American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

yeah, i dont know, i'm not quite sure this is good news.

But I guess as AI is a story Billie wrote, it might be real exciting for him to know that a lot more people are gonna hear what he had to say.

But at the same time,from where i'm sitting, this is strange, very strange.

Remember that Tommy and Quadrophenia also got made into movies and musicals, and those were to be interpretative too, does the musical detract from American Idiot? No, it doesn't because if the musical sucks, you still have that golden piece of a record to go back too

very true and that's the beauty in this because no matter how concrete of a story line is portrayed you can always pop American idiot in your cd player and conjure up your own story. That's why i don't see why people are fretting this, so what if it gets turned into a musical. Its not like their taking away the album and your imagination.

very true and that's the beauty in this because no matter how concrete of a story line is portrayed you can always pop American idiot in your cd player and conjure up your own story. That's why i don't see why people are fretting this, so what if it gets turned into a musical. Its not like their taking away the album and your imagination.

I completely concur!

And the thing about a theatrical musical - it's very easy to avoid seeing if you don't want to have anything to do with it. That way, it can't interfere with your own idea of the story.

I commented on GDA earlier that there's no way the play will tarnish the album, because the play will either be lousy, in which case, not many people will see it (because it won't last long) OR the play will be good, in which case, it won't hurt the feel of the album.

If I had never seen Across the Universe, I would have a harder time believing something like this could be good. But, I used to think I couldn't stand to hear anyone else singing Beatle songs, and then a whole movie full of nothing but other people singing Beatle songs knocked me off my feet. So who knows? It could be great!

fgdfsfdgdg hahahaha that's kinda cool!

Seems a bit...random, but, awesome. I would see it.

I completely concur!

And the thing about a theatrical musical - it's very easy to avoid seeing if you don't want to have anything to do with it. That way, it can't interfere with your own idea of the story.

I commented on GDA earlier that there's no way the play will tarnish the album, because the play will either be lousy, in which case, not many people will see it (because it won't last long) OR the play will be good, in which case, it won't hurt the feel of the album.

If I had never seen Across the Universe, I would have a harder time believing something like this could be good. But, I used to think I couldn't stand to hear anyone else singing Beatle songs, and then a whole movie full of nothing but other people singing Beatle songs knocked me off my feet. So who knows? It could be great!

I never thought of it like that. I loved Across The Universe, that's an example of this sort of thing done well. If this is anything like that, i'll be pleased

I was put off by this at first but a couple of years ago I went to a Tommy show (an amatuer one at that) and it was amazing.

To this day I still think about how awesome it was.

So if this is done right it could be really really cool.

I completely concur!

Across the Universe is the perfect example,it was amazing in my opinion and i think that it shows you can never underestimate the power of artistic interpretation.

... never underestimate the power of artistic interpretation.

That's a great way to put it! Anything could happen with this. I'm just going to wait and see.

this is a fail.

The Who > Green Day.

the Who's musicial was actually interesting and fun, this is just over dramatacized and completely over done.

no one important cares about a made up person, who has a mental battle and emerges as another person, no one important cares about a girl who's name is whatsername.

move on Green Day.

Do you even like Green Day?

Fuck the Who. THEY can move on, so last century :lol:

i'm loving the mixtured opinions on this.

personally, i lol'd a lot, but it would be interesting to see how they're going to do it etc (:

this is a fail.

The Who > Green Day.

the Who's musicial was actually interesting and fun, this is just over dramatacized and completely over done.

no one important cares about a made up person, who has a mental battle and emerges as another person, no one important cares about a girl who's name is whatsername.

move on Green Day.

You are one annoying little bastard!

How the hell can you say that "this is just over dramatacized (???) and completely overdone"? Do you have more information about this than the rest of us? I highly doubt it, so you have no idea what this is gonna be like!

And wtf does "no one important" mean? Who is "no one important"? Are you important? Important enough to know that this is gonna be horseshit? Important enough to tell us what to care about? You're really annoying the fuckin' hell out of me! Anyways, weren't you leaving the forum???

Sorry for the rant, but I actually feel better now.

When I read the news, I really had to laugh so hard; I thought it was weird in a funny way. But then again, why not give this a chance?

Just as B.J. said when AI came out, this could be the greatest thing ever or the biggest disaster. So let's just wait and see, Green Day is always good for a surprise, right?

I find this really weird. I mean the first thing that comes to mind when I think theatrical production is people in leotards. Not something I'd link with Green Day. :lol: