Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Taylor Swift

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

DookieLukie

DookieLukie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 28, 2012
  • 1,082 rep

I actually enjoyed T-Swift's first two albums, but the last one was trash and this one is sewage.

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,614 rep

lol @ people thinking Taylor Swift is a dumb blonde. She is one of the most intelligent people in the mainstream pop music business, in my opinion. I don't give a damn about her music but I love her as a person. Even though I can see how she might be viewed as a dumb blonde, I am 99.99% sure she just has a weird sense of humor and isn't actually an idiot.

• ifmemoryserves and Morrissey. like this

ifmemoryserves

ifmemoryserves
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,234 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2006
  • 1,857 rep
taylor swift says funny/dumb things in interviews sometimes... lots of people do. i can't imagine an interview is anyone at their best. either way, she's 24 years old woman who has to deal with a constant barrage of shit from the entire world (including multiple people who have come to her house and threatened to kill her) god forbid she wants to say some silly things on tv.

she is smart and she knows exactly what she's doing. yes she has people who work with her to make these decisions, but she is deeply involved with everything that goes on around her and her music. there is a reason each of her albums has gone multi-platinum, even throughout the huge decline in record sales.

i'm sorry if you guys think this post is an overreaction, but honestly it is almost 2015 and i'm so so sick of seeing negative comments about taylor swift. people just see one person say something negative about her and then they spread that invalid opinion to other people who continue to use it as some kind of proof that taylor is this dumb blonde, crazy "slut" and it's just so fucking tired and unproductive i'm just SO done with it.
  • johndorkian, Maddy. and ollhjr like this

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 669 rep

Line from the song New Romantics "We play dumb, but we know exactly what we're doing"

Also that song totally rips the vocal melody from I Miss You by Blink.

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • fighter of the nightman

• 16,051 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 4,143 rep

Line from the song New Romantics "We play dumb, but we know exactly what we're doing"

Also that song totally rips the vocal melody from I Miss You by Blink.

that must be why it's my fave. never made the connection. great song though, stood out to me straight away.

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• 6,510 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 3,595 rep
I'll state my post wasn't meant that Swift is a dumb blonde just that she has financial advisors plus a manager who dictates her life (which why complain he makes her a lot of money)

She's not dumb whiny yes but not dumb

Sidenote:

But we can't really say dumb people can't make smart business decisions there is a guy in Dallas who owns nearly all of Downtown is worth 1.2 billion but dropped out of school in 7th grade and admits he can barely read a Dr Seuss book but the people he has working for him makes very smart business moves for him

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,919 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,462 rep

I based my "dumb blonde" comment on seeing her on Graham Norton.  She came across as really dumb.  It was awful.  I'm sure she's very intelligent when it comes to her music and fans but she as a person didn't come across that way at all.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that I really like her music and I think she's very gifted.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 13,598 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,482 rep

I doubt she's actually dumb (though she is blonde), but if you don't get her sense of humour etc one could get that vibe from her.

I can't imagine being in her shoes at this age.

WeAllFloatDownHere

WeAllFloatDownHere
  • Dearly Beloved

• 6,510 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 3,595 rep
I liked her first two the self titled and Fearless? (Or is it Speak Now? Whatever one had "Tell Me Why" on it)

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 9,070 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,324 rep

So I've heard a few tracks from 1989 and I'm really hoping they decide to release it on vinyl, it would sound pretty awesome.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,598 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,482 rep

guys I might need an intervention

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,920 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,462 rep
Wonderland is fuckin spectacular. All You Had To Do Was Stay is also a fav.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,805 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,101 rep

i heard about all the great reviews on the album so i bought it today when i saw it at target! it's really great so far.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,598 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,482 rep

Style, Out of the Woods, and I Wish You Would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users