Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J'net

American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

11,344 posts in this topic

Hey all, I have a quick question. Seeing the musical for the 4th time this Sunday evening, but I'd really like to meet the cast after the matinée show. Not Billie (already met him) but just the cast...what are the crowds like at the stage door after matinées? What time should I get to the theater to get a good spot? I'm thinking around 3:30 or 4:00...

Anyone done this before who could offer some assistance? :)

Hey all, I have a quick question. Seeing the musical for the 4th time this Sunday evening, but I'd really like to meet the cast after the matinée show. Not Billie (already met him) but just the cast...what are the crowds like at the stage door after matinées? What time should I get to the theater to get a good spot? I'm thinking around 3:30 or 4:00...

Anyone done this before who could offer some assistance? :)

To be honest, I don't know how many with come out that way after the matinee. But you don't have to get there too early, probably 4, 4:15?

To be honest, I don't know how many with come out that way after the matinee. But you don't have to get there too early, probably 4, 4:15?

I've heard from friends that a lot of the cast has been coming out, but you think it's alright to get there around then? Are the crowds bad outside at the matinées? I've only ever been to evening shows.

I've heard from friends that a lot of the cast has been coming out, but you think it's alright to get there around then? Are the crowds bad outside at the matinées? I've only ever been to evening shows.

It depends on the cast member. They aren't required to stage door and last Sunday matinee only Stark, Leslie, Van and Jennifer came out. Because they have a shorter time period between the Sunday matinee and the Sunday evening, many of them either eat in or dash out the glass doors to grab food and then come back.

Just tweeted by Aspen:

aspenvincent Aspen Vincent

Etheridge. That voice. Buy tickets. That's all.

Just tweeted by Aspen:

NGL, I can't wait for reviews of her.

Just tweeted by Aspen:

I have tickets for next Friday's show, and I am really looking forward to it. :dance:

Just tweeted by Aspen:

I'm curious about the reviews!

It'll be really interesting having a female play St. Jimmy.

I'm still not convinced about the Etheridge decision. Shall wait and see I guess.

I'm literally sitting here, looking at ticket prices for this and my bank account and debating on whether or not I should buy this mezz ticket for the final show.

Decisions...decisions.

I'm still not convinced about the Etheridge decision. Shall wait and see I guess.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm just kinda ~iffy on it. I guess I'll wait on the reviews and take it from there.

I'm literally sitting here, looking at ticket prices for this and my bank account and debating on whether or not I should buy this mezz ticket for the final show.

Decisions...decisions.

Do it! You can always save up after you buy your ticket. :)

Do it! You can always save up after you buy your ticket. :)

I really should! I have 295 dollars in my account and a mezz seat costs...133 dollars I believe.

I think my mom is gonna kick my ass but, whatever she doesn't know won't hurt her, right? :P

Should I listen to the little devil on my shoulder or the little angel? Hmm...

I really should! I have 295 dollars in my account and a mezz seat costs...133 dollars I believe.

I think my mom is gonna kick my ass but, whatever she doesn't know won't hurt her, right? :P

Devil. :thumbsup:

The one that's shouting "BUY THE DAMN TICKET, JOY!" in your ear.

I now realise that you can't easily appreciate the cast album until you've seen the musical.

Thats actually very good to know thanks :)

And great to hear you guys enjoyed it so much! :D

Things back home are sufficiently miserable!

Devil. :thumbsup:

The one that's shouting "BUY THE DAMN TICKET, JOY!" in your ear.

Ha. Do I smell peer pressure here? :lol:

I've decided that I am gonna go but, I'm debating on whether I should do student rush or just buy the damn ticket.

If there's no student rush, then...that 133 dollar mezz ticket is mine.

I now realise that you can't easily appreciate the cast album until you've seen the musical.

Psh, this times infinity. Before I saw the musical, I would listen to the cast album and be like, "God...this is great."

And after I saw the musical, I'm like, "God...this is so fucking beautiful! Listen to all the fucking instruments! *cries*" :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time. :)

So happy for you, Isabel! :)

Just got back from the show tonight. I don't even know how to begin to explain how amazing I thought it was. I don't know how many times I cried. Everything about it was just perfect. Everything. Seeing Billie Joe perform in it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Just....wow. WOW!!! :wub:

Him singing "You taught me how to live." <--- Blew my mind.

So glad you enjoyed it after the many months of anticipation!

And so true about the cast album.

Just got back from the show tonight. I don't even know how to begin to explain how amazing I thought it was. I don't know how many times I cried. Everything about it was just perfect. Everything. Seeing Billie Joe perform in it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Just....wow. WOW!!! :wub:

Isabel, I'm SO happy for you! The only way I could be happier is if I could be there to give you a huge hug and just sit down for a long chat about it! I know exactly what you mean.

:wub:

1 person likes this

Wierd question, but was Daniel Radcliffe actually at the show last night? I know he's probably in the city since he's going to be doing How to Succeed In Business, and there are rumors he was there last night.

Anyone confirm or deny? I'm just curious :P

So glad you enjoyed it. :)

Wierd question, but was Daniel Radcliffe actually at the show last night? I know he's probably in the city since he's going to be doing How to Succeed In Business, and there are rumors he was there last night.

Anyone confirm or deny? I'm just curious :P

Yes, he was there. A friend of mine on facebook posted this last night:

We met Dan Rad on the way into the theater. Got a pic. I told him to enjoy the show and he said "Cheers, you too."

Yes, he was there. A friend of mine on facebook posted this last night:

We met Dan Rad on the way into the theater. Got a pic. I told him to enjoy the show and he said "Cheers, you too."

Thanks!

And they're so lucky!

*also, I'm sure it has been mentioned already...but the awesome as fuck bunny tattoo is located on Billie Joe's upper right arm :D

I'm so happy for you, Isabel! So great you saw the musical, enjoyed it, and saw Billie playing St. Jimmy in it as well! Just awesome. :happy:

And nice to know that about the tattoo, lol.