American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

• 1 month later...

Just some updates of a few of the Broadway Cast:

- John Gallagher Jr. will be in Aaron Sorkin's upcoming HBO show. The pilot was picked up and John will be heading out to LA next month to start filming.

- Michael Esper is currently in the off-Broadway production of "The Lyons" at the Vineyard Theatre. That was extended until November 11th.

- Stark Sands got married in July and is filming his CBS series "The 2-2" which starts airing in January.

- Mary Faber got engaged in June and will be getting married early next year. She also auditioned for SNL, so let's see what comes from that. She's still in "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying."

- Christina Sajous is joining the cast of "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark" as Arachne.

- Aspen and Tony Vincent announced that they're expecting. Aspen is due in April.

- Van Hughes & Leslie McDonel are said to be joining the "American Idiot" tour as Johnny & Heather, respectively.

- Jason Kappus is joining the second national tour of "Jersey Boys" as one of the leads, Bob Gaudio.

- Alysha Umphress is returning to the St. James in Michael Mayer's new show, "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever."

- Wallace Smith started previews as Judas in "Godspell."

- Jeanna de Waal, Andrew Call & Sydney Harcourt are still in Old Globe's "Rocky Horror Show" until November 6th.

- Ben Thompson & Sean Michael Murray are in the off-Broadway production of "Rent." Ben will lately join the off-Broadway production of "Carrie" with Jeanna.

- Declan Bennett is playing gigs with "The Mess" (aka Chase Peacock, Brian Charles Johnson and Gerard Canonico); the latest being at The Bitter End last night and upcoming at Bowery Electric on Sunday.

I'm sure that there are more but that's what came up off the top of my head. :)

• Like 3

Mikey is still on the wicked tour

Rebecca's boyfriend's band got a vist from green day last night (according to twitter)

Krystina is doing the AI Tour

Jennifer Bowles is in an off broadway show called Fucking Hipsters

Just some updates of a few of the Broadway Cast:

- John Gallagher Jr. will be in Aaron Sorkin's upcoming HBO show. The pilot was picked up and John will be heading out to LA next month to start filming.

- Michael Esper is currently in the off-Broadway production of "The Lyons" at the Vineyard Theatre. That was extended until November 11th.

- Stark Sands got married in July and is filming his CBS series "The 2-2" which starts airing in January.

- Mary Faber got engaged in June and will be getting married early next year. She also auditioned for SNL, so let's see what comes from that. She's still in "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying."

- Christina Sajous is joining the cast of "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark" as Arachne.

- Aspen and Tony Vincent announced that they're expecting. Aspen is due in April.

- Van Hughes & Leslie McDonel are said to be joining the "American Idiot" tour as Johnny & Heather, respectively.

- Jason Kappus is joining the second national tour of "Jersey Boys" as one of the leads, Bob Gaudio.

- Alysha Umphress is returning to the St. James in Michael Mayer's new show, "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever."

- Wallace Smith started previews as Judas in "Godspell."

- Jeanna de Waal, Andrew Call & Sydney Harcourt are still in Old Globe's "Rocky Horror Show" until November 6th.

- Ben Thompson & Sean Michael Murray are in the off-Broadway production of "Rent." Ben will lately join the off-Broadway production of "Carrie" with Jeanna.

- Declan Bennett is playing gigs with "The Mess" (aka Chase Peacock, Brian Charles Johnson and Gerard Canonico); the latest being at The Bitter End last night and upcoming at Bowery Electric on Sunday.

I'm sure that there are more but that's what came up off the top of my head. :)

Thanks that's awesome :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Tony Vincent just shared today that he will be a contestant on The Voice on NBC. The season premiere is February 12, right after the Super Bowl. I guess the audition has happened already, but will not air until that date. I watched a lot of The Voice last year, and I think as far as singing competition shows go, it's one of the least annoying and most professionally done. I hope he does well and stays on the show for quite awhile.

Also, he confirmed that he and Aspen are having a baby girl. D'awwwwww. :wub:

I was going to ask for tickets to June 8th at San Francisco for christmas, but of course they don't go on sale until april. *facepalm* I really want to see it....

:(

Tony Vincent just shared today that he will be a contestant on The Voice on NBC. The season premiere is February 12, right after the Super Bowl. I guess the audition has happened already, but will not air until that date. I watched a lot of The Voice last year, and I think as far as singing competition shows go, it's one of the least annoying and most professionally done. I hope he does well and stays on the show for quite awhile.

Also, he confirmed that he and Aspen are having a baby girl. D'awwwwww. :wub:

Is The Voice like a reality competition a la American Idol? (But less trashy?) Because it just seems weird to me that he would be on that. He's very well known as a professional in theater... I mean, he's freakin' accomplished, IMO. Do the contestants on The Voice aspire to be stars like other shows or is it somethign else?

The Voice is definitely a step above the usual crap like American Idol. I watched it off and on last season and several of the contestants were accomplished musicians who had been signed to labels at one time or another. I know one of the ones who was there at the end last year - Vicci Martinez - was superb. Interestingly, I saw her in NY at Rockwood Music Hall when I was there to see John Gallagher Jr play an acoustic set one evening after an AI performance. She was really really great, so I was pleased to see her get some national attention.

The mentors on the show (last year they were Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and C Lo Green) actively help their teams, so it's very supportive. I think it will be a great experience for Tony and he will get some excellent exposure.

I'm sure he'll get great exposure and be great on the show, but I don't get why he'd want to do it? Seems odd after being on Broadway.

Maybe he wants to try a musical career - as in a career in music, instead of a Broadway career. Try something new. The Voice really is a great way to get national exposure.

In The Voice of Holland some artists who don't even speak Dutch come here to participate and other people with already small careers in music, and from Tripe's post I see it's the same way in the US (not with foreign artists, but with people who already accomplished something giving it a go on The Voice). I think it really offers a great chance at launching a career, because it's not as flashy and trashy as American Idol and shows like that.

Tony Vincent just shared today that he will be a contestant on The Voice on NBC. The season premiere is February 12, right after the Super Bowl.

I'm going to watch the Voice just to see him sing then :happy:

Being on after the Super Bowl is the most exposure you can get on tv - I'm glad that he's getting the benefit of that.

Pre-sale for Chicago started today via Broadway in Chicago!! :)

I'm so excited!! :D Did you purchase your tickets yet? What days are you going to go?

I'm so excited!! :D Did you purchase your tickets yet? What days are you going to go?

Just looking at dates. Thinking about the last show but not liking the seat choices. Just checked stubhub.com and they want $175/ticket for orch row K. Trying to decide what to do and what to spend. And then how often I can get over there to try for lottery (If they have it on tour)!!

What about you?