American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

“I guess maybe we’re a bit more fruity than the Clash,” Mr. Armstrong said.

:lol:

Very cool ~ I wish I had time to read the whole article, butI gotta get back to work :/

Thanks for sharing, jane!!

:happy:

Okaay, WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Why the no-go on a HLAHG DVD release, whereas this is great? I mean, it makes no sense...

Thanks for digging that one up Janet! Holy cow! It's amazing that American Idiot is still relevant in 2009. With the new album coming out you would figure AI would be laid to rest. First HLAHG, and then this!

<!--quoteo(post=2849388:date=Mar 29 2009, 04:37 PM:name=greendayfan518)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greendayfan518 @ Mar 29 2009, 04:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2849388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for digging that one up Janet! Holy cow! It's amazing that American Idiot is still relevant in 2009. With the new album coming out you would figure AI would be laid to rest. First HLAHG, and then this!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm somewhat excited about it. I can see the difficulty in doing something theatrical with it, but I think the team doing it sounds pretty high quality, so that gives me hope for something wonderful.

• Like 1

but..

does anyone knows who would be the actors or something?

The article says it hasn't been cast yet. I think Mikey should do everything in his power to get an audition (not Mikey Brannon - OUR Mikey :)).

I think it's kind of a logical progression - watching Billie Joe's performance during the AI tour, I felt like he was embodying and projecting a whole cast of characters. It has the potential to be amazing, or at the very least, interesting. :)

... watching Billie Joe's performance during the AI tour, I felt like he was embodying and projecting a whole cast of characters....

I completely agree - he's such an actor - even though he once said "We're not actors," he's a natural when he's performing.

I think the casting and the treatment will be critical to make it good. But I agree with you that it at least has the potential to be amazing and will probably be interesting even if it's not wonderful.

The article says it hasn't been cast yet. I think Mikey should do everything in his power to get an audition (not Mikey Brannon - OUR Mikey :)).

Yesyesyesyesyes. :D :D :D

And who's Mikey Brannon?

Yesyesyesyesyes. :D :D :D

And who's Mikey Brannon?

St. Jimmy (look at the HLaHG meet up thread - I just posted a photo a few minutes ago, and if you scroll up, there's one him with Anja).

I completely agree - he's such an actor - even though he once said "We're not actors," he's a natural when he's performing.

I think the casting and the treatment will be critical to make it good. But I agree with you that it at least has the potential to be amazing and will probably be interesting even if it's not wonderful.

I think the dialog is a big deal - it has to come up to the standard of Billie Joe's shit-hot lyrics. One of the things I find off-putting with musicals is that the dialog is usually lame, it just links the songs but doesn't connect with them. For this to be all that it should be, that connection needs to be seamless. Taking all of that into account - just imagine Jesus of Suburbia filling up a stage with a whole chorus, wow!!

St. Jimmy (look at the HLaHG meet up thread - I just posted a photo a few minutes ago, and if you scroll up, there's one him with Anja).

Oh yeah, that guy.. Why is he called St. Jimmy btw?