American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

St. Peacock? :huh:

I am really out of the loop when it comes to the musical!

It was just announced that Chase Peacock ('St. Peacock') would go on as St. Jimmy for the 8th and 9th so there's not a lot to catch up on.

Now all I have to do is cross my fingers for a WhatserPeacock. :lol:

St. Peacock? :huh:

I am really out of the loop when it comes to the musical!

Chase Peacock. He's currently an ensemble member but he's also an understudy for Johnny and recently, St. Jimmy. He'll be going on for St. Jimmy the last two days of Billie's vacation. :happy:

Daaaamn I wanna see the musical again! Like, soon.

Are you guys like that too? It seems like once is not enough. There's so much stuff going on stage...

I cried at Whatsername. It was so fucking beautiful. I had imagined this story over and over again in my head for the past 6 years. Just to see it transposed in real life... MAGIC.

:cry:

KJGHJGDHWSHGJHGJAGJGJA

YOU GUYS I SAW THE SHOW ON THE EVENING OF THE 26TH AND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING OH MY GOD.

Wow :woot: I loved reading your recap! Im so happy for you (:

And your letter was so well written, I wish I was that good with words to write like this!

Oh and when you mentioned that you got the bag of dope, I instantly remembered that John emptied the bag right in front of me and the false crystal melt got all over me! I even had some in my hair :lol:

Daaaamn I wanna see the musical again! Like, soon.

Are you guys like that too? It seems like once is not enough. There's so much stuff going on stage...

I cried at Whatsername. It was so fucking beautiful. I had imagined this story over and over again in my head for the past 6 years. Just to see it transposed in real life... MAGIC.

:cry:

I totally understand what you mean, it truly is a magical and breathtaking show! I wanna see it another time so badly too! I even asked my mom if I could go to NYC again to see it but I knew her answer was gonna be no.. Anyway Im so grateful Ive got to see it once and in a fucking AA seat :happy:

Btw are you planning to go another time?

I'm so thankful I got to see it ONCE, but I think everybody would like to see it again :lol:

Me too, especially since I never thought I'd ever see it! It was such an awesome experience I'd like to relive again and again (:

And yeah there's so much stuff going on on stage at the same time and the whole musical is so great that it's worth seeing it another time :happy:

OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT BILLIE JOE PUT ON HIS CHEERLEADER'S OUTFIT DURING GOOD RIDDANCE WHEN I SAW THE SHOW ON THE 26TH HOLY FUCK HOW DID I FORGET THIS?!

At any rate, here's a video a girl two seats down from me took! She was sitting right next to my Dad, haha. :D

You can listen to hilariously adorable audio of Good Riddance, as always, via AmericanIdiotOnBroadway.Com's secret Download page right here. Just input 26 January 2011 as the date!

AND OH MY FUCKING GOD I just finished watching the whole video --- I CAN SEE BILLIE HOLDING UP MY SINGLE ROSE TO THE AUDIENCE AFTER I HANDED IT TO HIM! Add this is despite the fact that the girl taking the video and her friend gave Billie this MASSIVE bouquet of black roses! OMFG. Shitshit. Trying not to cry from joy now. I never noticed him hold up the rose like that when it actually happened! :cry::cry::cry::woot::woot::woot:

AH! Read this and just smiled SO huge, even got tears in my eyes for you. So happy you had such an amazing time! Your enthusiasm is terrific! Makes wish so badly to be able to see it again. So very happy for you and nice loot you got there! WOOT! :dance:

Oh, your lil' letter was beautiful too, I'm sure he'll read it and appreciate it.

Aww, that made me smile and feel happy that you smiled and felt happy for me!

... If that makes any sense whatsoever. o_o

All I can say is .....so, so, so, so happy for you!!! And wow what a great note!!

Thanks, Bastard! ((Sorry, I'm terrible with names, sheesh ... Offline as well ... But anyway ...))

awwww Mallory that letter made me cry

Awww, Josie, your post just made me go into squee mode ... :hug:

WOW Mallory, just wow. I'm so so so happy for you that you had such an amazing time. Looks like you had an experience you'll never forget.

