Sign in to follow this  
phewnaral

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/08-04 - California, USA

Michelle7107

Gilman is only like 35 miles away from me, but I don't really want to go haha I like Billie Joe and all, but if I'm going to be wasting my money on tickets, I'd rather it be for Green Day.

SUE ME.

netty
did you leave before pinhead came out :o

pinhead werent playing that night. it was one of the influents last gigs I went to.

parinaz

Guys! dont take it seriously!!!

HE WONT PLAYS WITH THEM... :o

WHY?! the big fucking news was this PG band performance? and then that was really our business,huh?!

yes...im so frustrated now!...these guys called GREEN DAY wanna surprise us really?

how?? with all the nice Q&A they have replied? with all the photoshots they've done this mouth?

remember it's 20th...why should we wait till the end of the mouth and then wait again & again without any result? :sick::cry:

:cry:

nah...they were so... bad.....,i dunno...the only simple thing i can type maybe!

ah, and we call them cutey guys :dry:

OliDayyy

Why am i living so far :( ?

Beathe.

One of my friends were suppose to go, but she got really sick so she can't.

Is anyone going?

WHY?! the big fucking news was this PG band performance? and then that was really our business,huh?!

Yes... There's nothing wrong with Pinhead Gunpowder. :angry:

Bastard
Guys! dont take it seriously!!!

HE WONT PLAYS WITH THEM... :o

yes...im so frustrated now!...these guys called GREEN DAY wanna surprise us really?

how?? with all the nice Q&A they have replied? with all the photoshots they've done this mouth?

remember it's 20th...why should we wait till the end of the mouth and then wait again & again without any result? :sick::cry:

:cry:

nah...they were so... bad.....,i dunno...the only simple thing i can type maybe!

ah, and we call them cutey guys :dry:

:huh: I didn't understand a word of what you just said...

:lol:

WHO? oh that band that made that one song about the big yellow taxi?

so what? :mellow:

Lolz, Jason, Pinhead Gunpowder didn't write that song. Joni Mitchell did. :P

jadedghiacand

dont forget the camcorder/ recordin equipment when someone goes to one of those shows

netty

wonder what their policy will be with regards that kind of thing. I know the influents had some guy filming some of their gigs for them. dont know about pinhead. you certainly arent going to be able to sneak camcorderes in to gilman.

Tripe
wonder what their policy will be with regards that kind of thing. I know the influents had some guy filming some of their gigs for them. dont know about pinhead. you certainly arent going to be able to sneak camcorderes in to gilman.

The ticket confirmation from Chain Reaction clearly states "No recording devices, still camera, or video camera permitted." The Troubador website says "No videotaping, no flash photography. Still photography only with the consent of the artist."

Not that these rules have stopped people before, of course. But people will have to be careful. Smaller venues mean it's easier to be caught! I for one would rather watch and enjoy the show instead of trying to take pictures/video. :eyebrows:

**nobodylikesyou**

not much they could do about a camera phone .... unless someone was all obnoxious about it.

netty

its a case then of how good a view of the stage you can get then and what quality video you can get from a phone. and with the size of gilman... even mobiles will be spotted very easily. if there is a guy there with a camcorder.... it would better just enjoying the show and waiting for that version to turn up.

I could ask... see what the responce is to the idea. not that they would be surprised at people planning that. they might be planing to put it on youtube themselves. or the pinhead site.

**nobodylikesyou**
its a case then of how good a view of the stage you can get then and what quality video you can get from a phone. and with the size of gilman... even mobiles will be spotted very easily. if there is a guy there with a camcorder.... it would better just enjoying the show and waiting for that version to turn up.

I could ask... see what the responce is to the idea. not that they would be surprised at people planning that. they might be planing to put it on youtube themselves. or the pinhead site.

I dont really know what to expect. So I will do my best. :)

cocopot

If it is true, then I'll just be looking forward to any pictures that may surface :rolleyes:

netty

okay, here we go. happy news for once. I`ve been told that they will be quite happy for people to tape the shows! so those of you who are going... get yourselves organised! be aware though that non-gda members might well be hoping to tape the shows.... plus people in the audience wont want some twonk getting in the way of their enjoyment.

I`m sure between you you can come up with a decent recording of at least one of the shows.

Kryssi.

It's a good idea though in a sense if they do get someone official to record the show, which they might decide to make public on sites such as YouTube or even a DVD? But making a DVD just about their first few shows in 7 years is a good idea... i don't make sense. haha, i can't think straight right now.. too tired.

el gambito

I've been to Gilman a bunch of times, and I've never seen anyone getting hassled for taking pictures.

netty

they arent doing a dvd. its up to the fans if they want a decent recording. think the band are more interested with enjoying the shows. ;)

mbk
okay, here we go. happy news for once. I`ve been told that they will be quite happy for people to tape the shows! so those of you who are going... get yourselves organised! be aware though that non-gda members might well be hoping to tape the shows.... plus people in the audience wont want some twonk getting in the way of their enjoyment.

I`m sure between you you can come up with a decent recording of at least one of the shows.

I think the only thing they would care about is someone being obnoxious or getting in the way. Usually the restrictions against non-professionals taking pictures at concerts are for commercial reasons, because someone official expects to make money off the pictures or video. None of those things are an issue with non-commercial bands like the bands that play at Gilman.

I used to volunteer at a punk venue in NYC that is a lot like Gilman, and there were no restrictions against regular folks taking pictures, only against corporate assholes doing so... ;)

**nobodylikesyou**

Thanks netty!

Blu

BlueDays and I are going to the show at Chain Reaction. Yeah! :D

netty
BlueDays and I are going to the show at Chain Reaction. Yeah! :D

so does that mean you volunteer to organise this thing then?

not that I give a stuff. now if it was the frussy guys..... that would be way different! :lol:

Mommy's Little Nightmare

Well, at least there will be people filming it.

I'm sadly 3000 miles on the other side of the country, but if I were in California- shit, I'd be there!

mbk

I've been thinking about this, and Andres hasn't been around to give me his take: Do people have an opinion as to whether the Gilman show should be announced on GDA? It's no secret at this point, but having it on GDA makes it very public, and it feels a bit disloyal to Gilman, since they chose not to announce it online.

On the other hand, even Howie Klein, former president of Reprise Records, has made a public announcement of it, on the Huffington Post, which gets a lot more visitors than GDA, though not as many Green Day fans:

The Bay Area show isn't reported but a good source tells the Huffington Post that they'll be at Gilman Street in Berkeley on February 10.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howie-klein/...nc_b_82324.html

And it's been on the site of one of the other bands performing for a while now:

http://www.laplebe.com/05/index2.html

I'm still gonna wait for Andres, just wondering what ppl think.

el gambito

Hmmm...that's a tough call.

I'm going to vote "No, don't post it." If they wanted the show to be that public, they'd make the announcement themselves, either on the Gilman site or some other way.

Besides, if it's posted on GDA, then people are going to go just because Billie Joe is in the band, and real Pinhead Gunpowder fans might not get in.

It's a small venue, so it's a good idea not to tell EVERYONE. The people that want to go the most probably know by now.

stza

i just ordered my ticket online for the show on the 3rd, it was like nine bucks, i am flying in from nyc to go to this!

see everyone their AND LOOK FOR ME CHICKEN MAN

thats my name

Sign in to follow this