Most underrated Green Day song/album?

nicoleah

Letterbomb. It's a great song, and live (as far as I know for the videos I have seen) it is simply awesome, but for some reason they don't play it as much as it deserves.

I think that they played it usually during the last part of their 21CB tour, but they didn't during the first months.

Letterbomb was rated 2nd best GD song a few months ago. it can't be underrated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See the Light. I remember there was a thread on this site a while ago where a lot of people were trashing it but I thought it was a great powerful ending to 21st Century Breakdown.

Last Ride In and Espionage. They have no words but they are really amazing tracks that calm me down.

What about all of the b-sides?? (Not the ones on Shenanigans) But really! Favorite son, lights out, Gnovernater, hearts collide, shoplifter etc.

There are so many underrated Green Day songs that it is impossible to list all of them...

From 1039: I Was There

Kerplunk: One Of My Lies (Holden Caulfield made its appearance on AAF which is why it might get more attention now)

Dookie: Having A Blast

Insomniac: Panic Song or Westbound Sign

Nimrod: Worry Rock

Warning: Church On Dunday

American Idiot: Homecoming

21st Century Breakdown: Restless Heart Syndrom

Their most underrated album has to be Nimrod. I think less than 10% of the concert attendors have ever heard of songs like Worry Rock, Uptight, Jinx, Walking Alone or Reject... =/

Such a shame that they don't play these songs anymore.... Nimrod is my favourite Green Day album.

macy's day parade i feel didn't get the right attention it should have... it is an awesome song, and i think people don't like it because they don't understand what it is about.

I love that one. I dont know what its about, but I bought the music video

I think the most underated album is the 1000 Hours EP. That was GDs opening act, their first set of songs. A lot of people at Gilman didnt like them cause their songs werent punk enough, but those songs are more passion-punk. They are easy to relate to, and very awesome. The lyrics are well written, and the guitar is beautiful

Waiting, Redundant, Homecoming, Blood Sex and Booze, and Whatsername

I love the whole Warning album!

I loved the whole Warning album!

I think Insomniac in general is pretty underrated. All the songs are fucking great and when I was reading the lyrics I felt like these were the Dookie characters all grown up and now they're facing the consequences of not doing anything with their lives. I know that's probably wrong, but that's what I got from it.

Prosthetic Head. Other than Whatsername, I think it's the best ending to any GD album :wub:

Everything before American Idiot. But actually, 1039 SOSH. Songs like I Was There are awesome and totally underrated.

This will be an unpopular opinion but...I think See The Light is highly underrated and is actually a really epic way to end 21st Century Breakdown. I love how it starts the same way 21st Century Breakdown starts, really tying the whole album together well and leaves the listener with hope that there is a future for America if people can only "see the light".

Seems like people really have no time for the song, and while I don't listen to it very often I don't think it is the disaster people make it out to be.

The acoustic version of Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) on the Brainstew/Jaded single. Love it soooo much. Did not care for the version of that song on Nimrod that has pretty much been everybody's high school graduation song ever since.

i think 21stCB is very underrated. it didn't get as much promotion as it should. i know many fans dislike it pretty much, and say that its overproduced.. but i love it.. maybe not as good as AI, but still so amazing.

i love all albums x)

This will be an unpopular opinion but...I think See The Light is highly underrated and is actually a really epic way to end 21st Century Breakdown. I love how it starts the same way 21st Century Breakdown starts, really tying the whole album together well and leaves the listener with hope that there is a future for America if people can only "see the light".

Seems like people really have no time for the song, and while I don't listen to it very often I don't think it is the disaster people make it out to be.

I agree, I think it's a beautiful song and a beautiful way to end the album still clinging on to some hope through the darkness. I love the vivid imagery of the lyrics too. It's not my favourite song on the album but as a closer I think it's perfect.

Waiting.

Under rated? It's the best single of Warning, and not underated as far as I know.

Lucky stars fills the gallery of fan tattoos, even though they're just stars :P

Archived