I enjoyed reading your whole story/recap. Awesome.

Thank you, Katarina! It means a lot to me that you always read and comment on my posts. :bunny::wub:

Aw Mallory, that's so great I'm so happy for you!

Also, I love the way that letter looks.

Thank you, darling! I was really happy with the way the letter turned out, as well --- I used a thick piece of ripped-to-size off white sketching paper, ((The trick to ripped yet even lines is wetting the paper where you want to rip it first,)) And painted the jagged edges with alternating watercolours. :happy: Yay art lesson! roflz.

Someone's happy! Aw thats so great though, it really is :) I felt so great for you just reading the post.

And both you and Billie Joe are in agreement that Darren is hot! :thumbsup:

LOL, thanks, dude! :dance: ((I should really learn your name, as well. I fail at life kinda. :wacko: )) And yes, me and Billie Joe are just two peas in a pod, innit? :P:lol:

At any rate, here's a video a girl two seats down from me took! She was sitting right next to my Dad, haha. :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h7TXSObhwM

Trying not to cry from joy now.

I loved watching this (probably not QUITE as much as you did :)).

I always get teary during the encore. And watching this video made me feel as if I were there again.

I'm so happy for the wonderful experience you had! :wub:

• Like 1

I loved watching this (probably not QUITE as much as you did :)).

I always get teary during the encore. And watching this video made me feel as if I were there again.

I'm so happy for the wonderful experience you had! :wub:

Thank you, J'net! For some reason the encore was the only song during which I was totally dry eyed originally, haha! I think because I was just so wrapped up in Billie's silliness and the cast's joy I didn't even think of crying! :lol:

Thank you, J'net! For some reason the encore was the only song during which I was totally dry eyed originally, haha! I think because I was just so wrapped up in Billie's silliness and the cast's joy I didn't even think of crying! :lol:

I can understand that. For me, it's partly just because it signals that the whole experience is ending. I want to stay all wrapped up in it. But also it's partly because I cry when I'm full of joy - and I always am at that point!

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... I love the way Billie laughs when he sings, "And don't ask why," in this vid! Classic!

• Like 1

You guys! I saw the musical last night! Wait, it's past midnight now, so I guess that would be two nights ago? Anyways, FRIDAY NIGHT!! I freaking looooooved it! I actually ran into another GD fan in the Nintendo World store (yeah, I'm a nerd :P) who was also going that night, but I didn't see him there, haha. But it so so good! Like a silly fangirl, I started bawling my eyes out when Billie came out for St. Jimmy, got choked up but managed not to cry during When It's Time, 21 Guns, and Wake Me Up When September Ends, and started crying like a whore all over again during Whatsername. :cry: And I almost got Billie's autograph. Not just once, but twice. I ALMOST GOT IT. See, I wasn't right up against the gate where you get things signed; I was a bit off to the side. I managed to squeeze my arm with the program out where he could get to it, but then he got in the car. Everyone who didn't get an autograph started to chase the car down, so while he was at a red light, he rolled down the windows to sign some more. I would have been the next person to get an autograph when the light turned green and he left. :cry: However, I did get autographs from some cast members who came out to the side barriers (neither John nor Rebecca came out though :( ), and just as Michael Esper was walking away after the autograph, I somehow managed to choke out a request for a picture. He smiled and said sure, so now I have a picture with him! :woot::wub: I also ended up getting an American Idiot hoodie and one of the limited edition T-shirts that they're only selling while Billie is playing St. Jimmy. So overall, one of the best nights of my life! :runaround:

• Like 2

I can understand that. For me, it's partly just because it signals that the whole experience is ending. I want to stay all wrapped up in it. But also it's partly because I cry when I'm full of joy - and I always am at that point!

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... I love the way Billie laughs when he sings, "And don't ask why," in this vid! Classic!

