Sign in to follow this  
djrossstar

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/01 - La Conga, San Pedro, California, USA

sydneygirl

That is bloody amazing! I love reading your posts about PHGP! (djrosstar) You're so lucky to be seeing them like 3 times in a row (including tomorrow)!!!!! And having a relaxed chat with Billie??? Wow! No doubt this will be a time you will NEVER forget. Good on you! :D

PS Billie is looking mighty good!!! :D

Nova-Caine

Thanks again for sharing DJ, glad you got to chat with him again, have fun at the next show :)

sharon mitchell

*packs case, sells kids and moves to Cali*

Nova-Caine
what is with all you people complaining? :huh:

This is a side project, they arent gonna go on a full fledged tour around the country or world........they are gonna stay close to home.

Fly in if you need to see them, or quitchuuuur bitching. :rolleyes:

Sorry Beth but that has really pissed me off, i'd love to 'be able to fly in to see them', anyone got a free airticket they're not using? But i live over 10thousand miles away and have zero cash, do you want to lend me £2k? As someone who has bought PHGP music i'd give anything to see this band live once in my life time, but as they appear to have an allergic reaction to leaving CA it's never going to happen that not only pisses me off but hurts a little.

:(

end of rant, bk on topic.

Amanda

Sounds like another awesome night, Ross =]

I've combined the threads to make it easier for people coming in from the GDA link.

nathan13
Tonight's secret Pinhead Gunpowder show was in a tiny place called Babe's Warehouse. Don't be fooled by the name. This was no warehouse but a small room with a patio area. It probably fit about 200 people at capacity. I was able to talk to Billie Joe again for about 10 minutes. We chatted about Foxboro Hot Tubs, how they have never played "The Great Divide" live and coming on my radio show in the future amongst other things. It was cool being able to talk with him in an environment where no one was running up and bugging him every second.

The set list was the same as the night before although I forgot to add My Boot to that list last night!

The sound itself wasn't that great but the energy of seeing Pinhead Gunpowder in an insanely small room where their stage was a few pieces of wood under them is hard to even put into words! I can not wait for the Chain show tomorrow. I will post my pic with Billie and some video footage in a few.

--DJ Rossstar

l_a73128fbe95c96debda8a0eb47ff66a9.jpg

Nice pic mate!! You are so lucky to be able to have such a long converstaion with Billie.

Please tell me what you talked about!!

Amanda

Looks like Santa even made it to that show.

nathan13
Sorry Beth but that has really pissed me off, i'd love to 'be able to fly in to see them', anyone got a free airticket they're not using? But i live over 10thousand miles away and have zero cash, do you want to lend me £2k? As someone who has bought PHGP music i'd give anything to see this band live once in my life time, but as they appear to have an allergic reaction to leaving CA it's never going to happen that not only pisses me off but hurts a little.

:(

end of rant, bk on topic.

Don't be upset. I think this is just a little bit of getting back into touring for Billie.

He probably just wants to relax and have some fun without going to other states.

parinaz

WOW.....cooool!

i still wonder how u could go to this gigs and no one can! :lol:

cuz,they never said about this 1th and 2th shows.

Eirik
We chatted about Foxboro Hot Tubs, how they have never played "The Great Divide" live and coming on my radio show in the future amongst other things.

did he deny any connection to Foxboro Hot Tubs or did he admit to it?

RebelofSuburbia

^ yeees I'm curious too what did he say about FHT? did he suddenly get nervous? :D

fev5

Nice pic!!! Glad you had a good time :)

**kookai**

* sobbing so hard *

i'm so sad that you got to see them and i didn't....

at least you had a great time, pray tell us more

OliDayyy

The pics are awesome, thanks!

You're so lucky lucky luckyyyyyy!

BJ seems so nice, that's great :]

Mato

Wow, awesome!!! And Billie has blond hair again :woot:

arzosah30

I wonder if we can spring for a ticket for Aaron on the next GD tour, so they can do a couple gigs Down Under.. After all, Jason & Bill are already in tow..

Just at some little thing at local pub or something...

Anja

Wow, I´m so jelous :D

They played Backyard Flames? :o wow, this is one of my absolutely fav songs, I wish I was there :(

CarolsDayParade

Blonde again? °_° omg.

Kerplunk_thebest

Puta merda

hey ROSS

anyone made videos of the show?

cris_spain

Oh my.. that´s fuckin great! Great for you,you´re very lucky !!! :woot:

p.s: I like his hair

Bastard

Woo, sounds wicked!

nathan13

Yeah, what did he say about Foxboro Hot Tubs??

British Idiot
Tonight's secret Pinhead Gunpowder show was in a tiny place called Babe's Warehouse. Don't be fooled by the name. This was no warehouse but a small room with a patio area. It probably fit about 200 people at capacity. I was able to talk to Billie Joe again for about 10 minutes. We chatted about Foxboro Hot Tubs, how they have never played "The Great Divide" live and coming on my radio show in the future amongst other things. It was cool being able to talk with him in an environment where no one was running up and bugging him every second.

The set list was the same as the night before although I forgot to add My Boot to that list last night!

The sound itself wasn't that great but the energy of seeing Pinhead Gunpowder in an insanely small room where their stage was a few pieces of wood under them is hard to even put into words! I can not wait for the Chain show tomorrow. I will post my pic with Billie and some video footage in a few.

--DJ Rossstar

l_a73128fbe95c96debda8a0eb47ff66a9.jpg

Dude that brilliant!! I'm pleased you got to chat to Billie Joe, and pleased for him that he can still play the odd show where he can hang out and chat with fans without getting mobbed. Seeing them play such a tiny venue must've been awesome.

The whole thing makes me smile, I love the way Green Day have their roots so firmly planted in the East Bay punk scene and even now after millions of albums etc etc. they return to it to play tiny gigs standing on a few bits of wood. Legends. :)

jadedghiacand

so, is there any1 with any video or audio recordings?

i would have loved to go to one of those CA shows... sucks not living in CA... But hopefully the Brits will be rewarded in late August :D:lol:

(i also hope that BJ keeps that blonde hair and appearance :) )

arzosah30

I just found this vid on Youtube .. Billie getting photo taken with woman..same beanie so from this night as well?

Sign in to follow this