American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

yeah but it's better told in song.

Acted out will take away a lot of the effect. IMO

exactly what I think about it too.

yeah if your gonna dream what not do it big,i cant help but admire them for that even if this crashes and burns

of course, you gotta take changes

it sound like this play is going to be fruity

as much as I cringe to even think about AI being turned into a play I know if it was playing near me I would still go see it. and what the hell is warner smoking that they won't let GD release HLAHG, but will approve of this play?

I agree a hundred percent.

I mean, I first read that article and laughed. HARD.

This sounds like a joke. I wasn't that big a fan of the American Idiot Movie but a MUSICAL??

I don't want it to ruin the album, we really don't need that to happen.

And in that article, Billie didn't even sound that confident. He thought it didn't make a lot of sense but he still liked it.

I dunno....

and if Warner can let THIS happen, why can't HLAHG happen?

I'm sure a bloody musical about the former album is 10x more attention stealing than a documentary about it. :blink:

Hahahahaha! This brings to my mind the interview where Billie said there'd be an AI musical "over my dead body" and laughed at the very idea.

Hahaha - "...a bit more fruity than the Clash..."

:lol: Oh Billie, I love you.

Can't say I'm a fan of musicals myself. I am a fan of Green Day documentaries though....... Kind of wees all over the idea that they wouldn't want HLAHG out because it'd distract from the new album.

yeah but it's better told in song.

Acted out will take away a lot of the effect. IMO

I agree with you COMPLETELY.

Another thing I loved about American Idiot was how Billie made it so anyone can interpret what they wanted about the storyline, whereas with this musical and the dialouge would make the story seem more concrete.

I guess I'm pretty nuetral about this idea.

I'll hold my judgements about it for now until I know more about it I guess.

I agree with you COMPLETELY.

Another thing I loved about American Idiot was how Billie made it so anyone can interpret what they wanted about the storyline, whereas with this musical and the dialouge would make the story seem more concrete.

that's exactly what I meant, I just was unsure how to word it. haha

thanks for spelling out my idea.

Can't say I'm a fan of musicals myself. I am a fan of Green Day documentaries though....... Kind of wees all over the idea that they wouldn't want HLAHG out because it'd distract from the new album.

I know ... that was my first thought when I started reading the article. So, I wonder what the REAL reason is...

I know ... that was my first thought when I started reading the article. So, I wonder what the REAL reason is...

Well, I suppose HLAG is documenting AI - the musical is expanding on the album itself.

Maybe the idea of releasing something AI related (something they would need to promote) when they're releasing a new album would lead people to think they're using American Idiot's success to help the sales of the new album. That said though this is also about American Idiot so it kind of defeats the object? Just maybe not on as big a scale.

It doesn't seem like a big thing, though. I'm kind of hoping it stays low key.

Remember that Tommy and Quadrophenia also got made into movies and musicals, and those were to be interpretative too, does the musical detract from American Idiot? No, it doesn't because if the musical sucks, you still have that golden piece of a record to go back too

I think this is going to be badass... I only wish I had the money to fly to Cali to see it. How about HLAHG and the Musical both get released to DVD? Thanks!

That is awesome. I've always wanted to visit the East Bay, and this seems like a perfect reason to!

That is awesome. I've always wanted to visit the East Bay, and this seems like a perfect reason to!

I concur.

Hmm I think I'll need my thinking cap for that one :sherlock:

Remember that Tommy and Quadrophenia also got made into movies and musicals, and those were to be interpretative too, does the musical detract from American Idiot? No, it doesn't because if the musical sucks, you still have that golden piece of a record to go back too

Yeah that's true. I mean I hate several of the American Idiot videos with a passion but that doesn't stop me loving the album one bit. Chances are this'll just be another thing to block from my mind when I'm listening to it :D

I´m confused. What exactly is this "theatrical production" about? I don´t quite get it.

I just listened to an interview with Tré on my way back to the hostel and thought about the movie they planned to do about with the album. Is has nothing to do with this, has it? :/

i want to go see it so badly, but i dont know how i could.... especially just for that one thing. fuck all this stuff i cali!! gah.

Guest Billy

this is a fail.

The Who > Green Day.

the Who's musicial was actually interesting and fun, this is just over dramatacized and completely over done.

no one important cares about a made up person, who has a mental battle and emerges as another person, no one important cares about a girl who's name is whatsername.

move on Green Day.