehashing American Idiot in a completely different medium? To think that American Idiot meant enough to Michael Mayer to devote his time and energy into it must mean that he loves Green Days work as much as we do. Combine that passion with the fact that Billie Joe has discussed the treatment and given his approval for it is good enough for me. Billie is smart and he wouldn't give the go ahead on something that really sucked. Has he EVER let us down before?

And to Who-ever said The Who > Green Day, why don't you go hang out on the Who's forum?

And to Who-ever said, There would be no Green Day with out The Who:

Just because The Who was a band before Green Day was born and were an influence to Green Day doesn't make them any greater of a band.

BTW- I saw Tommy in the theater when I was 9 years old...I like The Who.

It's a short run of 5 shows- Billies family and friends could probably sell out one of them all by themselves, seeing it is in his hometown.

Me :blink: for Sept 4th- if I can't make it, I can always sell the ticket I guess...it's GOOD SEAT!

luckyyyyyy :mad:

:P

Me! :blink: For Sept 4th- if I can't make it, I can always sell the ticket I guess- It's a really GOOD SEAT!

Great Geraldine! I'm going to be there on 9/4, too, and so are Beth and Diane and Andres (and Cheryl, but she doesn't know it yet)!

I'm thinking of going to this.. After all, this is plenty of time to make sure I can get the days off from work....

I'm thinking of going to this.. After all, this is plenty of time to make sure I can get the days off from work....

Yeah, do it!!! Get tickets for 9/4. Didn't we meet you briefly in Phoenix at the FBHT show? It would be great to see you again.

ARGGG I'm having trouble getting tickets! Seems like a huge number of people are trying to get tickets at the same time since they sent out the email blast...shoulda gotten them yesterday when I had the chance! I'll keep trying.

ARGGG I'm having trouble getting tickets! Seems like a huge number of people are trying to get tickets at the same time since they sent out the email blast...shoulda gotten them yesterday when I had the chance! I'll keep trying.

Oh, great! I want to meet you there. GDC meet ups are SO much fun (but we don't tell EVERYTHING that happens :) ).

Oh, great! I want to meet you there. GDC meet ups are SO much fun (but we don't tell EVERYTHING that happens :) ).

YAY! It stopped crashing and I got my tickets for 9/4. Yeah all of us GDC-ers should definitely meet up. I can show you guys around downtown Berkeley!

Yeah, do it!!! Get tickets for 9/4. Didn't we meet you briefly in Phoenix at the FBHT show? It would be great to see you again.

Ok, I did it!! And yes, we did meet briefly during all the Mike excitement at the end.

I don't think the seats are that great, though. But it's okay....it's definitely time for a vacation :D

Ok, I did it!! And yes, we did meet briefly during all the Mike excitement at the end.

I don't think the seats are that great, though. But it's okay....it's definitely time for a vacation :D

That's great! We must have about 10 people going from here already - who else wants to join us???

Got a ticket for 9/4, too. I don't honestly know how I am going to manage getting out there for this at that time of year, but I did go ahead and buy a ticket. Like Cheryl, I have a "patient-up-until-now" husband. :blink:

I'll think about that later.

It's something I really want to see, though. And all of you, too, of course. :banana:

The good thing about knowing this far in advance is that you have months to figure out a way to tell your husband. Plus, months to let him calm down since you just took a trip to L.A.

That's great! We must have about 10 people going from here already - who else wants to join us???

I want to, but I can't go, obviously.

The good thing about knowing this far in advance is that you have months to figure out a way to tell your husband. Plus, months to let him calm down since you just took a trip to L.A.

You made that sound like you speak from experience...

I want to, but I can't go, obviously.

You made that sound like you speak from experience...

hah, nope. lucky for me i have absolutely no one to answer to. my dad sometimes, but most of the time, just me.

I'm still not too fond of the idea, but now it's out there anyway, I want to go. (which, of course, is not possible)

... that sounded a bit hypocritical.

hah, nope. lucky for me i have absolutely no one to answer to. my dad sometimes, but most of the time, just me.

Yeah, lucky you. :)

Anja - tickets for the preview nights are available on the Berkeley Rep theater site:

http://www.berkeleyrep.org/season/0910/3634.asp

They are $32-54 and can only be purchased online. There is a small service fee, $5 or $7 or something like that. Can you manage to get back to the states for this?

This is true. Not mentioning it for awhile is probably a good thing. :lol: