American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

Lol Stephen, I don't even have to ask that. I'm sure they're fine with it. Sounds like a plan. (And if they want to know what the strange 20 year old guy looks like, I'd tell them to watch the collabs..)

:lol:

Oh god no, I'm only in 2 collabs, one is me dressed as a punk singing the stems and seeds line as Sanne so clearly remembers :lol:

And the other I have a creepy ridiculous mustache!

When/If Rebecca Naomi Jones or John Gallagher leave the musical I will go cry in a corner... :cry:

Me too :cry:

If/when Johnny's last show is announced, I plan to be there. Whether or not I can actually see the show, I want to buy some roses for Johnny and go before the show, wait for him to go into the theater and very quickly give him the gift and thank him for everything; for how much he inspires me and tell him how much I respect him as an actor and an independent musician, and how much his lyrics touch me. I'll probably write it all in a letter, just so I don't take too much of his time and he can read it when he gets the chance.

Some people have told me it's a bad idea, but I think it's worth a shot.

Although if he stays with the show for the entire run, (which would be nice!!) I wouldn't single him out, as I feel it'd be rude to the other (equally amazing) castmembers. But in that case I would probably do something for the whole cast, whether it's a letter thanking them all for their talent, or something like that and just sent to the theatre a few days before the final show.

I'd like to be there on the final day, but if I can't I at least want the cast to know how much I appreciate their hard work in a tiring, thrilling show, and how the show will leave a mark on me for the rest of my life.

/end cheese

Okay i have question and it might sound a little strange. And its sort of not realted to the musical, but because i'm going to new york in february to see it, i have to ask this. Is there a chick fil-a close to st.james?? i really crave chick fil-a, and i haven't had it in nearly two years!

/end dumb question

Ahahaha! :lol: Actually, it's not a dumb question and I'll make it musical-related.

There's isn't a Chick-fil-a near the theatre. In fact, two of the cast, Gerard and Chase, love the place that they've rented a car and drove to Jersey to get it. John did point out that there's one at NYU but he didn't know if it's only for students. Heh.

Chick Fil-A is more of a southern style place I believe. I used to live in Florida and everywhere you turned there was one. I haven't seen any in NY. I've lived here for about 5 years now and I never even heard of the place before I moved from NY to Florida in 1998.

For anyone considering going to New York to see this...stop considering and just do it. It is worth your money ten times over. :wub:

• Like 2

For anyone considering going to New York to see this...stop considering and just do it. It is worth your money ten times over. :wub:

Aaaand thats all I needed to hear!

We have Chick Fil-A here in Ohio - it's been here for several years. I don't go there. Never loved it that much and the right wing evangelistic tenet of the company gives me the creeps. Same reason I rarely shop at Hobby Lobby. Chick Fil-A is on the hotseat right now - one of their restaurants in PA donated to a very strongly anti-gay-marriage group. =/

There's a Chick-Fil-A 30 miles north of me in a mall. I've never been to it though.

I'm so glad I'm going next week, I would have hated this snow to mess up my trip!

Aaaand thats all I needed to hear!

:thumbsup:

I can guarantee you that you will literally have the time of your life.

Ahahaha! :lol: Actually, it's not a dumb question and I'll make it musical-related.

There's isn't a Chick-fil-a near the theatre. In fact, two of the cast, Gerard and Chase, love the place that they've rented a car and drove to Jersey to get it. John did point out that there's one at NYU but he didn't know if it's only for students. Heh.

Noo :pinch: Then they better pick up a #1 with lemonade for me next time!

Chick Fil-A is more of a southern style place I believe. I used to live in Florida and everywhere you turned there was one. I haven't seen any in NY. I've lived here for about 5 years now and I never even heard of the place before I moved from NY to Florida in 1998.

:cry:

i guess i might have to wait untill june then. Going back to georgia, they have it everywhere though so it makes sence.

During Sunday night's "Whatsername," Gerard was tearing up/crying from the moment is started. And when the ensemble moves to look at Whatsername in the window, Miguel grab ahold of Gerard’s hand, reassuringly, not letting go until they had to move again. Very fitting considering they both step in their departing friend’s shoes.

Something that I love about this cast is how much of a family they are. How they take care of each other. How they enjoy each other’s company. It’s smaller than most musical companies and many have been with the show and each other since 2008.

Heart these Idiots. :wub:

:hug:

• Like 4

Just checked the Grammy Nominations. American Idiot Musical is nominated for 80. Best Musical Show Album.

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

I'd like to think it's the clear winner, but what do I know? :) I'm thinking this catagory is not one typically televised. I don't recall seeing this award given on air on past shows.

I'd like to think it's the clear winner, but what do I know? :) I'm thinking this catagory is not one typically televised. I don't recall seeing this award given on air on past shows.

The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards Pre-Telecast Ceremony will take place on Sunday, Feb. 13 from 1–4 p.m. PT at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will be streamed live internationally on www.grammy.com/live and www.youtube.com/thegrammys beginning at 1 p.m. PT. The live stream of the Pre-Telecast will remain on GRAMMY.com as video on demand for 30 days following the event.

Well-attended by nominees and industry VIPs, the star-studded ceremony with be co-hosted by current GRAMMY nominees Bobby McFerrin and Esperanza Spalding, and will feature performances by nominees including Afro-Colombian hip-hop trio ChocQuibTown, blues musician Buddy Guy, singer/songwriter Cyndi Lauper, American roots interpreter Maria Muldaur, contemporary blues artist Kenny Wayne Shepherd, trombone and trumpet player Trombone Shorty, legendary gospel singer Mavis Staples, jazz musician Kirk Whalum, and R&B singer/songwriter Betty Wright. Presenting the first GRAMMY Awards of the night in 98 categories will be current nominees Laurie Anderson, Sara Bareilles, BT, Kathy Griffin, and Wayne Wallace.

Co-hosts McFerrin and Spalding each have one nomination: McFerrin for Best Classical Crossover Album for Vocabularies, and Spalding for Best New Artist.

Performers ChocQuibTown, Guy, Lauper, Muldaur, Shepherd, Staples, Trombone Shorty, and Wright each have one nod: ChocQuibTown for Best Latin Rock, Alternative Or Urban Album for Oro; Guy for Best Contemporary Blues Album for Living Proof; Lauper for Best Traditional Blues Album for Memphis Blues; Muldaur for Best Traditional Folk Album for Maria Muldaur & Her Garden Of Joy; Shepherd for Best Contemporary Blues Album for Live! In Chicago (Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band Featuring Hubert Sumlin, Wille "Big Eyes" Smith, Bryan Lee, and Buddy Flett); Staples for Best Americana Album for You Are Not Alone; Trombone Shorty for Best Contemporary Jazz Album for Backatown; and Wright for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for "Go (Live)."

Whalum has three nominations: Best Pop Instrumental Album for Everything Is Everything: The Music Of Donny Hathaway; Best Gospel Performance for "He's Been Just That Good" (with Lalah Hathaway) and Best Gospel Song for "It's What I Do" (with Jerry Peters).

Presenters Anderson, Bareilles, BT, Griffin, and Wallace each have one nomination: Anderson for Best Pop Instrumental Performance for "Flow"; Bareilles for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "King Of Anything"; BT for Best Electronic/Dance Album for These Hopeful Machines; Griffin for Best Comedy Album for Kathy Griffin Does The Bible Belt; and Wallace for Best Latin Jazz Album for ¡Bien Bien! (Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet).

Following the Pre-Telecast Ceremony, the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards will be broadcast live on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. ET/PT. For GRAMMY coverage, updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Facebook and Twitter.

IM ASSUMING THE AI AWARD WILL BE ON THAT

I think the Best Musical Album winner is announced in the non-televised part or beforehand. :ermm:

Finalizing my plans for New York soon! *HAPPY DANCE*

I think the Best Musical Album winner is announced in the non-televised part or beforehand. :ermm:

did you read my post....it will be online

It's about time! Glad you're going. :)

did you read my post....it will be online

Actually, I never do because you always piss me off with your ignorance and horrid grammar. :)

Actually, I never do because you always piss me off with your ignorance and horrid grammar. :)

does grammer really matter on green day community?

I was at Melissa's first performance tonight with Tanya and... her timing was completely off for the first few lines of 'St. Jimmy' which was really discouraging. She recovered though and sounded great through every single one of her other songs. She looks great how they've styled her. She is... just not energetic enough for punk rock. She is a great performer but I just don't think this is a genre that she is meant for. "Know Your Enemy" was her best song of the night, hands down. Her interpretation is barely there though - you hardly notice her if she's not singing. It is interesting before 'When It's Time' because she gives him the heroin and it's a different exchange because it seems as though she's jealous (in a different way than a male Jimmy) of Whatshername's growing relationship with Johnny - so that makes the stakes a bit different and maybe higher because hell hath no fury as a woman scorn, right?

Van was great - better than when I saw him in June/July. His voice is great, and his guitar playing is really crisp, but half of his monologues I don't believe, while I find myself really buying the other half.

And the new male swing is just fine. He has really nice arms but they need to put a few tattoos on them. They're too clean for the show!

And here's Good Riddance:

• Like 1

I was at Melissa's first performance tonight with Tanya and... her timing was completely off for the first few lines of 'St. Jimmy' which was really discouraging. She recovered though and sounded great through every single one of her other songs. She looks great how they've styled her. She is... just not energetic enough for punk rock. She is a great performer but I just don't think this is a genre that she is meant for. "Know Your Enemy" was her best song of the night, hands down. Her interpretation is barely there though - you hardly notice her if she's not singing. It is interesting before 'When It's Time' because she gives him the heroin and it's a different exchange because it seems as though she's jealous (in a different way than a male Jimmy) of Whatshername's growing relationship with Johnny - so that makes the stakes a bit different and maybe higher because hell hath no fury as a woman scorn, right?

Van was great - better than when I saw him in June/July. His voice is great, and his guitar playing is really crisp, but half of his monologues I don't believe, while I find myself really buying the other half.

And the new male swing is just fine. He has really nice arms but they need to put a few tattoos on them. They're too clean for the show!

Damn, I was really hoping she'd just rock that part. Maybe it was just first night jitters.

Thanks for the recap though. Always nice to hear about the changes/differences.

Thanks for the recap! I was curious how she was going to do.

Like Lizzie said, maybe it was first night jitters. Maybe she'll do better as the week progresses!