djrossstar

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/01 - La Conga, San Pedro, California, USA

jadedghiacand

its amazing how casual the whole event was

Mechanical Man

Oh they didn't play 27.

jadedghiacand
its amazing how casual the whole event was

i hope some1 uploads some good vids of the show - those venues looked the kind of places that wouldnt care if u had a big ass camcorder :D

Laura33

Thanks for that video.

The people who are going are so lucky to get to see Billie Joe in such an intimate venue. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Green Day do a mini club tour again before the next album is released.

**nobodylikesyou**
Sorry Beth but that has really pissed me off, i'd love to 'be able to fly in to see them', anyone got a free airticket they're not using? But i live over 10thousand miles away and have zero cash, do you want to lend me £2k? As someone who has bought PHGP music i'd give anything to see this band live once in my life time, but as they appear to have an allergic reaction to leaving CA it's never going to happen that not only pisses me off but hurts a little.

:(

end of rant, bk on topic.

Oh Jax, I am sorry you feel that way.

My point is I dont understand why some people that expect they should go tour around the world. I dont really get why they expect it. If this was a side project of a bunch of people in England or some other country, I would certainly be disappointed, but I wouldnt be pissed off that they all the sudden dont start touring the US even tho they never have in 17 years.

Looks like Santa even made it to that show.

I thought that too, and then cracked up when you said it! :)

mbk
Sorry Beth but that has really pissed me off, i'd love to 'be able to fly in to see them', anyone got a free airticket they're not using? But i live over 10thousand miles away and have zero cash, do you want to lend me £2k? As someone who has bought PHGP music i'd give anything to see this band live once in my life time, but as they appear to have an allergic reaction to leaving CA it's never going to happen that not only pisses me off but hurts a little.

:(

end of rant, bk on topic.

I guess the reason I'm not more upset about it, even though I've been listening to Pinhead Gunpowder since 1994 and I love their music, is that if I really wanted to go, I could. I have the time and I have the money (not that I have a lot of money, but I have enough to buy a plane ticket from here), what's really stopping me is my health. I'm so exhausted all the time that a trip like this would do me in. But certainly most people don't have the option at all. Most people here are kids who don't have their own money and couldn't travel the world by themselves even if they did, or grown ups who have jobs and families, and no extra cash lying around.

Anyway I'm happy we at least get to hear about it and see pictures. I think we have to try to be grateful for what he can have I guess, even if it hurts a little.

And imagine Beth saying something thoughtless and hurtful. That never happens... :D

Kingunderpants

afdklsajf;ds

CarmenPunkGirl

i wish i were there :rolleyes:

kiana

Billie Joe looks "older" !!

last time I saw him was in "the saints ... " and He absolutely looks older! (look at his eyes!)

and even I think Its great that he looks older and has become older! I dont know why I just love to see him becoming a real adult now ! you can finally find some peace in his face now ...

any way Im happy you could meet Billie Joe and even "talk" to him ... hope I could see him one day , when I become old enough to come to america :dry:

Pinheadstern

See you mother fuckers tonite!!!!!!!!!! I'm pushin alllllll the way to the front! :cool::angry::cool:

NoVaCaInE!
See you mother fuckers tonite!!!!!!!!!! I'm pushin alllllll the way to the front! :cool::angry::cool:

i hope someone hits you over the head with a banana for doing that :angry:

Nothing worse than waiting in line to go see a band, then you get your spot and some fuckwad who cant be arsed waiting comes and pushes their way up.

Eirik

take pics then

klytaemnestra
i hope someone hits you over the head with a banana for doing that :angry:

:lol:

Frank's Penis
NoVaCaInE! said:

Fuzz
I just found this vid on Youtube .. Billie getting photo taken with woman..same beanie so from this night as well?

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

thats awesome. hope to see more videos.

Frank's Penis

MusicalDeviant
I got the chance to talk to Jason and Bill and even Billie Joe for a few minutes. He was just hanging in the crowd during the opening act. The show much have had only 250 people there and it was in a tiny room. The stage was almost non-existent. It was like not even an inch off the ground so when Pinhead started I was basically as close as you can get without actually being in the band.

All I can say is that it was the greatest show I have ever seen in my life. It was worth waiting 14 years! I can't believe I get to see it a few more times in the next few days! Shout out to Brian from GD.net as well!

--DJ Rossstar

I've been waiting 18 years to meet green day....okay, well actually 8 years, since I've only liked green day since I was 10, but that's still almost a decade. Thank you for reminding me of why I went insane over wanting to meet them, and how it pretty much enveloped my life. And how I missed the BIAB premiere 3 years ago. Thanks :angry:

Whatever....I go see Pinhead tomorrow at the troubadour, which has the best acoustics in the city. I'll be there like 5 hours early so I can make sure to be at or near the front.

What should I wear? I don't want to look emo, so I'll avoid my striped hoodie....wear my black jeans, which are "skinny" but not really, their more like regular jeans, but just fit better. And I don't think it would be wise to wear a pinhead shirt (or a green day shirt for that matter).

masshysteria1

Does anyone know if there is going to be an opening act tonight or tomorrow? Or just the Pinheads?

MusicalDeviant
Does anyone know if there is going to be an opening act tonight or tomorrow? Or just the Pinheads?

Does it matter? Just get there really early. There is no parking in that area.......seriously. West Hollywood is notorious for its lack of parking. I live in Brentwood, so I'm often in or near West Hollywood.

clusterbomb
What should I wear? I don't want to look emo, so I'll avoid my striped hoodie....wear my black jeans, which are "skinny" but not really, their more like regular jeans, but just fit better. And I don't think it would be wise to wear a pinhead shirt (or a green day shirt for that matter).

y r u worrying what to wear?

and why is it wise not to wear a green day shirt???

you say that as if billie would be ashamed of being known for being in green day.

parinaz

Matt, Dont forget to take some photos ;)

Kingunderpants

They're playing with Toys that Kill tonight-same as last night. Do not miss this band. They're so fucking incredible. They toured with the Queers last year and it was the coolest thing that could have happened.

parinaz
I just found this vid on Youtube .. Billie getting photo taken with woman..same beanie so from this night as well?

">

Nova-Caine
I guess the reason I'm not more upset about it, even though I've been listening to Pinhead Gunpowder since 1994 and I love their music, is that if I really wanted to go, I could. I have the time and I have the money (not that I have a lot of money, but I have enough to buy a plane ticket from here), what's really stopping me is my health. I'm so exhausted all the time that a trip like this would do me in. But certainly most people don't have the option at all. Most people here are kids who don't have their own money and couldn't travel the world by themselves even if they did, or grown ups who have jobs and families, and no extra cash lying around.

Anyway I'm happy we at least get to hear about it and see pictures. I think we have to try to be grateful for what he can have I guess, even if it hurts a little.

And imagine Beth saying something thoughtless and hurtful. That never happens... :D

I agree with a lot of what you first put Dee and seriously you were doing ok until that last bit, i have not fallen out with beth i never would our friendship is more than differences of opinion on message boards, pity you could never understand that. In future keep out of my comments to my friends when i know all you're attempting to do here is stir shit.

Spam over.

Sign in to follow this