Sign in to follow this  
foxborohottub

Foxboro Hot Tubs - 2008/05 - USA Tour

Ila Reto
seriously wtf is everyone so pissed at?

i don't think everyone's pissed jay.

i just think that after the constant date changes, and then the stupid stuff w/ the "guest host", people are just letting out their frustrations.

then again, im probably wrong.

Sanah

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCKING FUCK

COME TO NEW ENGLAND, GODDAMMIT.

Bloody hell.

This does, indeed, piss me off a bit.

spark in the night

yeah why wouldn't they go to NYC?

or Chicago?

they better schedule some northern places

this just sucks

piratepalmer
yeah why wouldn't they go to NYC?

or Chicago?

they better schedule some northern places

this just sucks

Agreed - I think a certain New Yawker is going to be extremely cross ......

Hermione
No its so that the local people get to enjoy the band and keep a small piece of the moment just for themselves. And all power to them, seriously. It's a very humbling and touching thing to do imho

Yes but those places have been visited by Green Day many times before. Why not spread out a bit?

In the many videos of earlier Green Day shows I have seen no one's enjoyment seems to be being spoiled by cameras. If an individual wants to just enjoy the memory and not film it, go for it, don't film it and have fun. Leave the people who want to film alone.

But why not let the individual crowd member decide for themselves how to enjoy the concert instead of dictating to them? I thought one of the main aims of Green Day was to break down the barrier between the band and crowd.

This just makes the band seem superior to the crowd, telling them what to do and how they should enjoy a show. it's selfish and egotistical.

Ila Reto

yea...i can admit that im disapointed.

the "pissed" factor probably was 10 mins ago when i first read where they were touring.

greenbear
Yeah that's cool, but the no cameras thing is pathetic, I think it's a real shame. Green Day didn't used to seem to mind people filming, which was greatly appreciated as not everyone gets to see them live.

I was really excited when I saw the headline even though I knew they'd never be coming to England . At least we'll get some photos/videos I thought :D But it seems they're even trying to stop that. Such a shame. :angry:

I know Billie doesn't like a crowd obsessed with taking pictures during the show instead of enjoying the moment but as so few people will be lucky enough to see them live what about the rest of us ? The best answer would be a professional recording to keep us all happy. Failing that I'll just have to hope someone breaks the rules!

jadedghiacand

i always think that bands like FHT and PG are missing out on vast amounts of money, by just not doing at least 1 show in UK. The GBP is so much stronger than the dollar and the guys would be getting so much money.

I supose they play the west side usa for conveinience. - even if they came to Maryland, Washington DC or NJ in the summer, id be able to see them!!!!! gypsies!"

CarnageXB

Fucking damn it. Why dont they show love to the east side.

Ila Reto
This just makes the band seem superior to the crowd, telling them what to do and how they should enjoy a show. it's selfish and egotistical.

im pretty sure (and hope) that this power will go to their heads.

i wanna see stuff on youtube god dammit! like the shows from 1995 i was watching last night!

chickin'pickin'

Right.

I'm handing each and every one of you one of these.

30439-StressHead_100.jpg

Squeeze it as much as it takes for you to release that anger.

OR you could use some Stress Grinding balls. (Which I don't have a picture of)

GRIND MY BALLS.

Expect more news soon.

jadedghiacand
I was really excited when I saw the headline even though I knew they'd never be coming to England . At least we'll get some photos/videos I thought :D But it seems they're even trying to stop that. Such a shame. :angry:

I know Billie doesn't like a crowd obsessed with taking pictures during the show instead of enjoying the moment but as so few people will be lucky enough to see them live what about the rest of us ? The best answer would be a professional recording to keep us all happy. Failing that I'll just have to hope someone breaks the rules!

FHT should come to somewhere like 100 Club, London or some other small venue in UK, in a busy area, and then charge bitch ticket prices and they'd be the winners. Id pay £100 to see FHT live. it wud be so cool/

armatageshanks
i always think that bands like FHT and PG are missing out on vast amounts of money, by just not doing at least 1 show in UK. The GBP is so much stronger than the dollar and the guys would be getting so much money.

Yes because more money is exactly what they need.

jadedghiacand
Fucking damn it. Why dont they show love to the east side.

if they came to MD in the summer (july) id be able to see them, because ive got 2 or 3 weeks visiting the east side of USA.

Yes because more money is exactly what they need.

i supose when youve got $10 million in the bank, another half million from a couple of London shows is insignificant.

hardtoconcentrate

OH MY GOD. I'm going to be in San Francisco until the 25th and then Las Vegas to the 28th....I NEED to go to one of these shows.

piratepalmer

It's not the money surely you can understand that?? ffs. They don't to go too far away because they're probably going to spend the best part of 2 years in the near future touring Green Day.

It's a fun side project - on their terms. It's just hard on those of us that can't make it to these shows.

:/

brndnsc1996

COME TO NASSAU COLLISEUM IN NEW YORK LONG ISLAND OR COME TO TANNER PARK!!!!!!!!!

sydneygirl

I supose they play the west side usa for conveinience. - even if they came to Maryland, Washington DC or NJ in the summer, id be able to see them!!!!! gypsies!"

I don't think they do these side projects (Foxboro, PHGP etc) for the money. If it were money they were after, they'd take Green Day back on the road and make squillions.

I personally think they enjoy these smaller tours and venues because it would be refreshing to sort of go back to their roots. Keeping it fun and easy, not these emormous stadiums where they can't even see half the crowd because there are so many people.

Well that's my opinion anyway.

Mommy's Little Nightmare

No New York... I'm sad.

Sentimental Journey

I wonder if, like Billie Joe suggested, The Network or Green Day will be the support act. If so it could be a way of road testing new Green Day material to smaller audiences.

chickin'pickin'
It's not the money surely you can understand that?? ffs. They don't to go too far away because they're probably going to spend the best part of 2 years in the near future touring Green Day.

It's a fun side project - on their terms. It's just hard on those of us that can't make it to these shows.

That's actually a fucking good point. I never thunk of that one.

Well, I guess you're all fucked then.

And you can all keep grinding my balls.

NoVaCaInE!
COME TO NASSAU COLLISEUM IN NEW YORK LONG ISLAND OR COME TO TANNER PARK!!!!!!!!!

Size it up a bit, and im sure theyll take it into account ;):rolleyes:

jadedghiacand

JUST FUCKING COME TO LONDON YOU BASTARDS!!!

farley drexel hatcher

Yeah, exactly, and it's sad that we're all moaning about it.

I just hope we get to see something of the guys over the course of the eight days.

I was wondering - The Network did a live DVD. Maybe FHT are planning to do the same? You never know, would explain the strict rules about cameras and whatnot

Hermione

Yeah I hope someone breaks the rules too :D

I know Billie doesn't like people taking pictures etc. But surely it should be more important that the crowd do what THEY want, not just blindly agree with his pov of how to enjoy a show. I thought he stood for people making up their own mind, not acting like he is more important than the fans by dictating to them. It makes me sad to see this egotism.

Sign in to follow this