What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

Basket Case, I had listened to Good Riddance before but didn't know it was GD. I think the first vid was American Idiot

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HA, i know, MTV didn't suck as much as now does, MTV Mexico was pretty cool, they don't actually show pop, because you can find pop everywhere in Mexico, but they air music from the US and the UK, indie, rock, and especially punk-rock, haven't seen it n a while, but I'm pretty sure it has changed, the bad thing is that only few people pay for that channel (economy in Mexico.lol.)

Haha yeah back then they actually played some music on it, for starters. Nowadays its 95% reality tv. :rolleyes:

Haha yeah back then they actually played some music on it, for starters. Nowadays its 95% reality tv. :rolleyes:

haha yeah! Sweet Sixteen.. those whining bitches piss me the hell off!!

haha yeah! Sweet Sixteen.. those whining bitches piss me the hell off!!

yea and now they have the spin-off show on FUSE.

there's no hope for music television once FUSE starts turning into MTV

i don't have FUSE :(

I know!!! fuse is one of the only music channels i watch and it's sad that's happening =/

I wish I had FUSE.

Don't. It's not that great. It used to be, but it's pretty much exactly like MTV now. It's in the process of becoming the next reality tv station... which is sad. They used to make fun of MTV and brag about how much better thay are because they actually show music, and now they're becoming MTV. They say it's because they're losing ratings. It's not. They're losing ratings because they're doing this shit.

The first song I truly listened to was Boulevard of Broken Dreams. The first music video I watched, I have no idea. But the video that hooked me was actually Minority from Live 8, not a music video. That was 3 years ago in 2-3 weeks.

I wish I had FUSE.

I miss it. It's only at home and I'm never home long enough to watch nowadays.

They are playing a lot of movies and shit instead of as much music now, but it's still got a lot that is great, in my opinion.

FUSE is not that great anymore... I did love it when they showed that Green Day Comp'd like 2 years ago :wub:

First song and video I listened to: Basket Case

I guess it was WMUWSE... on MTV haha. In Rome, during a breakfast in that hotel.

i can get in the conclusion that many people's first songs were basket case and good riddance :thumbsup:

song - American Idiot. it was a soundtrack on Madden NFL 2005

video - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I was at my mums friends house and she had dookie playing and i thought hey this is good and borowed her four Green Day cds Dookie AI International Superhits and Nimrod i think and put them on my computer and have loved em since

the first song that i knew was green day was amercan idiot, but i have probaly heard green day songs before that but i didn't know it was green day =P

first song; american idiot

first video; ...ai? idk i forget..

The first song I heard was Minority on TV.

It was cool because I was very confused before I saw the video and thought Green Day were the ones that played Tequila Sunrise :P. Now I know those were Cypress Hill. :lol:

When I Come Around was the first song and video I came across from the band. I fell in love with the song straight away and it is still my favourite :wub:

Well, I remember getting the feeling that I'd heard Basket Case before when I listened to it after getting into Green Day. So possibly that.

First video I think would be Holiday. It was around that time when the video for Holiday was quite new and BOBD was still being played constantly. I know because every morning before school I'd sit and flick through the music channels, trying to find Holiday, but all I got was BOBD. :lol:

Lol, I just remembered when I first bought AI and BIAB at the same time, before hearing any other Green Day stuff. I must say listening to the studio versions of the older songs that were on BIAB was pretty wierd. I remember thinking that Brain Stew was too clean. :P

Archived