Sign in to follow this  
djrossstar

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/01 - La Conga, San Pedro, California, USA

djrossstar

The three new songs were great but you could tell they had written them very recently because for one of them Billie Joe was holding a sheet of paper in front of him and literally reading the words.

I didn't get any pictures with him because some girl starting flashing pictures of him and so he went backstage to avoid a commotion. It was rad though having Billie Joe actually say hi to me first. Actually, if you want details he said, "Hey man! Longtime no see" and we spoke about the set I was about to witness.

I would say around 15 people knew the words to Pinhead' songs. That was more than I expected honestly. The signs they had up were great too. Sorry Green Day are someone still alive. Tonight playing: Pinhead Gunpowder. 12am.

DJ

Sole

DJ you are amazingly lucky.

This is why I wish I lived in California and was a bit older.

I'd love some more pictures and a video or two.

Have fun at other shows if ya go ^_^

piratepalmer

:o How amazing is that??! I just feel so happy for Billie to be able to play in that sort of venue still, with a minimal amount of "commotion". Thanks for the news!

And I love his hair. Surprised, aren't you? :D

parinaz

cooooolllll.

Bj said hello first :)

loulizr

Wow, completely jealous, but that's what you get when you're in the UK. Glad they rocked and were on top form :D

ucskaterpunk

you lucky bitch :o

i really hope someone videotapes one of their shows. if i had the money i would fly from ohio to california for 2-3 days and see one of their shows. it would be worth it.

Whatsername868

Ahhhh you lucky lucky person.

Queen of Dookie

:o Lucky...

I BE HAPPY NOW.

I HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO GO DO MY HORRIBLE HISTORY PROJECT :)

I hope some videos turn up!

And to everyone who is going: LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY.

I live too far. :/

farley drexel hatcher

I read on another forum that someone who went said they are recording another 7". I hope this is true, if they played new songs it sounds like it could be. I can't wait for the other shows now, hopefully there will be some videos turn up from those

musicrulzmylife

Oh I SO wish I would have listened to the rumours and WENT! I am in Texas and was going to fly to Cali for the Pinhead Gunpowder show at the Troubadour (sp?).... I called them a few weeks ago and of course they would NOT confirm it for me....So, since I couldn't be 100% sure they were going to be there, I didn't go!! I am SO UPSET about that too! I was :sick: going to fly for FREE! What a kick in the butt! I think I am going to go cry now :(

BooshFan91

Sounds like an amazing night! damn u! why the hell do I have to live in the middle of nowhere in north wales?? Dammit!! lol! :)

FJ

Is the basic premise of this thread for people who went to be able to gloat?

Femme Gauche

Yeah, to totally ignore the musical stuff, blond seems to be the way he likes to go between albums XD.

And wow... that's quite the set <33. I still need to get their records, man... but new stuff? That's outrageous. That's a once-in-a-lifetime experience I think... lucky lucky people.

Green Day Ray

Damn that sounds like that was fuckin amazing!!!!!

i would've LOVED to be there!!

i wish i lived in California soooo bad...silly Billie. :rolleyes: how many times is that boy gonna change his hair?lol

...i still love it. :P

just waiting all this time for tours and albums will only make the release of Green Day's new album THAT much more worth it b/c we all know how awesome it's gonna be....it's actually good to wait for something so long then when it comes out it's that much better cuz you know how long you were dying for it!lol.....although releasing it soon after is good too.i just can't wait til they go on tour again....I STILL WISH I COULDA BEEN AT THE PG CONCERT!!!DAMMMMMN... :cry:

Femme Gauche

You know, some people who aren't able to participate like to talk about what happens at things like this... out of curiousity, perhaps ;).

Fuzz

it helps the rest of us enjoy it just a tad bit more. i'm all for people gloating. i'm enjoying it.

FJ
it helps the rest of us enjoy it just a tad be more. i'm all for people gloating. i'm enjoying it.

Sadist.

djrossstar

I'm not trying to make anyone sad! Just telling you about the show. I look fwd to meeting some of you tomorrow and Monday!

--DJ

justcause

Shit, I wanna hear all about, who wouldn't? I appreciate the first-hand account! :)

British Idiot
I'm not trying to make anyone sad! Just telling you about the show. I look fwd to meeting some of you tomorrow and Monday!

--DJ

Shit, I wanna hear all about, who wouldn't? I appreciate the first-hand account! :)

Hell yeah, hearing about it is the closest any of us in the Uk are gonna get to a Pinhead show, so I'm well up for it. If anyone goes and feels like writing a 4 page paper about it, I'd happily read it.

Awesome that Billie Joe said Hi to you and recognised you - where'd he know you from ?

Agija

Wow, that sounds awesome. :happy:

*GrEeN DaY'S GiRl*

Oh god that's so awesome!

I wish i lived in california too...aww that's so unfair XD

i love the fact that billie is so "simple" with the fans and he's mostly like a normal person and not a famous rock star u know..that's great.

however a BIG thank you to dj for all the info about the show...i want to know everything possibleee!

queso
wow, jeez. Sounds like you had a great night out! And Bill's gone blonde again. He likes to go blonde between album releases doesn't he? :lol:

but can't wait to see/hear anything that was from the show.

okay, this will be about his hair, but not in the normal way... i promise XD

how soon after billie dyed his hair last time was the new album released?? maybe there's a pattern! i mean, i know they said november 4th or whatever, but maybe it's sooner?

annnnnnd, im jealous :cry: it would be so fucking cool to see him perform at a tiny venue like that. even if it's not in green day.

**nobodylikesyou**

i wish i was going to tonights show.

mbk

I love hearing about it! Being jealous about living too far away is just a waste of energy. And I'm really glad I came across the info about the show and passed it on to someone who wants to share the experience with us! Thanks DJ! :D

Sign in to follow this