I know exactly what you mean, too --- I'm the exact same way at Green Day concerts, ack! It's such a bittersweet moment when any show's coming to a close ... :(

You guys! I saw the musical last night! Wait, it's past midnight now, so I guess that would be two nights ago? Anyways, FRIDAY NIGHT!! I freaking looooooved it! I actually ran into another GD fan in the Nintendo World store (yeah, I'm a nerd :P) who was also going that night, but I didn't see him there, haha. But it so so good! Like a silly fangirl, I started bawling my eyes out when Billie came out for St. Jimmy, got choked up but managed not to cry during When It's Time, 21 Guns, and Wake Me Up When September Ends, and started crying like a whore all over again during Whatsername. :cry: And I almost got Billie's autograph. Not just once, but twice. I ALMOST GOT IT. See, I wasn't right up against the gate where you get things signed; I was a bit off to the side. I managed to squeeze my arm with the program out where he could get to it, but then he got in the car. Everyone who didn't get an autograph started to chase the car down, so while he was at a red light, he rolled down the windows to sign some more. I would have been the next person to get an autograph when the light turned green and he left. :cry: However, I did get autographs from some cast members who came out to the side barriers (neither John nor Rebecca came out though :( ), and just as Michael Esper was walking away after the autograph, I somehow managed to choke out a request for a picture. He smiled and said sure, so now I have a picture with him! :woot::wub:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. :shifty:

:lol: No, but seriously, that all sounds so amazing --- And so so so fucking bumtastic that you JUST missed getting Billie's autograph. Twice. Fuck. =/

You'll get another chance in the future, though, I can feel it! :D

:lol: No, but seriously, that all sounds so amazing --- And so so so fucking bumtastic that you JUST missed getting Billie's autograph. Twice. Fuck. =/

You'll get another chance in the future, though, I can feel it! :D

Haha, the pics are coming tomorrow! :thumbsup: I just want to take a picture of me in my new shirt, then I'll upload them all. :D

And yeah, I do feel kind of suckish about Billie's autograph, but I guess that just means I'll have to keep going to Green Day shows until I get one! :mad:

It's insane how many emoticons I use when I'm talking about the show.

:lol:

Haha, the pics are coming tomorrow! :thumbsup: I just want to take a picture of me in my new shirt, then I'll upload them all. :D

And yeah, I do feel kind of suckish about Billie's autograph, but I guess that just means I'll have to keep going to Green Day shows until I get one! :mad:

It's insane how many emoticons when I'm talking about the show.

:lol:

I love reading everyone's reactions when they see this show for the first time. I just wish I could be there to share everyone's first one. It's such an amazing show - I love it so much. And some of those cast members have come to be like family to me. I'm so glad you loved it! :wub:

And, as for Billie's signature, read the message in my sig :).

LOL, thanks, dude! :dance: ((I should really learn your name, as well. I fail at life kinda. :wacko: )) And yes, me and Billie Joe are just two peas in a pod, innit? :P:lol:

Ha its okay, I'm Stephen (gonna put that in my sig, happens way too often!)

Oh and I'm currently planning my trip to NY. Even if its on my own I don't care, I wanna get to NY before the musical finishes. I'm not going to risk it on the chance that it might come London's West End, plus I'd love to visit NY anyway. There's the possibility I might go to a couple of different places if I'm gonna make the journey to America anyway. All just ideas at the moment, still need to sell stuff and/or find a job to get money to get over there though.

I totally understand what you mean, it truly is a magical and breathtaking show! I wanna see it another time so badly too! I even asked my mom if I could go to NYC again to see it but I knew her answer was gonna be no.. Anyway I’m so grateful I’ve got to see it once and in a fucking AA seat :happy:

Btw are you planning to go another time?

OUI! I wanna go another time; at least...

What about going all Mtl GDCers together? THIS SUMMER?!

For now I'm broke. But no joke. I wanna go back. With all my fellow GDCers :dance:

Ha its okay, I'm Stephen (gonna put that in my sig, happens way too often!)

Oh and I'm currently planning my trip to NY. Even if its on my own I don't care, I wanna get to NY before the musical finishes. I'm not going to risk it on the chance that it might come London's West End, plus I'd love to visit NY anyway. There's the possibility I might go to a couple of different places if I'm gonna make the journey to America anyway. All just ideas at the moment, still need to sell stuff and/or find a job to get money to get over there though.

Yes, you absolutely have to do it! Money will come and go, but how often do you get an opportunity to see AI on Broadway? I spontaneously bought tickets to New York and I'm going to see the play in 20 days. Even though I haven't even gone yet, I already think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. There's some peer pressure for you. :lol:

• Like 1

OUI! I wanna go another time; at least...

What about going all Mtl GDCers together? THIS SUMMER?!

For now I'm broke. But no joke. I wanna go back. With all my fellow GDCers :dance:

Ok oui faut trop qu'on y aille tous ensemble :woot: Et en plus j'ai assez d'argent, si ma mère avait voulue j'y serais retournée en février mais bon, spas grave..

I heard they're only selling tickets until May but maybe they'll had some more later? Anyway my classes end May 27 so I'm all free after!

I love reading everyone's reactions when they see this show for the first time. I just wish I could be there to share everyone's first one. It's such an amazing show - I love it so much. And some of those cast members have come to be like family to me. I'm so glad you loved it! :wub:

And, as for Billie's signature, read the message in my sig :).

Thank you! It really was such an amazing night. I can hardly find words to describe it. :wub:

And haha, thanks. It'll happen sometime, I know it! :D

Here you are. ;) I'll put them in spoilers so they're not taking up a ton of room.

My Green Day outfit. Don't mind my facial expression. :lol:

164866_1390642984801_1793925445_703889_6798689_n.jpg

Waiting outside for autographs.

180840_1390645864873_1793925445_703904_4492360_n.jpg

I have a couple photos of the cast members signing stuff, but they're kind of blurry because my mom was trying to get as many as possible, haha. I'll just show my one with Michael Esper. :D

167908_1390646784896_1793925445_703909_4597859_n.jpg

And here is my signed program. I got Alysha Umphress, Leslie McDonel (you can see where she almost signed it a second time before realising she already got mine, haha), Theo Stockman, Stark Sands, and finally, Michael Esper. :)

180489_1390647184906_1793925445_703911_2489503_n.jpg

Little Girl Little One with mascara tears. Funny how that works, haha.

179032_1390647304909_1793925445_703912_1182390_n.jpg

We're coming hoooome again. In my new AI hoodie. (I also got that T-shirt that they're only selling while Billie's playing St. Jimmy.)

167623_1390649544965_1793925445_703925_677843_n.jpg

So yeah! A rather awesome trip! :woot:

isn't it theo's last show today? anybody going to see it?

Yes, sadly. It's going on right about now. Lots of sad and funny posts on twitter and facebook by his fellow castmates. I think he is going to be missed by more than just the audience. :( Did anyone ay what he is going on to from here? I saw something about a role in 30 Rock but not sure if that was just a bit part in one show or something more.

Did anyone mention the date when Wallace is leaving as the Favorite Son? I know it was shared that he is leaving, but it looks like it's not until March 13. Wonder if they will hire a new castmember for that role or just have understudies (Ben?) take care of it for the remaining run.

I just saw this kickass play (Les Mis) at my school and it got me thinking how badly I want to see American Idiot. It's just such an important lot of music in my life, like Idk. Fucking money.

Or no, fucking age.

I just saw this kickass play (Les Mis) at my school and it got me thinking how badly I want to see American Idiot. It's just such an important lot of music in my life, like Idk. Fucking money.

Or no, fucking age.

I agree.

Especially with St. Billie.

'Cause I didn't see them this summer.

I'm so scared it will be my last chance before they go on that massive 5 year disappearing act.