Green Day in new punk doco/movie - Punk's Not Dead

andymac

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think an aussie guy is doing a doc of punk rock and its development, am waiting for that to come out later this year

When is that damn thing coming out? It's definitely not new.

if you look on the link to the site that was posted , in the news links, it pretty much looks like this was only completed this year. which means its new.

I really want to see this.

There is only one theater here in Tulsa that might play it when it comes out, so I will have to hop to when it shows! It would probably be here maybe a week....

The documentary "Punk's not dead" that will be out in this north-american summer with participations of a lot of punk world's artist, including a lot of bands like TSOL, The Clash, The Offspring, and Green Day!

The trailer is out, you can check it out by clicking here(Or high quality, here)

BJ appears twice, at 1:09 appears BJ's voice, then at 1:11 apears a video with himself, after, at 2:41 during some concert.

And from 1:11 to 1:56 there is a background music very closed to Longview, after that there is a part of a interview with the Sum41 guys.

Another punk world's icons appears to, like Mike Ness, Dexter Holland, Mike Roche...

Check out the photos at greendaybr.net.

By: www.greendaybr.net

It's already been posted, but I have merged your post as it gives details of the points to look for in the trailer.

Ok, so I went to see it last night with friends, and it was really good. Billie Joe had bits of interviews scattered throughout the movie, and it was great to see him among all those other punk greats. It might be corny, but it makes me really proud to be a fan.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good, even had a few good laughs - the clip in the trailer with Phil Donohue was so funny! He was making a big deal about some kid who turned into a 'punk' and interviewed him. He had before and after pictures - it got a laugh out of the crowd. There were other funny parts as well; it was well made and kept you interested, and I'll add here that it was very positive, too.

Why was there a collective groan from the audience (or maybe it was just our group) when MCR came on the screen???? :huh:

The website says it's gonna come out on dvd with extra footage.

Looks awesome. I just wonder how many of the people shown there are posers with mohawks :/

posers with mohawks??

people with faux hawks you could maybe get away with calling posers.... but for an adult to do that..... and still work?

posers with mohawks??

people with faux hawks you could maybe get away with calling posers.... but for an adult to do that..... and still work?

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about the musicians. Generally I don't get how people make it seem that mohawk+person=punk

The documentary "Punk's not dead" that will be out in this north-american summer with participations of a lot of punk world's artist, including a lot of bands like TSOL, The Clash, The Offspring, and Green Day!

The trailer is out, you can check it out by clicking here(Or high quality, here)

BJ appears twice, at 1:09 appears BJ's voice, then at 1:11 apears a video with himself, after, at 2:41 during some concert.

And from 1:11 to 1:56 there is a background music very closed to Longview, after that there is a part of a interview with the Sum41 guys.

Another punk world's icons appears to, like Mike Ness, Dexter Holland, Mike Roche...

Check out the photos at greendaybr.net.

By: www.greendaybr.net

Valeu Gustavo ;) Você sabe onde posso encontrar esse dvd no Brasil? Já tá rolando? :)

Ok, so I went to see it last night with friends, and it was really good. Billie Joe had bits of interviews scattered throughout the movie, and it was great to see him among all those other punk greats. It might be corny, but it makes me really proud to be a fan.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good, even had a few good laughs - the clip in the trailer with Phil Donohue was so funny! He was making a big deal about some kid who turned into a 'punk' and interviewed him. He had before and after pictures - it got a laugh out of the crowd. There were other funny parts as well; it was well made and kept you interested, and I'll add here that it was very positive, too.

Why was there a collective groan from the audience (or maybe it was just our group) when MCR came on the screen???? :huh:

The website says it's gonna come out on dvd with extra footage.

Luuuuuuuucky ;):wub:

The website has been posted several times. Yes, it's out and yes it's new. It's showing now, but only in a few cities, so most people will have to wait for the DVD. These are the screening dates:

http://www.punksnotdeadthemovie.com/news.html

There isn't a lot of Billie Joe in it, so if you're going to see it just for him it's not much, tho he does have a few nice quotes:

"In the biginnning the scene was about muscly guys with their shirts off showing off for other muscly guys with their shirts off. We wanted to do sth different." "I didn't learn about politcs in school, I learned about it from punk rock." "When people object to corporate sponsorship of punk they often can't come up with a reason why it's wrong." Not exact quotes of course.

But it's a really good movie, and an excellent and inspiring overview of what punk rock means to a lot of people and what it has been able to inspire and bring about, in terms of people finding each other and a community, learning to reject bullshit, accepting being a misfit and outsider and other misfits and outsiders, caring about politics and society, etc.

It might make you a believer if you think punk rock is meaningless... :D

Archived