The latest Green Day item you bought

Mato

• 2 weeks later...

Today I added the Hüsker Dü / Green Day Split 7" (Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely) to my collection. :-)

• Like 2

I just bought some AI era folders

I had some years ago but I used the hell out of them in middle school. Nostalgic find for me :cry: <3

• Like 2

Bought 4 CD's last week online.

1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (Enhanced CD)

¡UNO! (Japanese Version)

21st Century Breakdown (Japanese Version with bonus DVD)

Nimrod HDCD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Nimrod HDCD

I haven't listened to the HD part. I'd love to get a rip of that

50 minutes ago, Todd said:

I haven't listened to the HD part. I'd love to get a rip of that

I'll simplify HDCD for you as best as I can. It's a relatively unknown format to most people. Released in the Mid-90s, and discontinued in 2000, this format is superior to a standard CD, as it allows for 20-bit audio, as compared to a 16-bit standard CD. "Nimrod" being the only Green Day title released in this format, it's as close to vinyl record quality as you can get on a CD.  ((I'll do my best to find a way to rip the audio, and will message you when I do.))

1 hour ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

I'll simplify HDCD for you as best as I can. It's a relatively unknown format to most people. Released in the Mid-90s, and discontinued in 2000, this format is superior to a standard CD, as it allows for 20-bit audio, as compared to a 16-bit standard CD. "Nimrod" being the only Green Day title released in this format, it's as close to vinyl record quality as you can get on a CD.  ((I'll do my best to find a way to rip the audio, and will message you when I do.))

Wasn't pretty every "Nimrod"-CD a HDCD?
@Todd You don't have that at home?

22 minutes ago, Koal Koalson said:

@Todd You don't have that at home?

I have it, I just don't know how to listen to the HD part. I saw on reddit that you need some kind of special player or program for it, it's not as simple as just playing it on a normal CD player

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (Enhanced CD)

What is an 'enhanced cd'? I thought there was just one version of that cd

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

What is an 'enhanced cd'? I thought there was just one version of that cd

An 'Enhanced CD' means that there is bonus content on the CD (such as video) that is accessible through a PC.

2 hours ago, Todd said:

I have it, I just don't know how to listen to the HD part. I saw on reddit that you need some kind of special player or program for it, it's not as simple as just playing it on a normal CD player

You need a CD Player with a chip that allows you access the 'HD'. Basically a HDCD Player.

2 hours ago, Koal Koalson said:

@Todd

Not exactly. Most copies of Nimrod were a standard CD. You can actually check on the back of your CD Cover. If it has a logo that says HDCD, then there is your answer.

50 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Not exactly. Most copies of Nimrod were a standard CD. You can actually check on the back of your CD Cover. If it has a logo that says HDCD, then there is your answer.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/9x3pp4pm/IMG_5530.JPG

At least 6 of my 9 "Nimrod"-CDs have the HDCD-logo, that's why I was assuming most of them were like that.
My Australian copy and the German Promo (green cover) don't have it. I can't say if my Korean copy has it, since there's a big OBI on the back and it's sealed.

6 minutes ago, Koal Koalson said:

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/9x3pp4pm/IMG_5530.JPG

At least 6 of my 9 "Nimrod"-CDs have the HDCD-logo, that's why I was assuming most of them were like that.
My Australian copy and the German Promo (green cover) don't have it. I can't say if my Korean copy has it, since there's a big OBI on the back and it's sealed.

Perhaps it was more common in other parts of the world? I can really only speak for the United States, most copies here are Standard CD

I bought Insomniac yesterday night. I was so sure I already have it, but, if I did have it, it's missing now.

wow, that's crazy, I never knew about the HDCD thing!! I bought my copy of nimrod on CD on the day it came out in 1997 and I just checked my copy and it says HDCD on the back, crazy that I've never noticed it before!

• Like 1

also, the  nimrod CD in the studio albums 1990 - 2009 box set is also a HDCD. though it only does say so on the CD itself.

@Todd

If someone were to rip the HDCD Tracks, would we be able to put them up on GDT or something?

7 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

@Todd

If someone were to rip the HDCD Tracks, would we be able to put them up on GDT or something?

I don't know

Last item was a shirt I bought at Pinkpop '17. I got some CDs for Christmas last year (Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot and Revolution Radio, pretty much my entire wishlist screamed GREEN DAY), and I bought the shirt at the concert. Pretty bad quality, actually, but I bought it before seeing them live, that's why I bought it at all. Usually, I buy good quality shirts and let a local shop print logos on them.

Oh, and the Revolution Radio CD had stickers on it, y'know, one that said "featuring the new singles Bang Bang, Revolution Radio and Still Breathing", and one that said "Explicit Lyrics". They were vinyl stickers, so I pulled them off the CD case and put them on my bass.

1 hour ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Heart grenade air freshener 

Where can I get this.  I must have this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Heart grenade air freshener and AI era burnable blank cds :D

What does it smell like?

4 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

What does it smell like?

Heart grenade

Spoiler

Had to do it, sorry :D

• Like 1