American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

It was Theo, if you never found out or looked at the front of the GDA page.

:D

So, if you're in LA, Johnny Gallagher is playing at the Hotel Cafe on Saturday, April 7th at 11pm. I'm pretty sure it's 21+. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John's new show on HBO will air starting June 24

The Newsroom is an upcoming American HBO drama television series created by Aaron Sorkin. The series chronicles the behind-the-scenes events at a fictional cable news channel and features an ensemble cast that includes Jeff Daniels as an anchor, who, together with his staff set out to put on a news show "in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."[1] Other cast members include Emily Mortimer, Alison Pill, Dev Patel, John Gallagher, Jr., Olivia Munn, Thomas Sadoski, and Sam Waterston.

Sorkin, who created the Emmy Award-winning political drama The West Wing, was reportedly developing a cable-news-centered TV drama since 2009. After months of negotiations, premium cable network HBO ordered a pilot in January 2011 and then a full series in September that year. Sorkin did his research for the series by observing several real-world cable news programs first hand. He serves as executive producer, along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.

The Newsroom is scheduled to premiere on June 24, 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. Are you certain it's the New York show? There are things about Berkeley Rep in the beginning... and I don't think Stark Sands is in it.

Cancelled? Did it even air? :(

Stark's show, NYC 2-2, started airing on CBS on Sundays since April 15th. I haven't gotten a confirmation otherwise but I think they'll still air the rest of the episodes up until June 17th, which Rebecca is actually guest starring in.

Oh, and the doctor will see you now.

15gggn.jpg

Stark's show, NYC 2-2, started airing on CBS on Sundays since April 15th. I haven't gotten a confirmation otherwise but I think they'll still air the rest of the episodes up until June 17th, which Rebecca is actually guest starring in.

Oh, and the doctor will see you now.

15gggn.jpg

Geez, how'd I'd miss that. :( But will definitely have to check it on On Demand before it's gone. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

On Monday night, John, Michael & Gerard played at Rockwood. Fun times all around.

I went & saw Michael's play "The Lyons" last night. It's even better than when I saw it off-Broadway. Michael's last performance is on Sunday so if you have time beforehand, go check it out. Even after he leaves, you can still see the show since it's pretty good.

Also, Carmel has been doing a song blog. Previous Idiot guests have been Rebecca and Alysha. The most recent one is Declan:

Aww that's so cool Billie went to the musical the other day. I wish he would have came to the one in AZ I was at. That would be so cool to see Billie there. Lucky musical people getting to hang with Billie!

Opps didn't mean to post this here, but I don't know how to delete it?

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the Broadway Cast of "American Idiot":

John Gallagher Jr. - Currentlly, his television show "The Newsroom" airs on Sunday (the 24th). I saw a screening of it yesterday; it's really good & John is fantastic. He has a gig at Rockwood on June 25th.

Tony Vincent - Currently prepping for his newest EP and will have a show at Rockwood on July 23 at 7pm (doors at 6:30pm). He and Aspen welcomed their daughter, Sadie Day, recently as well.

Stark Sands - Currently, he's attached to a musical production of the film "Kinky Boots" which will have a out-of-town run in Chicago in October

Michael Espter - Currently, he's in pre-production in the upcoming film "Runner, Runner" and has a new series on NBC called "Do No Harm" out mid-season

Rebecca Naomi Jones - Currently, she's part of Vassar College's Powerhouse Season in "The Fortress of Solitude."

Christina Sajous - Recently, she left "Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark." Earlier this week, her younger brother, Joshua, died in an accidential drowning. Please keep her and the rest of her family in your prayers & thoughts.

Mary Faber - Currently in LA.

Andrew Call- Currently, he's part of the rock concert at Joe's Pub called "Pump Up The Volume." He'll then be part of NYMF production of "Zapata!"

Gerard Canonico - Currently, he's prepping to be in NYMF production of "Stand Tall"

Miguel Cervantes - he and his wife, Kelly, welcome their son, Jackson Miguel. I believe that he's attached to the off-Broadway production of "Giant" which he did in Texas.

