What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

I never used to be a fan of music, so i only got into them after the release of American Idiot.

The first song i think i heard was Are we the waiting, which i found online when i was about 12. A girl in my form liked Green Day, so i decided to give them a go, and i have loved punk ever since. I love their other stuff much more, but are we the waiting always brings back those memories of getting into that music.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a very vague memory of listening to when i come around, because i have an older brother who was into green day. at the time i was about 2 or 3, haha. but i didnt really start getting into green day till about 2002 or 2003 (still not having much musical knowledge), when i heard brainstew/jaded on the radio, and my brother told me who it was. i think the first green day video i saw was longview...im pretty sure at least.

and oh, yeah, FUSE kinda sucks these days :dry:

Even though I still feel like an old fart, it's pretty facking cool to read all this shit about teenagers not only discovering Green Day, but really discovering music and getting opened up to all new stuff, because of Green Day.

That's pretty freakin' sweet, cause they did the same thing for me, 14 years ago. When some of you were fresh out of the oven... :lol:

I first found out about Green Day, bought a few of their CDs, and they got me into bands like the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash, Bad Religion, Minor Threat, The Mr. T Experience, The Queers, NOFX, and all that good stuff. If it wasn't for Green Day, I wouldn't have known or found out about punk music.

Even though I still feel like an old fart, it's pretty facking cool to read all this shit about teenagers not only discovering Green Day, but really discovering music and getting opened up to all new stuff, because of Green Day.

That's pretty freakin' sweet, cause they did the same thing for me, 14 years ago. When some of you were fresh out of the oven... :lol:

:lol:

I first found out about Green Day, bought a few of their CDs, and they got me into bands like the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash, Bad Religion, Minor Threat, The Mr. T Experience, The Queers, NOFX, and all that good stuff. If it wasn't for Green Day, I wouldn't have known or found out about punk music.

Exactly! And that's pretty awesome, no? They opened me up for 311 and Sublime and a few other bands. Yeah, I like a few of those, too. I really like NOFX and The Clash.... The Queers are pretty good, too... So yeah, without GD, I wouldn't have given any of them a chance, really. Sad, but true.

The first song that I remember hearing was Good Riddance when I was 7 years old.

The first video I watched was American Idiot.

I Thouth that the first Green Day song I ever listened to was "American Idiot" but when I got the album "Dookie" and listened to "Basket case" it brought me back to when I was really little so I chacked to copyright date turns out that I remembered hearing "Basket case" when I was 5! Lol! :lol:

It was American Idiot video, actually the beginning of it. I didn't even want to watch it till the end because I did't like it. I started being crazy about them couple moths later after I borrowed AI record from my friend. And now I can't stand how stupid I was not liking them at once :D

Good Riddance.

That was wayyyy back in the day. :D

me 2, i always think ive seen their vids before i really see them.

Don't judge me - but American Idiot.

Green Day were'nt really a big thing in Norfolk to people my age when American Idiot came out, but as soon as i heard it, it was love at first listen :wub: Then i listened to thier earlier stuff and same for that

^Hey, nothing wrong with that Ellie, American Idiot is fantastic! I didn't get into them until I was 19, it was that album that hooked me too :wub:. Who cares how long you've been a fan? It doesn't matter.

Haha, when I was your age and Warning had just come out a mate of mine always tried to tell me about this "awesome band called Green Day". Did I listen to him? No! I was just like "nah, they're crap" without bothering to even listen. So your musical taste beats mine hands down already :D

Man, you people are making me feel old... lol... Are there any old farts like me around anymore? :/

Yeah, I belong to the old fart club.

Don't judge me - but American Idiot.

Green Day were'nt really a big thing in Norfolk to people my age when American Idiot came out, but as soon as i heard it, it was love at first listen :wub: Then i listened to thier earlier stuff and same for that

It doesn't matter when you started listening to the band... as long as you like the band for the music and not because of the looks of the people playing the music.

I dont remember the first song I ever heard but I know it was either off Nimrod or Dookie cause my dad had both and he used to play them all the time.

But the first video I ever saw was probably Redundant. :D

It doesn't matter when you started listening to the band... as long as you like the band for the music and not because of the looks of the people playing the music.

Their looks can be a very nice bonus indeed though :D

Their looks can be a very nice bonus indeed though :D

A bonus yeah, but not the only reason you like the band. Gets really irritating when all you hear is "OMG Billy, Mike, and Tray, R sooooooooooo effin' hawt!!!1111" Makes me want to say "No, they're ugly asses. But the music is great. Now go get a life... or at least keep your thoughts to yourself."

The first video I saw was American Idiot and I didn't like it. At that time, I owned two Avril Lavigne's cds :down:

But one of my friend was actually into them and one day in the school bus she said:"Listen to this, it's strange"

It was the very beginning of Letterbomb and when the song started I was thinking that it was pretty good, but she took back the earphone before I could actually listen to the whole song. So, the first CD I bought was American Idiot, but soon I started looking for the older CDs and now I own all of them.

And my friend doesn't like Green Day anymore.

A bonus yeah, but not the only reason you like the band.

Meh, if someone wants to only like them for their looks, fine by me. Up to them.

Lol when I got into/became obsessed with Green Day's music I literally didn't even know what they looked like at all, or that anyone fancied them. What a nice little extra surprise when I noticed there was some eye candy in the band, although I thought I was the only one who thought so :lol:

I heard their I fought the law cover about 10 years ago, and time of your life and when i come around until I heard boulevard of broken dreams and I started getting into them.

Meh, if someone wants to only like them for their looks, fine by me. Up to them.

Lol when I got into Green Day's music I literally didn't even know what they looked like at all, or that anyone fancied them. What a nice little extra surprise when I noticed there was some eye candy in the band, although I thought I was the only one who thought so :lol:

I wouldn't mind so much if the screming idiots just kept their dirty thoughts to themselves. My eardrums suffered massively for that, and I wasn't very happy out it. I don't think a massive crowd wants to hear someone yell out about how they want to "do" someone.

I only knew what they looked like because I had a friend who as massively obsessed with Billie (I thought he was kind of ugly) back when Insomniac was out. She even went as far as to jump on me and practically strangle me when he crossed his eyes during the music video for Geek Stink Breath

lol my story is weird...

my older sister had Dookie and she let my younger brother listen to it and he liked it even though he hardly knew what he was listening to and he always had it blasting so i'm like "what's so great about it?". so i took the cd, layed in my bed and listened to the whole thing (--i was like...in 6th grade so i was like, around 10--) and i was like "these guys are pretty good...hmm "Green Day", that's a weird name..." so i guess the first song i ever listened to by them was Burnout since it was the first song on the cd. it wasnt until a year or two later that i heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams on the radio and i didnt realize that the band i was singing, dancing, and blasting on the radio to where the same guys i tried listening to back then. then lattterrr i watched Bullet in a Bible with my brother and i'm like "ZOMG GREEN DAY IS AMAZING" lol

i think the first video i ever watched was BOBD...next thing i knew i had all the cd's except for insomniac, kerplunk!, and 1039 SOSH

:blink:

Archived