Sign in to follow this  
djrossstar

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/01 - La Conga, San Pedro, California, USA

Hermione

Well looky here, this looks like a fine thread. I should've started using this site properly earlier!

Those shows looked absolutely fantastic, I very much enjoyed the videos, photos, and stories from them :happy:

**nobodylikesyou**

fun times for sure!

Starbug

LORD there for a minute, I thought, "Holy shit, they've played new SHOWS??? GET TO GREEN DAY!" :lol:

GTI
LORD there for a minute, I thought, "Holy shit, they've played new SHOWS??? GET TO GREEN DAY!" :lol:

SAME.

Or at least they were about to lol

Starbug
SAME.

Or at least they were about to lol

lol I enjoy PHGP, but I'm ready for some Green mother fuckin' DAY! :sherlock:

Blu

I was trying to figure out why February 3rd mattered to me yesterday. I realized it was a year ago yesterday that I saw PHGP. It made me happy to remember that night. I didn't enjoy remembering how sick I felt, but the rest of the memory was awesome. I'm still a little pissed off that Tre Cool was like a foot next to me for a few seconds and I missed it.

parinaz

nice times. I can remember one thing... :rolleyes:

persons

i drove all the way from portland, oregon to los angeles to see pinhead gunpowder at the troubadour. it was exactly one year ago from today, it was totally fucking awesome. i tried to film it but my camera fucked up during new blood. but anyways. one of the best moments of my life.

Princess Consuela

For 10 minutes I've been reading this and wondering how is that possible I didn't know about any of these shows and everyone was so quiet about them and I've just realized it's been a year ago :pinch: I need to wake up.

punkinhead
i drove all the way from portland, oregon to los angeles to see pinhead gunpowder at the troubadour. it was exactly one year ago from today, it was totally fucking awesome. i tried to film it but my camera fucked up during new blood. but anyways. one of the best moments of my life.

I missed the Troubadour show--couldn't get tickets--but flew from Seattle so I guess you travelled a shorter distance, thabut worked harder than me! And if I know Aaron, he'd've told me to go the fuck home and stop being an East Bay punk tourist. If he only knew it also made me seek and find any old copy of Cometbus I could find AND want to quit my job and move to Gilman. But I'm an old fart and that's not going to happen.

I was apparently on another planet from 1990-2007 and missed pretty much the entire GD phenomenon (except for "Time of Your Life" on ER, sheesh). So to have awakened in time to see this incredible show at the Chain Reaction, just a couple feet from my idol/alter ego, and to have him turn his back and literally lay down on our outstretched hands was just short of orgasmic. (A bit like the San Diego FBHT show which WAS orgasmic...) I'll never forget standing in line in that nasty little strip mall in Anaheim and hearing their "Buffalo" sound check loud and clear, ai yi yi yum yum. Of course, Billie Joe is god and Green Day is the best fucking band EVER ;-) but PHGP also rock my world. If you haven't already, check out all of Compulsive Disclosure, everything on Goodbye Ellston Ave and Shoot the Moon. My least favorite, interestingly, is the 2008 EP of songs they debuted at these shows. Watching Billie read the lyrics as he sang was a hoot though....Ah, good times!

Sign in to follow this