Joshua Henry - Currently in NY, on Broadway in "Porgy and Bess"

Leslie McDonel - Currently on the "American Idiot" tour as Heather

Alysha Umphress - Currently, she's in the cast of Broadway's "Priscilla: Queen of the Desert" which closes this Sunday.

Van Hughes - Currently on the "American Idiot" tour as Johnny

Joshua Kobak - Currently on the "American Idiot" tour as St. Jimmy

Omar Lopez-Cepero - Currently, he's about to join the NYMF production of "Foreverman"

Aspen Vincent - She recently gave birth to hers & Tony's first child, Sadie Day

Libby Winter - Recently, she filmed the upcoming movie "My Man Is A Loser"

Jason Kappus - Currently on the 2nd National "Jersey Boys" Tour

Justin Guarini- Currently, he's prepping for "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in St. Louis

Jeanna De Waal - Currently, she's getting ready to take over for Glinda in the 2nd National tour of "Wicked"

Wallace Smith - Currently, he's on Broadway in "Godspell" which closes this Sunday.

Corbin Reid - Currently, she's getting ready for the La Jolla production of "The Nightingale"

Sean Michael Murray - Currently, he's in New World Stages' "RENT"

Mikey Winslow - Currently on the 1st National "Wicked" Tour

Krystina Alabado - Currently on the "American Idiot" tour in the ensemble

Jennifer Bowles - Currently onthe "American Idiot" tour in the ensemble

• Like 1

John Gallagher, Jr.@JohnGallagherJr

So great seeing so many friends and colleagues at the LA premiere for The Newsroom. I couldn't be luckier to keep the company.

tumblr_m5zh5uJwok1qanpfyo1_250.pngtumblr_m5zh5uJwok1qanpfyo2_250.pngAv4Dg6CCMAEhHJk.jpg

Theo and John at the newroom premiere in Los Angeles

Broadway alumnus and Newsroom standout John Gallagher Jr. was surrounded by friends, taking in the congratulations from seemingly everyone in the room. As Jim Harper, Gallagher plays the sharp, brainy, and just-good-looking-enough underdog producer that you’re rooting for from the first. But enough about him—the lovefest last night was all for Sorkin. “You know, he has passion and brains,” said Gallagher. “He’s fearless. He’s not scared to take some really intense chances on things, and it always pays off.” As to whether or not he was ready to take on the task of becoming America’s next heartthrob, he was less certain. “Oh you know, I don’t know if that’s necessarily the next step for me,” he said. “I’ll do my best, though.”

http://m.vanityfair....n-hbo-west-wing

Thanks for the update on the cast plaid ducky. I'm so sorry to hear about Christina's brother drowning---I almost drowned last week at the Jersey Shore (and I know how to swim). These things can just happen out of nowhere and I was lucky a lifeguard was able to rescue me. I'm so sorry for her and her family.

Im flying down from Seattle to see the music in SF with my GF this Saturday (afternoon show.) I'm soooo excited!

Hi! I have three tickets for AI in London on December 9th, at 18.00, but I can't go. The seats are in the stalls (G34, P25 and P26).

And now my stupid question that has little to do with this topic: How can I sell these tickets? Do I have to give a bank number to the person and send him/her the ticket by post? I bought it through ticketmaster and hmvtickets. Can I send him/her the ticket by e-mail? Is there any other ways to pay? Thank you.

Cyndi Lauper’s Broadway Musical Gets “American Idiot” Star

Cyndi Lauper’s Broadway musical–the movie “Kinky Boots” on stage–has gotten a cast. Stark Sands, of “American Idiot,” will co-star with Billy Porter. The whole release follows. Performances begin in Chicago this October.This show has a lot of promise. And Cyndi’s score sounds terrific.

http://www.showbiz41...ican-idiot-star

What's Up, John Gallagher Jr.? The Tony Winner on The Newsroom and Keeping Up With His Spring Awakening Co-Stars

http://www.broadway....ening-co-stars/