Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Taylor Swift

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Joined Aug 14, 2011
  • 1,038 rep

This woman is my ultimate guilty pleasure :lol: I have all of her albums, and I even went to her concert earlier in the year. I didn't like Red much when I first heard it, but now I adore it. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is just too catchy. Our Song will forever remain my favourite song by her though :wub:

I thought I was the only one :lol: 

I actually don't like Red much, I like a few songs but idk, maybe I should listen to the album more.

I love her older stuff though! Speak Now is definitely my fav album, then Fearless, I think :happy:

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,304 rep

I must admit I find her older material very...written by someone still figuring out how to do it without an overdose of sugary cheese. She showed flashes of excellence of Fearless, but it was Speak Now where she really got going. Love that album. Interesting that she wrote Speak Now entirely alone. Red grew on me so much, it's such a good album. She's as good as pop gets right now.

• greendaytodeathandback likes this

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep

Don't know how I have never come to this topic :lol:

I have been a Taylor fan for a little over a year now.... And my God I love her so much!!

Her music is so powerful and she has a song for everything and anything you might be going through, and then another to cheer you back up :happy:

I do quite love Taylor :D

Lady Darkling

Lady Darkling
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2013
  • 181 rep

Love her and her music. She may have gotten a bit too cocky, but I just can't stop loving her. And I do hope she goes back to being more country, 'cause nothing, and I mean NOTHING, it Taylor country. Her music is just something special. Love everything I have ever heard from her.

bjrules

bjrules
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 299 rep

Love her and her music. She may have gotten a bit too cocky, but I just can't stop loving her. And I do hope she goes back to being more country, 'cause nothing, and I mean NOTHING, it Taylor country. Her music is just something special. Love everything I have ever heard from her.

Apparently her next album is meant to be more country. But then again, they also said that about Red, so who knows? :lol:

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep

I must admit I find her older material very...written by someone still figuring out how to do it without an overdose of sugary cheese. She showed flashes of excellence of Fearless, but it was Speak Now where she really got going. Love that album. Interesting that she wrote Speak Now entirely alone. Red grew on me so much, it's such a good album. She's as good as pop gets right now.

I'm with you on this, the self titled album was a solid raw country album, Fearless had this progression in to the pop side of things with moments of brilliance. Fearless the song is amazing, but there are others where it falls flat, White Horse is one that comes to mind.

Then Speak Now was just perfection, such a great balance of upbeat songs whilst delving into more raw songs like Dear John, Never Grow Up

oops i still don't have the self titled album. should get on that.

Definitely urge you to have it be the next album you get. So many great songs

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,054 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,744 rep

yeah speak now is definitely where she really started to come into her own, flawless album. sparks fly is probably my fave taylor song. fearless is good and 16 year old me was obsessed with it but i think her self-titled album is better. mary's song has always been one of my favorites too it's just so pretty

bjrules

bjrules
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 299 rep
I actually really cannot choose my favourite Taylor Swift album. I mean, it's probably pretty easy to argue that Speak Now is better than self titled, but there is something about self titled that is just so wonderful, I love it. Our Song will forever be my favourite Taylor Swift song. Also and I mean, I have this weird bond with Fearless for being my first Taylor album, and it has some amazing tunes there. Speak Now, so amazing, I can remember being so excited for its release, and even better is that she wrote the whole thing herself. Red is also great, perhaps a little poppy but All Too Well is perhaps her best song lyrically, and even 22 has finally grown on me.
  • Justin likes this

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep

All Too Well is perhaps her best song lyrically, 

All Too Well is somehow emotionally filled as Dear John, Back To December and Teardrops On My Guitar all together, it's just that incredible.

I remember listening to it for the first time, i just stopped dead in my tracks to take it all in.

For those of you without the self titled album, this song is a bonus track from it and my favourite song by her

bjrules

bjrules
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 299 rep

All Too Well is somehow emotionally filled as Dear John, Back To December and Teardrops On My Guitar all together, it's just that incredible.

I remember listening to it for the first time, i just stopped dead in my tracks to take it all in.

For those of you without the self titled album, this song is a bonus track from it and my favourite song by her

Yep, I'm Only Me... would easily have to be one of her most underrated songs. I definitely think that the self titled album has the best bonus tracks. And All Too Well, holy shit. I'm listening to it right now, and it is incredible. In other news, I'm seeing Taylor on December 14th, and I actually cannot wait. She puts on a brilliant show :)

• Maddy. likes this

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • i'm the night sky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,054 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,744 rep

i've become obsessed with red all over again lately it's just so perfect ughhh. treacherous is my new favorite.

she's been talking about starting to write for her new album too and i'm so excited already :happy:

bjrules

bjrules
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 299 rep

I saw Taylor live on the 14th, and she was brilliant again! I really enjoyed the show. I do think that I did like the Speak Now Tour slightly more though. I seriously wish she kept playing songs from her self-titled album on the Red Tour, but oh well, it was still great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users