What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
I was at my mums friends house and she had dookie playing and i thought hey this is good and borowed her four Green Day cds Dookie AI International Superhits and Nimrod i think and put them on my computer and have loved em since

i have to edit that was the song that got me into them the first one i ever listened to was longview. or probably more of their stuff on the radio b4 that.

Hmm....i had heard hitchin a ride on the radio in 2001....i didnt know the group but i really found the song really nice...its only after AI that i started exploring green day and found that the song to which i was headbanging in 2001 was by green day...

Hmm....i had heard hitchin a ride on the radio in 2001....i didnt know the group but i really found the song really nice...its only after I that i started exploring green day and found that the song to which i was headbanging in 2001 was by green day...

i love that song! :)

First song was either Longview or When I Come Around (during the Dookie era). The first video... and I feel bad about this one because I thought it was Hootie and the Blowfish... was When I Come Around. I remember seeing the world premier of Brainstew/Jaded on MTV. Would stay up almost all night just catch Green Day on MTV (when MTV was semi decent). I miss the old Fuse as well. Fuse has gone down the shitter; more tv type shows and less music related stuff. I did manage to catch Loaded: Green Day last week. Was sitting there going "HOLY FUCKBALLS BATMAN! I remember when that video premiered blah blah blah years ago. Man, I'm fucking pathetic." I also still remember the very first song that Green Day played at the very first concert I went to (Insomniac tour in 1995): Stuart and the Avenue.

Basket Case was the first song i heard. I heard it on a compilation CD i had when i was living in Hong Kong... pretty much never looked back!

First song I heard was Ha Ha You're Dead. First video was Hitchin' A Ride :)

I was a mere 4 or 5 years old in the local music bar in my town, and they had MTV on the tv there, and I remember seeing Basket Case, it was rather awesome.

That means it was about... 14 odd years ago.

Basket Case was the first song i heard. I heard it on a compilation CD i had when i was living in Hong Kong... pretty much never looked back!

Holy shit, you've seen them a load of times :o

i don't remember what the song i heard first, i only remember that i was at my uncles house, and we were listening to international superhits :D

Probably American Idiot.I only got into their music after that.I can't remember listening to anything form Dookie,I was a only like 2.The first video I watched was Jesus of Suburbia.

I think Good Riddance.

My dad played it for me. :D

Probably something off of Dookie, I know that for sure. My brothers used to listen to it a lot, thus getting me interested into Green Day.

I have to admit to becoming a huge Green Day fan when American Idiot came out. That was also my first Green Day cd. My first song was Boulevard of Broken Dreams I believe.

I think it was When I come around.

but back then I had no music knowledge.

and no idea who it was.

GAH lol

This obnoxious kid at my school kept singing, "Dooooo you have the time? To listen to me whine?" etc etc. I had no idea wtf he was singing about. We went to a Christian school, and were quite sheltered. My biggest obsession up until this point had been New Kids on the Block (wannafightaboudit?) So when we left my dad and were staying w/ my brother, he had MTV (we didn't have it at home), and I cleeeearly remember sitting in his floor, in front of his tv, and the clearest memory of the video I had was of an out of it looking blonde dude w/ electric blue eyes lol (Tre) The Basket Case video. I was like, 'Oooooh, so THAT'S the song..." and the rest was history. I'd never heard or seen anything like them before, and they hooked me. I almost immediately bought 'Dookie' and my life was forever changed.

I like this topic :lol:

Well, Basket Case, when I first knew who it was, but before that, maybe Good Riddance or Minority.

Man, you people are making me feel old... lol... Are there any old farts like me around anymore? :/

Archived