Sign in to follow this  
phewnaral

Pinhead Gunpowder - 2008/02/08-04 - California, USA

Milan.

it may happen, you never know.

then again, i dont know if your a credible source.

unless its an ultra secret show with little people knowing, i dont lnow.

it would be cool though

mbk

This just seems very odd. Pinhead Gunpowder hasn't been active in years, why would they play a show now? And Netty has a point: this show would attract so much attention that if it's announced ahead of time it will attract a huge crowd that Gilman St. couldn't handle. Granted they don't have to let more people in that the club can accomodate, but it's a small volunteer-run venue, things could easily get out of control. It just seems like a strange thing. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. It'll be great if it happens.

Tremma

That's true? :o

So, why I can't live there.. what a pity..

Fuzz

Well, i mean it is only Pinhead Gunpowder. Only some of Green Day's more "involved" fans would even be interested in seeing them. Of course there'd be a huge turnout, but it's not as if Green Day would be playing. Which would then easily been overwhelming.

¡Jenn!
I thought Billie Joe wasn't allowed in this club anymore...:huh:

I thought all of Green Day weren't allowed, but the Frustrators played there ages ago, can't remember when, though.

mbk

Green Day can't play Gilman St because the venue doesn't book bands that are on major labels, but that wouldn't stop Pinhead Gunpowder, which is not on a major label, from performing there.

Green Day did play there in 2001. They went on after The Influents, which is Jason White's band, but they weren't officially booked to play that show and it hadn't been announced that they would be playing, as far as I know.

The Gilman St web site has these bands listed as playing on Feb 10:

Sunday 10 $6

5PM SHOW

La Plebe

Carnal Knowledge

Zomo

It just seems unlikely to me that Pinhead Gunpowder would play a show at all, but I certainly hope they do.

OWfx

ithink they last played there in 2003 if anyones thinking there banned or anything

netty
And Netty has a point: this show would attract so much attention that if it's announced ahead of time it will attract a huge crowd that Gilman St. couldn't handle. Granted they don't have to let more people in that the club can accomodate, but it's a small volunteer-run venue, things could easily get out of control.

hence why I was questioning whether our thread starter had the right to start the thread as well as how authentic his info is.

Andres... it might "only" be pinhead but Billie is still involved and we all know how enthusiastic Billie fans can be no matter what he is doing. ;)

La Plebe

Carnal Knowledge

Zomo

anybody checked to see if they are legitimate bands or not?

*withoutadoubt*

Seems as if the thread starter edited his posts - maybe it was a mistake or he thought twice.

netty

never noticed that! :lol: have to see if he has done that on the other forums he posted on.

**nobodylikesyou**

i wonder what "w" means.............

Jewels!

wtf?

I doubt this is true.

W??

Kingunderpants

On another message board, pretty credible sources said this is definitely happening. I'm buying my plane tickets in a few days.

farley drexel hatcher

I just went on the PHGP messageboard, and someone said that 'according to Larry Livermore on another board, it's happening', but they didn't say what board it was.

Relavar

w.

netty

w stands for "whoops" :P

spark in the night

haha this is all confusing :lol:

oh well not like I can attend or anything

**nobodylikesyou**
w stands for "whoops" :P

:lol:

phewnaral

Sorry, I left myself logged in and my friend who knows about this message board thought it would be funny to edit my posts.

The reason Pinhead Gunpowder is not on the Gilman Website is because the person who does the website thought it was a joke (Sometimes people write bands in that are not really playing). It will be up soon. And yes those other bands are real you can find them on Myspace.com. Look at the upcoming show listing for La Plebe.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=14737208

Trina

It would be great if PG played but somehow I don't think they are going to...If they do I hope someone films it *hint-hint* because I live in Ireland and sure as fuck don't have money to go over...

Didnt the topic starter say Cometbus rung Gilman to say they were playing...this could be true but maybe he never asked Billie Joe in advance er...maybe they will play without him? I dont know...It would be great if they did play tho...

Letterbomber
w

what the fuck is with the w's? :huh::dry:

**nobodylikesyou**

what the fuck is with the w's? :huh::dry:

Sorry, I left myself logged in and my friend who knows about this message board thought it would be funny to edit my posts.

The reason Pinhead Gunpowder is not on the Gilman Website is because the person who does the website thought it was a joke (Sometimes people write bands in that are not really playing). It will be up soon. And yes those other bands are real you can find them on Myspace.com. Look at the upcoming show listing for La Plebe.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=14737208

netty

all that does is prove the existance of one of the bands in that nights line up.

it doesnt prove that pinhead are playing.

if that band wanted everybody to know they were going to do that gig... it would be advertised by them.

I`ve been on this and various other forums for a good while now... and still a lot of people dont take what I say seriously. well so be it. when we have a new member joining and passing on news like this.. well, people are going to be sceptical for the simple reason that all those who have been on the forums for even a short time.. have seen so called credible people come, be proved wrong.. and vanish yet again. trust isnt given easily. trust has to be earned.

Fuzz

I think everyone is definitely right to remain skeptical. Optimistic, but skeptical. I'll believe it when i see it.

**nobodylikesyou**
Optimistic, but skeptical. I'll believe it when i see it.

^exactly.

Sign in to follow this