American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I now realise that you can't easily appreciate the cast album until you've seen the musical.

Thats actually very good to know thanks :)

And great to hear you guys enjoyed it so much! :D

Things back home are sufficiently miserable!

Devil. :thumbsup:

The one that's shouting "BUY THE DAMN TICKET, JOY!" in your ear.

Ha. Do I smell peer pressure here? :lol:

I've decided that I am gonna go but, I'm debating on whether I should do student rush or just buy the damn ticket.

If there's no student rush, then...that 133 dollar mezz ticket is mine.

I now realise that you can't easily appreciate the cast album until you've seen the musical.

Psh, this times infinity. Before I saw the musical, I would listen to the cast album and be like, "God...this is great."

And after I saw the musical, I'm like, "God...this is so fucking beautiful! Listen to all the fucking instruments! *cries*" :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time. :)

Just got back from the show tonight. I don't even know how to begin to explain how amazing I thought it was. I don't know how many times I cried. Everything about it was just perfect. Everything. Seeing Billie Joe perform in it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Just....wow. WOW!!! :wub:

Him singing "You taught me how to live." <--- Blew my mind.

So glad you enjoyed it after the many months of anticipation!

And so true about the cast album.

Just got back from the show tonight. I don't even know how to begin to explain how amazing I thought it was. I don't know how many times I cried. Everything about it was just perfect. Everything. Seeing Billie Joe perform in it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Just....wow. WOW!!! :wub:

Isabel, I'm SO happy for you! The only way I could be happier is if I could be there to give you a huge hug and just sit down for a long chat about it! I know exactly what you mean.

:wub:

• Like 1

Wierd question, but was Daniel Radcliffe actually at the show last night? I know he's probably in the city since he's going to be doing How to Succeed In Business, and there are rumors he was there last night.

Anyone confirm or deny? I'm just curious :P

Wierd question, but was Daniel Radcliffe actually at the show last night? I know he's probably in the city since he's going to be doing How to Succeed In Business, and there are rumors he was there last night.

Anyone confirm or deny? I'm just curious :P

Yes, he was there. A friend of mine on facebook posted this last night:

We met Dan Rad on the way into the theater. Got a pic. I told him to enjoy the show and he said "Cheers, you too."

Yes, he was there. A friend of mine on facebook posted this last night:

We met Dan Rad on the way into the theater. Got a pic. I told him to enjoy the show and he said "Cheers, you too."

Thanks!

And they're so lucky!

*also, I'm sure it has been mentioned already...but the awesome as fuck bunny tattoo is located on Billie Joe's upper right arm :D

I'm so happy for you, Isabel! So great you saw the musical, enjoyed it, and saw Billie playing St. Jimmy in it as well! Just awesome. :happy:

And nice to know that about the tattoo, lol.

It was great because we got bumped up from balcony to mezz. Great view! :)

There were so many people outside afterwards and Billie took a while to come out. He eventually walked out with Adrienne but didn't stay around for long so we didn't get our playbills signed. (that's clearly the least of my worries though after seeing that AMAZING show! :P )

*also, I'm sure it has been mentioned already...but the awesome as fuck bunny tattoo is located on Billie Joe's upper right arm :D

That's lovely to hear, Isabel. :D Glad you enjoyed it.

About that tattoo, has a picture of it surfaced yet? (I don't follow the picture threads and those tend to have those pictures first)

When exactly does the AI run finish on Broadway again? I know its May but I'm not sure what date exactly. My 21st birthday is on June 2nd so I might ask for an early present :shifty:

When exactly does the AI run finish on Broadway again? I know its May but I'm not sure what date exactly. My 21st birthday is on June 2nd so I might ask for an early present :shifty:

The first :)

...Meaning that I'm there on the last week. :D

Not that that makes a difference :lol:

The show is still open-ended. There is no closing date of the musical unless they announce it. Right now, advanced ticket sales are until May 1st.

The show is still open-ended. There is no closing date of the musical unless they announce it. Right now, advanced ticket sales are until May 1st.

Oh that gives a bit more optimism..

I really dunno how these guys can perform with such energy and passion twice a day for months on end with breaks few and far between. It must be exhausting.

AND ... we have a picture ... just tweeted by Jordan Roth:

Her name is Jimmy and you better not wear it out! @AmericanIdiotNY rehearsal...THRILLING! http://twitpic.com/3ua1w4

And another one from Aspen:

Melissa Etheridge is literally killing me right now. Ok not literally. You know what I mean. Y'all are gonna die. But not literally. Wow.

AND ... we have a picture ... just tweeted by Jordan Roth:

Her name is Jimmy and you better not wear it out! @AmericanIdiotNY rehearsal...THRILLING! http://twitpic.com/3ua1w4

And another one from Aspen:

Melissa Etheridge is literally killing me right now. Ok not literally. You know what I mean. Y'all are gonna die. But not literally. Wow.

Oooooh! I'm liking the hair (or at least what I can spy of it) :lol:

I'll admit it. I'm still holding out until I see something from her performance, but I can't wait to see something.

Excuse the pessimism but its gonna take more than a rehearsal picture for Ms Etheridge to win me over

• Like 1

That looks really cool, but a rehearsal picture doesn't say a whole lot. The tweets, though, sound promising :happy:

That looks really cool, but a rehearsal picture doesn't say a whole lot. The tweets, though, sound promising :happy:

That's my reaction, too. The picture isn't that clear or great - it's the reactions of people who are watching her perform (I saw one from Alysha, too, and I think she's got an incredible voice and presence on the stage). So, I'm beginning to think this could be really good. Wish I had the chance to be there that week and see it...

Debating whether or not to get a ticket for this.

I have money...but I'm really not supposed to be spending it...but seeing Melissa Ethridge could be awesome...but I'm already seeing it agan 2/27

oh lordy.