Did Green Day sell out?

Fuzz

the idiot club is stupid. if theyre really care about us, theyre not gonna charge us fucking 20 dollars to talk about em. were theyre customers, nothing more.

and a few years ago billie wrote "fasion victim", about a fashion designer who died, and said that he didnt feel sorry for him.

now, billie comes out with a clothing line, and wear 4000 dollar suits and leather jackets.

i mean, a clothing line, does it get any more hypocritical then that?

This has been over done. I hate it when people pull shit, from years back, and expect it to still apply.

If you went to the grammys, im sure you wouldn't want to go in a work shirt and pants you've had since the 11th grade. Hell yes they are gonna dress up, and they have every right to.

They don't have an obligation to anybody to stay a certain way their entire life. To please to another "certain audiance" you didn't mention, their old fans.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been over done. I hate it when people pull shit, from years back, and expect it to still apply.

If you went to the grammys, im sure you wouldn't want to go in a work shirt and pants you've had since the 11th grade. Hell yes they are gonna dress up, and they have every right to.

They don't have an obligation to anybody to stay a certain way their entire life. To please to another "certain audiance" you didn't mention, their old fans.

he said he wouldnt change his beleifs, and your beleivfs dont just change in 3 years completely.

whats wrong with going to grammys in your regular clothes? thats what they claimed to believe in.

Thats the point, things from years back SHOULD still apply... but it doesnt, because theyve changed what they stood for.

I dont care if he dresses up. But theres no need to dress up in designer suits that look the same as JCPenny suits

You're right, they dont have an obligation, but if they change, you cant expect people not to point out that they dont stand for the same things anymore.

he said he wouldnt change his beleifs, and your beleivfs dont just change in 3 years completely.

whats wrong with going to grammys in your regular clothes? thats what they claimed to believe in.

Grammy's aside (even though someone did get kicked out for no going dressed up, so that shot down your opinion on that)

but fuck, "he said he'd never change his beliefs", he wears fucking eyeliner and suits, big fuckin' deal. It doesn't mean he changed his beliefs, on anything as a matter of fact, it just means, damn, the man wants to dress up.

They stand for the same things as well as new things. Their style can change in a few years. Ever since president Bush they've probably felt obigated to new things (more of the politcal side).

i dont think theyre gonna kick Green day, the biggest band in the world outta the grammys cus they arent dressed properly :lol:

They stand for the same things as well as new things. Their style can change in a few years. Ever since president Bush they've probably felt obigated to new things (more of the politcal side).

theyre new things contradict their old things. im not even gonna bother explaining it for the 10000th time, its obvious.

i dont think theyre gonna kick Green day, the biggest band in the world outta the grammys cus they arent dressed properly :lol:

theyre new things contradict their old things. im not even gonna bother explaining it for the 10000th time, its obvious.

Yes, I suppose telling President Bush to Fuck off and Dressing however they want is contradicting their old beliefs. I'm sorry. You win.

Thats the point, things from years back SHOULD still apply... but it doesnt, because theyve changed what they stood for.

I dont care if he dresses up. But theres no need to dress up in designer suits that look the same as JCPenny suits

You're right, they dont have an obligation, but if they change, you cant expect people not to point out that they dont stand for the same things anymore.

"Thats the point, things from years back SHOULD still apply" --

Not really, I mean, a 21 year old doesn't think about his future, or what it could hold. Opinions do change, and they should, if they didn't, we would all be johhny rotton clones now wouldn't we.

"...Selling out is signing a contract with a major record label..."

So the Sex Pistols, Blink 182 and The Ramones were sell outs.

"Thats the point, things from years back SHOULD still apply" --

Not really, I mean, a 21 year old doesn't think about his future, or what it could hold. Opinions do change, and they should, if they didn't, we would all be johhny rotton clones now wouldn't we.

And if his opinions and things he once stood for do change, you cant expect people not to notice, and just let it slide.

*Pulls hair out* Well, here ya go:

Ok, In my opinion Green Day did NOT sell out. If you were lving in a shack with brely any money barely making it in the world and all you had was your music...you with me? and all of the sudden a record company comes to you saying 'We'll let be stylistic in your own way, we won't critisize you, and we'll let you make a living off of it' What would you say. Call me a dumb ass, but it's exactly everyone's goal in life to be poor their whole life. I wou;d've taken it too. All their records untill now have all about fun and doing what you want, which just makes American Idiot so much greater. They are finally doing what they had been writing songs about for 12 years. They are doing what they want. They are telling Bush he is a retarded ass hole who sucks monkey ass. I Think that is awesome and one of the most punk things I have ever seen.

-The End

agree in all

and yea bush and the fucking war suxs

who gives a fuck what label someone's on?! i mean, seriously. as long as they're still making the same music for the same reasons, it shouldn't matter what label they're on. if they were to change their entire sound and/or image to become popular and/or make more money *cough*greenday*cough*, then THAT'S when i guess you could say they "sold out".

And if his opinions and things he once stood for do change, you cant expect people not to notice, and just let it slide.

If you don;t agree with his new beliefs, get off this forum.

If you don;t agree with his new beliefs, get off this forum.

hahaha... you're hilarious

who the fuck are you to say something like that?

I guess people can aruge, but I don't and will never agree with the other side. Sure they have changed in a lot of ways, everyone changes. Just because they said something 10 years ago, you can't go by what someone said 10 years ago and apply it to today. Everyone changes.

And i'm not saying they should. But people constantly decide that they know what a his beliefs are, and that he sold out, because he helped design a shirt. Sure he said something back in the day in an interview, but fuck, don't take it to heart. No one will know billie joe exept billie joe.

Whay the fuck can't I get the quote thing right...

And i'm not saying they should. But people constantly decide that they know what a his beliefs are, and that he sold out, because he helped design a shirt. Sure he said something back in the day in an interview, but fuck, don't take it to heart. No one will know billie joe exept billie joe.

Whay the fuck can't I get the quote thing right...

Thats why its called an opinion

So the Sex Pistols, Blink 182 and The Ramones were sell outs.

hate to break it to ya, but blink were sellouts, johnny rotten is a sellout. ramones werent. they pwn.

selling out ISNT signing to a major lable.

I guess people can aruge, but I don't and will never agree with the other side. Sure they have changed in a lot of ways, everyone changes. Just because they said something 10 years ago, you can't go by what someone said 10 years ago and apply it to today. Everyone changes.

Thats like a four year old saying I want to be a dog when I grow up and 10 years later, deciding they want to become and engineer. People change and you can;tblame them for it. People like you and me change in the same way...yet we aren't critisized for it, why is that?

ha ha ha...I'm serious

so, in order to be a green day fan and talk to other green day fans online, you must believe with everything that green day believes in now and has believed in in the past? :rolleyes:

Yes, I suppose telling President Bush to Fuck off and Dressing however they want is contradicting their old beliefs. I'm sorry. You win.

HAHAHA. its exactly what every other "punk" band is doing. you have no fuckin idea how many real punk bands did it before them, countless. and the clothes....its just a trend, i dont think its "dressing however they want".

Thats like a four year old saying I want to be a dog when I grow up and 10 years later, deciding they want to become and engineer. People change and you can;tblame them for it. People like you and me change in the same way...yet we aren't critisized for it, why is that?

Probably because our fan base doesn't consist of millions and we aren't in the public spotlight :)

Archived