What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

i searched and searched, but they didn't have this topic (feel free to delete if it was already posted)

So, my first green day song ever was basket case, don't remember when, but i was really young, and then i watched the video in MTV Mexico (they had pretty good music in MTV Mexico in the 90's)

xIMVLVoJPqJAzt6jNRGTDQ.jpg

what was yours??

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest billy024

i wouldn't be suprised if this were closed.

but i can remember listening to brain stew when i was little in my car.

We do have a similar topic, but it's been around for a couple years so we can start a new one (i'll close the other).

First song I heard was Minority, first video i saw was Macy's Day Parade.

I heard Minority after a friend asked me to download it for him. I thought "hmm, this sounds pretty good', then he gave me his Dookie CD. I rarely watched MTV or anything growing up, so one day I decided to search the net for videos to download, and found macy's day parade (i think it was on greendayvideos.net).

My friend learned to play Good Riddance on her guitar, and I never knew who it was until American Idiot I guess - and then realized I knew Green Day from years back :)

I don't remember which song was the first, but it was on Kerplunk... a friend had the tape on in her car while we were out driving around, and then a month or so later, I saw the video for "Longview" sometime when it was first on MTV. Been hooked ever since :)

We do have a similar topic, but it's been around for a couple years so we can start a new one (i'll close the other).

First song I heard was Minority, first video i saw was Macy's Day Parade.

I heard Minority after a friend asked me to download it for him. I thought "hmm, this sounds pretty good', then he gave me his Dookie CD. I rarely watched MTV or anything growing up, so one day I decided to search the net for videos to download, and found macy's day parade (i think it was on greendayvideos.net).

interesting, and now you run the largest green day community in the web, awesome.

Basket Case when I was 8. I remember liking the video. Then I must have heard most of their singles, but I pretty much forgot about them until I obsessively got into them in 2005.

:lol: One thing I do remember is half-hearing Minority on the radio once when it came out and thinking it was shit. I remember this boy trying to tell me that this band called Green Day were awesome but I didn't listen, I was just like "nah, that song's crap blah blah". What a dumbass I was- if only I'd listened and checked them out :pinch: And now I love Minority too.

My first song was Basketcase.

not counting good riddance (which i had heard 2 years previously), the first song i heard was Holiday.

i will never forget that day and the events that followed that made me the fan i am today. :teehee:

I don't really remember, probably Basketcase or Welcome to Paradise. First song I heard that I knew was Green Day was Good Riddance.

I really don't remember. I mean, I was 5-6 when Green Day got big, and when I first got into Green Day, my father actually had the Dookie cd and gave it to me. Said he used to listen to it alot, so... I must have heard them countless times. Especially when I started buying their cds and alot of songs sounded familiar.

I remember the first time I ever took any INTEREST in Green Day though, was when I saw the Waiting video premiere on TRL. I loved it. And that's when my father gave me his Dookie cd. I liked that. And wound up buying the Warning cd.

But then I kinda forgot about them, like... it was a phase or something. Then I saw the American Idiot video on MTV, and they caught my attention for the second time. I started listening to the two cds I already had, bought American Idiot, and the rest of their collection, and that was that.

im not sure on the song probably time of your life. i know the first video was american idiot. for some reason my brother was like "hey look at this" and i watched. thats when i became a hardcore fan i think. i knew the more popular songs like when i come around, time of your life, and basketcase, but i never got in depth with their music until american idiot. and not because everyone else liked it. because i thought it was good music.

I totally didn't know Good Riddance was by Green Day, and when I first got into the band and found out I was like what the fuck? :lol: It was so weird.

I think Longview or When I come Around.

or Basketcase. I dont remember. Lets just say Dookie.

When i com earound was the first song i listened to and the first video would probably be american idiot.

I think it was When I come around.

but back then I had no music knowledge.

and no idea who it was.

that i remember: American Idiot, video and song at the same time

at MTV :rolleyes:

maybe i heard them when i was more little, but i don't remember.. :/

Oh I forgot to answer the second question.

When I saw Longview a couple years back it looked terribly familiar, I got serious deja vu, so I'm fairly sure I saw it when I was like 4 years old. Because I used to watch MTV as a little kid with my mom :lol: Back before it was trash.

I used to watch MTV as a little kid with my mom :lol: Back before it was trash.

HA, i know, MTV didn't suck as much as now does, MTV Mexico was pretty cool, they don't actually show pop, because you can find pop everywhere in Mexico, but they air music from the US and the UK, indie, rock, and especially punk-rock, haven't seen it n a while, but I'm pretty sure it has changed, the bad thing is that only few people pay for that channel (economy in Mexico.lol.)

HA, i know, MTV didn't suck as much as now does, MTV Mexico was pretty cool, they don't actually show pop, because you can find pop everywhere in Mexico, but they air music from the US and the UK, indie, rock, and especially punk-rock, haven't seen it n a while, but I'm pretty sure it has changed, the bad thing is that only few people pay for that channel (economy in Mexico.lol.)

i have MTV Mexico and they only show crap now, well.. at least for me, idk if you like rock/punk/weird stuffs in spanish.. :rolleyes:

OH CRAP!!!

well, that was the last MTV i had hope in. MTV SUCKS!!!!

yeah :/

let's give them a chance and wait until the new GD cd come out to see if they change..

:D

Archived