Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Harry Potter Series

* * * * - 41 votes

• Please log in to reply
5202 replies to this topic

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 14,271 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,805 rep
This is so weird. We were only discussing this in the spam thread last night, and JK has now come out and said that she wishes she'd made Harry and Hermione happen instead of Ron/Hermione.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-26007732

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,014 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,629 rep

http://www.buzzfeed....hat-would-total

Mind fucking blown. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,242 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,334 rep

http://www.buzzfeed....hat-would-total

Mind fucking blown. 

Wow, that's old. Buzzfeed are really scraping the barrel now :lol:

That's just a simple case of bending words until they sound like you want them to sound. They took a single phrase out of the entire prophecy, chopping a sentence in half just to make their theory work. It's very weak stuff.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,014 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,629 rep

Wow, that's old. Buzzfeed are really scraping the barrel now :lol:

That's just a simple case of bending words until they sound like you want them to sound. They took a single phrase out of the entire prophecy, chopping a sentence in half just to make their theory work. It's very weak stuff.

Yeah well. I thought it was interesting. 

And anyway, "bending words until they sound like you want them to sound", isn't all interpretation based on that? Doesn't make it incorrect.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,242 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,334 rep

Yeah well. I thought it was interesting. 

And anyway, "bending words until they sound like you want them to sound", isn't all interpretation based on that? Doesn't make it incorrect.

Taking an single phrase of a paragraph and using it out of context as the basis for your entire theory does though :P

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 493 rep

this theory could be the basis for a whole new series though ;)

harry gets hit by an avada kedavra curse in action as an auror. but he still lives and eventually finds out that he is immortal. the media and others find out too and he gets build up as a kind of super hero doing the most dangerous missions and stuff... but he starts to question his life and how a moment has any value if there'll never be an end. he starts to think he reached what he never - and voldemort always wanted: a never ending life. he gets depressed over that thought, hates the never ending responsibility for everyone that comes with his immortality. he does several suicide attempts, knowing of course he won't die. his old character starts to show again: he has to do everything alone, and belives no one can help him. his marriage falls apart over that and ron and hermione are desperate to reach him.

harry comes to the conclusion that being dead is better than surviving everyone he loves and never being able to rejoin them in some kind of afterlife. he heard romours about an hour glass that isn't destroyed yet and has a plan: he wants to find the hour glass, travel back in time and sabotage the young harry and his friends to make sure voldemort is the one succeeding and killing harry, so he will be the one who is immortal and harry can find peace in death. he is so obsessed with the thought of dying that he only recognizes half way through that bringing voldemort to power just for his own sake might be a kind of a shit move. so he thinks about alternatives. what if he travels back further in time to make sure baby nevil longbottom will be the one attacked by voldemort and he will stop him in the end? so nevil becomes the boy who lived? and harry will have a normal life from the start?

i know time travel paradox might be a problem in the story, but jkr introduced it, so she has to deal with that :P

• Todd likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,170 rep

^ Is that a fanfic you're working on? :P If not it should be, that's a really interesting idea. 

DTH

DTH
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined Apr 02, 2012
  • 493 rep

not yet haha. i just got the idea when i read that theory and thought it has some great potential for continuing the story. i never wrote a fictional story since 8th grade or so, but maybe i should try it out just for me? don't know if i have the endurance though. or hey, maybe i could sell the idea to JKR and she completes it? :P

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 15,737 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,184 rep

This is good fun

http://www.cracked.c...r-universe.html

• Not Anyone. likes this

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,170 rep

not yet haha. i just got the idea when i read that theory and thought it has some great potential for continuing the story. i never wrote a fictional story since 8th grade or so, but maybe i should try it out just for me? don't know if i have the endurance though. or hey, maybe i could sell the idea to JKR and she completes it? :P

You might as well for the laugh, if you get bored you can always stop. :D

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,206 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,069 rep
Study finds that people who read ‘Harry Potter’ are more accepting of minorities

http://www.altpress....ting_of_minorit

• Todd likes this

ArcticBlark

ArcticBlark
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined Jul 29, 2014
  • 2 rep

Harry Potter is an ended saga, JK said it. 

Laetitia

Laetitia
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2014
  • 4 rep

I wish one of Green Day's songs had been included in the Deathly Hallows Part 1 soundtrack. I mean, yeah, I liked 'O Children', but I would have been ecstatic to see a GD track in an HP score. Instead, 'The Forgotten' was in stinking 'Twilight' (no offense to any Twilight fans out there). I feel like that kind of discredits it and makes Green Day look like they sold out to some people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users