Most underrated Green Day song/album?

nicoleah

God, there are so many Rest, Going To Pasalasqua, though maybe it is quite popular, Last Of The American Girls, Whatersname, Poprocks and Coke, the whole of Warning......

@FallOutBoyFan470 enjoy your trip through the back catalogue and welcome!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What albums of theirs have you heard? Might be easier to recommend songs if we already know what ones you've heard

Dream Catcher seems pretty underrated by the band. Was really hoping for that song to end up on LIFL. Oh well, at least we got Devil's Kind! 

It’s hard to know what’s underrated because some songs are popular amongst fans but aren’t really that known elsewhere. For me I really love Westbound Sign, Burnout, Prosthetic Head, and Suffocate, to name a few 

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What albums of theirs have you heard? Might be easier to recommend songs if we already know what ones you've heard

ive only heard American Idiot, 21st CB, and Dookie so far!

47 minutes ago, FallOutBoyFan470 said:

I’m so excited for you, it’s all new! You have so much to discover. Try Nimrod next.

I'd go for Insomniac if you're into punk or Warning if you like acoustic/more chill music.

How awesome to have so many Green Day albums to listen to for the first time, I'm jealous. I don't know about which songs but I second that you should listen to Nimrod (and also every album eventually!).

Most of Warning is underrated. I'd say that's a good listen after Dookie, AI and 21CB

I'd tell anyone looking to get into GD to go with Nimrod after AI and Dookie.  It has a bit of everything.  You see where they came from and where they were going to go.  As for underrated songs throughout their catalog, All the Time, Misery, Suffocate, Ordinary World, Do Da Da among many others..  

As mentioned previously, not an easy list to compile as it is dependant on how "underrated" is understood, but just to name a few songs that I think are underrated (and directing this at a non "compulsive fan" audience):

Burnout, Pulling Teeth, No Pride, Panic Song, All The Time, Haushinka, Prosthetic Head, Warning, Fashion Victim, Macy's Day Parade, Suffocate, J.A.R, Maria, Letterbomb, Homecoming, Whatsername, Restless Heart Syndrome, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Nuclear Family, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Brutal Love, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Somewhere Now, Bouncing Off The Wall, Forever Now...

Carpe Diem is one of my favourites from the trilogy and I don't see a lot of people talk about it. And one of my ALL time favourite GD songs is No Pride from Insomniac

Disappearing Boy, Words I Might Have Ate, 409 In Your Coffee Maker, Sweet 16, Dominated Love Slave, Ha Ha You're Dead, Reject, Jinx, Bab's Uvula Who?, Stuart and the Ave, Uptight, Whatstername, Nuclear Family, Outlaws... and the list goes on.

15 hours ago, FallOutBoyFan470 said:

I haven't heard all their stuff though

I'd recommend listening to all of their stuff, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

'8th Avenue seranade' from Tré is one of my favourite underated trilogy tracks. That album had the best moments for me personally of all 3 records.

Asking us what we recommend is funny, because we're all like "this" and "that" and in the end it turns out we recommend everything :lol:

22 hours ago, FallOutBoyFan470 said:

I recently got into green day and am totally obsessed now. I haven't heard all their stuff though. A few songs that I think are underrated are Give Me Novocaine, iViva La Gloria!, and Having a Blast, but I've only heard a few albums. What do you think are some underrated songs?

Hey, I've merged your topic with an already existing one.

Just FYI, we try to only keep one thread open per topic, so before you open a new one it's good to search and see if one already exists. Thanks!

First ones that come to mind are Horseshoes & Handgrenades, Westbound Sign, and No One Knows.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hey, I've merged your topic with an already existing one.

Just FYI, we try to only keep one thread open per topic, so before you open a new one it's good to search and see if one already exists. Thanks!

ok thanks! I was wondering why it didnt say that i created this!

On 5/26/2019 at 6:45 AM, FallOutBoyFan470 said:

oh my god, I am so jealous. I wish I could listen to them for the first time again.

I think the entire Warning album is criminally underrated, but this is just going off how I perceive the general public to be with Green Day. Macy's Day Parade is one of their best songs without question. Words I Might Have Ate, One of My Lies, Worry Rock. You'd be hard pressed to find a fan who'd disagree with this, but Brutal Love is incredible regardless of whatever else happened during its era. But if you went by the media/general public, you wouldn't even know it existed.

• 3 months later...

Can't get all the trilogy hate. 

So many good fun and love songs on there. Kerplunk meets Dookie. 

Appreciate em much more than AI, 21CB or RevRad

I think all of Insomniac, Shenanigans, Demolicious and most of Warning and Nimrod get overlooked a lot. I'd love to hear more from them live.

Archived